Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2020, 12:49 PM

2,361 posts, read 1,751,449 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post

Bet not. He's been stiffing city governments for extra police and security since he started running.

IIRC, he still owes nearly 2 million from 4 years ago.
A little Inside Baseball from a New Yorker who has many friends and clients who are/have been tradespeople and contractors......Trump has been doing this for decades. Agreeing to a price, getting the work done and then renegotiating the price when it was time to pay up. Regardless of things like quality and/or timeliness.

Regular friend of the working man, our Donny.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2020, 12:53 PM

23,968 posts, read 15,063,270 times
Can't remember where I read it in the middle of the night, but all the car traffic leaving was allowed to take all traffic lanes out.

The incoming buses had no way to get through. The buses should have been parked somewhere close, so they could board their passengers and be on their way. At the very least they could have queued up at the exits heading out at closing time.

A logistical failure on the campaign's part.

Old 10-28-2020, 12:57 PM

52,708 posts, read 34,531,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
This IS an interesting thread to read.

Trump supporters are forced to figure out whether to blame the Trump campaign OR blame Trump supporters for a catastrophic event where old people nearly froze to death.
wow. have you ever listened to yourself?

Quote:
Originally Posted by toodie View Post
I was embellishing the way MSM usually does. Of course I didn't expect to see a headline that "Trump Kills Supporters," but that's what they are implying. It's Trump's fault. Everything is Trump's fault. And MSM will hammer this into the ground 24/7 while blackout about Biden using his VP position for influence and to make his family rich continues. Oh, the irony of the left. It's remarkable.
right. I was about to say the exact same thing.
it's happening as we speak.

Old 10-28-2020, 01:01 PM

17,371 posts, read 14,618,966 times
Pretty balanced article from a local newspaper:

https://omaha.com/news/local/govt-an...988e954ee.html

Quote:
“President Trump loves his supporters and was thrilled to visit Omaha last night. Despite the cold, tens of thousands of people showed up for his rally. Because of the sheer size of the crowd, we deployed 40 shuttle buses — double the normal allotment — but local road closures and resulting congestion caused delays. At the guest departure location, we had tents, heaters, generators, hot cocoa, and handwarmers available for guests.”
Quote:
Alex Busskohl, Great Plains regional director for Arrow, said those 40 buses, each of which can hold 54 passengers, began taking people to the site at 10 a.m. and didn't stop operating until everyone had made it back to their vehicles, sometime around 12:30 a.m. Wednesday.

Busskohl said he understood that some people were upset about how long they had to wait for a ride. The area became congested because of traffic and a large amount of people walking along Lindbergh Plaza, a two-lane road that wraps around Eppley and provides access to the part of the airport where the rally was held.
Quote:
"To me, it was more like people just leaving a concert and heading back to their cars," he said. "Anybody that was shocked by what happened at the end of the night wasn't really paying attention."

Old 10-28-2020, 01:02 PM

52,708 posts, read 34,531,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
I trust Democrats have already created a task force to both investigate this catastrophic event, and look into moving Election Day to July, so nobody will ever suffer the indignity of standing out in the cold again.
lmao! +1

Old 10-28-2020, 01:13 PM

3,306 posts, read 1,345,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Are you calling these Trump supporters idiots?
It would appear yes. If not idiots, at least selfish and negligent. They put law enforcement and healthcare workers at additional risk for a vanity event during a pandemic.

Old 10-28-2020, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Will Trump campaign reimburse for the additional expense involved in the 30 metro buses and the additional police protection?
No, they are broke. They can’t even cover the cost of some of the ad spots they’ve reserved long ago.

Old 10-28-2020, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
Speaking as a former Nebraska resident, the entire story (and the coverage by obviously left-leaning web sites) sounds suspicious.

Self-reliance is a central feature of those who live west of the Missouri, and I find it very hard to believe that hundreds of local people would rely on "organizers"(?) for an event such as this.

"Iowa Starting line" has a long record of leftist bias:

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/iowa-starting-line/

The police broadcasts were probably hand picked by a twitter user of questionable honesty; and Newsweek?? - forget about it!
If self-reliance were truly a value, those supporters would not have resorted to police rescue and going to the hospital just so they can attend a vanity event.

Old 10-28-2020, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FC76-81 View Post
I lived in Iowa and Nebraska for a fair amount of my life. I spent plenty of winters in both states. When we were kids, 40 degree weather meant we wore t-shirts while playing out in the yard on a trampoline, swings, go-carts, target practicing, etc. These people are used to the cold. I know I was during the years I lived there.
In Cali, I drive my car with the windows down in the winter time if its not raining out, and I don't even own a jacket.
Evidently, they are so used to the cold the police had to be called for rescue and some had to be treated by healthcare workers for exposure.

Old 10-28-2020, 01:44 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,595,629 times
Shaking my head at Trump supporters up in here whining about the Biden supporters talking about this. You idiots know damn well if this happened under Biden, Obama or any Democrat, you would be saying the same things. So gthoh with that bs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
I call on ALL Americans to honor these unfortunate people by voting for the man they came to see..lets make their sacrifice worth it!
You're such a joker. No tip for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
It’s funny and typical but they’ll still vote for him. If he punched them in the face, they’d still vote for him.
I don't know about that but if he spat on them and gave them covid, they'd still vote for him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies