Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2020, 02:35 PM

9,500 posts, read 2,917,128 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
He brings up barron almost every single day at his rallies and elsewhere. Its a pathetic and sad thing to see a father drag his underage child into this. But its what I expect from Trump.
How? Does he make fun of Barron? Does he tell bad stories about Barron? I’ve heard, Carter, Clinton, Bush, Obama talk about their children, but horrors if Trump talks about Barron. Yes, I heard all Presidents talk about their children while campaigning.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2020, 02:38 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,065,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
He brings up barron almost every single day at his rallies and elsewhere. Its a pathetic and sad thing to see a father drag his underage child into this. But its what I expect from Trump.
Obama occasionally used his daughters in his campaigns. Did that bother you?

“A new Internet ad by the president’s reelection campaign features a portrait of the first family asking supporters to “help the Obamas stand up for working Americans.” The appeal, a departure from the typical Obama messaging, provides an early glimpse of the role the president’s wife and daughters are likely to play in his campaign.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...0PR_story.html

Maybe you are just upset that the Trump family recovered?

Old 10-27-2020, 02:42 PM

15,945 posts, read 12,276,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues4evr View Post
There is a big difference between adult children and a minor, Barron hasn’t done anything wrong and is a minor and Hunter is a almost middle age man.

Good point. I didn't know he was 14. Shows how much I pay attention to the fine details.

Old 10-27-2020, 02:51 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,358,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues4evr View Post
How? Does he make fun of Barron? Does he tell bad stories about Barron? I’ve heard, Carter, Clinton, Bush, Obama talk about their children, but horrors if Trump talks about Barron. Yes, I heard all Presidents talk about their children while campaigning.
Once you bring your children into it they WILL get discussed by the other side. When you bring them into something especially contentious such as denying Covids seriousness, theyre going to be discussed.

OP complains that people are discussing Barron in context of how trump is bringing them up. Your defense is that Obama brought his kids up and the the GOP attacked them, calling them truly horrific things.

And my argument again is that presidents shouldnt bring their minor children up. So yeah, I didnt like it when Obama did it because I knew what the GOP would do. And some of the GOP folks called them truly truly offensive things. VILE things. Thus I dont think presidents should bring them up in political subjects. Obama I felt even more strongly about this because of just how horrid the GOP behaves.

Old 10-27-2020, 02:52 PM

5,117 posts, read 2,159,880 times
I think all boxing gloves have been removed these days. Nothing is taboo anymore.

Old 10-27-2020, 02:55 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,358,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete98146 View Post
I think all boxing gloves have been removed these days. Nothing is taboo anymore.
Negative commentary on barron is still something folks should not do. Period. I dont care who does it.

Old 10-27-2020, 03:02 PM

5,293 posts, read 5,235,996 times
Minor children should never be brought up in any kind of campaign.
Grown children on the other hand are fair game imo.

Old 10-27-2020, 03:04 PM

19,220 posts, read 17,075,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
Speficially, talking about how Baron' Trump's COVID prognosis is being politicized. Are you OK with that? (No matter who you are voting for)
Other than the 1 time mentioned the other week I haven't heard or seen anything on it...

Old 10-27-2020, 03:05 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,746,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimazee View Post
I think using dead relatives in political ads is pretty bad.
Is that similar to having dead people vote in elections?

Old 10-27-2020, 03:11 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,034,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post
Good point. I didn't know he was 14. Shows how much I pay attention to the fine details.
he would be 2 in dog years
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies