Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2020, 11:00 PM

1,926 posts, read 557,420 times

Advertisements

I didn't vote for Trump or Biden. I voted Republican vs Democrat as I don't want to be careening down the left's lane.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2020, 11:04 PM

16,578 posts, read 8,596,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
And in the process you are rubber stamping his lack of character and that, as a Trump voter, is a reflection upon you.

His lack of sufficient character should prevent anyone from voting for him. Same with Biden.
We need a leader in this country to help get us back on our feet from this global pandemic, so not voting for either due to "character issues" is not realistic.

Taking politics completely out of it, Trump at least proved his economic policies turned around an anemic growth rate of Obama/Biden (what they called the new normal) for the last 8 years. He will stand up to China who is our and western cultures greatest threat, and be able to do much better than Biden could with our economy.
That alone is reason enough to vote for Trump.

`

Old 10-27-2020, 11:04 PM

39,868 posts, read 26,498,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryoVilla View Post
I voted for the policies...not his personality or what he has done in the past before politics...Presidents come and go..policies can stick for a while.
That's where I'm at. Trump is the first president since at least Reagan that has worked for the working class Americans. He has done a lot to annoy the establishment on both sides. Look at criminal aliens in this country. Democrats want them here to change the demographics of the nation and shift the voting block, and to clean their toilets and mow their yards. Establishment Republicans want criminal aliens here for cheap labor to work in their businesses-and depress the wages of American workers. Trump is the first president to even try to level the playing field with China. The first that's worked to reduce the sacrifice of American lives for those in other nations. We can go on and on.

Now, there are plenty of things I don't like about him. But, he could be the nicest guy in the world, and the MSM would be attacking him anyway-just because he's a Republican. The MSM is now cuddling up to GWB and Mitt-two men they worked to destroy and demonize for years. Same with McCain. The MSM is a bunch of thugs-and they are completely losing their s*** that any Republican would dare stand up to them. That would dare call them out for their lies, for their bias. Frankly, for their corruption. Unlike virtually every other Republican-he actually punches back and hits as hard as they do. Which-has shocked the talking heads that think they can bully, slander and lie about anyone in the nation.

Old 10-27-2020, 11:11 PM

10,529 posts, read 6,162,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Trump is awful. I just voted for him anyways. Here is why.

-The mainstream media will keep Trump more honest than they will Biden. The mainstream media acts as if they are the DNC State Run media. Many media agencies have made a bigger deal of Trump getting two scoops of ice cream than they have of foreign agents bid'in on Biden for influence.

-Biden is awful too.

-Too many democrats downplayed and even denied the reality of Antifa violence.

-Democrats demand conversations and then try to demand silence if you mention pertinent facts.

-Critical race theory and other divisive nonsense.

-Democrats mention failures of Trump with Covid and many are legit, but those same people lose their mind if you point out straight up facts how Whitmer also had dumb failures that killed people. I think a vaccine will be here eventually anyways and I am not a fan of more lockdowns.

-The Fed has blown a bubble for years now. I think neither Trump nor Biden will be able to fix it. So this is a moot point, I'd almost rather have Biden inherit this bubble than Trump try to juggle it for 4 more years.

-Trump has made some attempts at foreign policy like reducing troops, trying to oppose more actions in Syria, and peace deals in the Middle East. Not perfect, but alright.
I stopped reading at the bolded.

Keep Trump more honest than Biden?

Trump wouldn't know honest if he fell over it.
He's a walking lie machine.

Good grief.

Old 10-27-2020, 11:13 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,364,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
Did nothing? What about two big medical ships. If that’s nothing to you then you need to see a doctor.
Ahhh bad example actually. The ships were a idiotic idea that may have sounded good at first. Seriously. I dont want to say bad things about it because I think it was 100% intended to be helpful, but those ships were NOT designed for contagious disease. Theyre more for emergencies of a natural disaster sort, and warfare. So think....cruise ship level issues.

But your point is valid-Trump DID do other things. But it was a shadow of what should have been done. Its like when someone breaks their arm, and you put a bandaid on it.

Do really deal with it? It required some actual bravery. To say that we needed to give him emergency powers to deal with it. Something that would honestly have terrified me, but I posted at the time that I thought he needed to do it. Even today I believe that would have been the right choice then. Even today it might be. Something which horrifies me to say. But Trump wasnt up for the task. Not then, not now.

Old 10-27-2020, 11:13 PM

13,442 posts, read 4,286,577 times
I voted for Trump because the media hates him and the media has been 1 of the top problems in our country since the first Gulf War, they are awful and act like the pr team of the Pentagon. After the Bushes, Clinton, Obama, Biden and Pelosi, I don't find Trump awful at all.

Last edited by SanJuanStar; 10-27-2020 at 11:37 PM..

Old 10-27-2020, 11:16 PM

13,442 posts, read 4,286,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post

Good grief.

LMAO!! and the 47 year politician is honest Abe? Biden just this year said he was arrested with Nelson Mandela in Africa and the media gave him a pass. I guess they are used to his b.s. since 1973.

Old 10-28-2020, 03:53 AM

26,488 posts, read 15,066,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz Azul Guy View Post
As someone who values fiscal responsibility, it surprises me to see that you’ve decided to vote for 4 more years of arguably the most fiscally irresponsible president of our lifetime. At least Biden would raise taxes which would perhaps chip away at the deficit some.
The Democrats want more expenditures.

Neither party is fiscally responsible.

The only way to vote fiscally responsible is to vote libertarian. I chose not to vote 3rd party.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Whitmer isn't my governor so....so? Not really? I dont cover it up, its just not my state, and not my president. I dont have enough time to understand the accusation because of that.

Yup. I just wish you cared more about lives lost....then political hit jobs.

The top 1% have made over 300 billion from the start of the pandemic. Almost 1 trillion since the start of his term. Even if we use the start of the pandemic its a devastating figure. I dont think "start of the pandemic" is a cherry picked value. Do you? How are the rest of us doing?
Democrats are making heroes of people like Whitmer and Cuomo. People who killed blatantly Failed and Killed with their policies.

Most Republicans I know admit that Trump made mistakes with Covid. Most Democrats I know refuse to admit reality that Whitmer, Cuomo, and others made mistakes that killed people.

The top 1% made out like bandits under Obama and Democrats didn't care. This point is all political and divisive. This isn't a genuine point, or Democrats would have been just as outraged as Obama in unqualified terms said he opposed trickle down economics and then did more of it than Reagan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post

Good grief.
If you don't think the mainstream media goes after Trump more than they would Biden - then I am glad I voted the way I did.

Old 10-28-2020, 03:55 AM

34,230 posts, read 18,571,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
LOL. so a page out of the Putin handbook? Stop it. Act like a American and not a Russian.
Russia, Russia, Russia. Never gets old. LOL. Loser.

Old 10-28-2020, 04:48 AM

5,047 posts, read 6,346,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erratikmind
Keeping America Great . . . Pence/Trump 2024
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greywar
LOL. so a page out of the Putin handbook? Stop it. Act like a American and not a Russian.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Russia, Russia, Russia. Never gets old. LOL. Loser.
He calls someone out for advocating for something that is demonstrably unconstitutional?

And you call him a loser? ...interesting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies