Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2020, 08:03 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,504,883 times

Advertisements

I trust Democrats have already created a task force to both investigate this catastrophic event, and look into moving Election Day to July, so nobody will ever suffer the indignity of standing out in the cold again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2020, 08:03 AM

2,941 posts, read 1,784,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Getting on a bus to go to a rally in the middle of a pandemic, these people are nuts.
This is the perfect example of why Trump needs to go and where the root of all my hate for him and his followers start. "Just don't be stupid you moron" is something a friend used to say... yet for some reason people sit here and ignore the truth about the virus.. can't even articulate how stupid this is.

Old 10-28-2020, 08:06 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 5 days ago)

35,620 posts, read 17,953,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
A “catastrophic” event?

Please share with us the death toll, Clara. How many people lost fingers and toes? How many in intensive care this morning? The children! How many children perished in this catastrophic event?
"Catastrophic" doesn't require a death toll, and I'd bet you knew that.

Read through what the cops were saying. God. Suddenly, they had THOUSANDS of people stranded in the sub freezing weather, for hours. Hours after they had planned to leave.

Thank god for quick thinking emergency responders to scramble up 30 busses - that's a feat - to drive through the "jam packed roads" that the event busses, mysteriously, couldn't navigate.

I have no idea how many are needing intensive care.

If this were some music venue, would you be so aggressively saying this isn't a problem, nothing to see here?

Old 10-28-2020, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
"Catastrophic" doesn't require a death toll, and I'd bet you knew that.

Read through what the cops were saying. God. Suddenly, they had THOUSANDS of people stranded in the sub freezing weather, for hours. Hours after they had planned to be there.

Thank god for quick thinking emergency responders to scramble up 30 busses - that's a feat - to drive through the "jam packed roads" that the event busses, mysteriously, couldn't navigate.

I have no idea how many are needing intensive care.

If this were some music venue, would you be so aggressively saying this isn't a problem, nothing to see here?
I trust that you are writing a very sternly worded letter today to Mother Nature about her unacceptable application of cold temperatures in late October. You should definitely cc Trump on it, too.

Old 10-28-2020, 08:08 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 5 days ago)

35,620 posts, read 17,953,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
I trust Democrats have already created a task force to both investigate this catastrophic event, and look into moving Election Day to July, so nobody will ever suffer the indignity of standing out in the cold again.
No, the left is not the ones who have tried to figure every angle to delay the election.

It's happenin'. Nov. 3.

Old 10-28-2020, 08:10 AM

Quote:
No, the left is not the ones who have tried to figure every angle to delay the election.

It's happenin'. Nov. 3.
I sure hope it’s not cold on Nov 3. I can’t imagine the level of your outrage should it be cold on Election Day.

Old 10-28-2020, 08:12 AM

30,145 posts, read 11,783,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
It does show how this administration doesn't completely vet ideas, events, etc. I don't suggest Trump should be doing this but it shows that he doesn't put value on being thorough, thoughtful and is all about the big picture.......

I am sure a lot of planning was put into the optics of the event. A full house and something that looks good if you are watching it from afar.

Old 10-28-2020, 08:13 AM

6,100 posts, read 2,722,498 times
Trump rallies are a health hazard.

Old 10-28-2020, 08:14 AM

Quote:
I'm just praying the group that was frozen stiff and "could not move" still have all their extremities. That's awful.

As long as less than 1% die from something its no big deal.

Old 10-28-2020, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
I think he even tweeted about it later, laughing as they froze. He planned it all out.

He has said it before he could shoot someone in times square and not losing a single vote. Now he can say I strand my supporters in freezing weather and give them hypothermia and not lose a single vote.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies