Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which state will likely vote for Biden?
Michigan 23 35.38%
Ohio 1 1.54%
Pennsylvania 5 7.69%
All of them 10 15.38%
None of them 26 40.00%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2020, 07:48 AM

4,861 posts, read 9,304,433 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
Michigan is the most likely of these to flip back.

That’s why the Trump campaign stopped seriously contesting Michigan weeks ago.
This is false. The President is putting much effort into Michigan, he was just here yesterday. Biden is the one who walked away, same as Hillary in 2016. False pride and assumptions are dangerous things.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2020, 07:49 AM

2,227 posts, read 1,401,332 times
[quote=Swingblade;59519681]
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
Michigan is the most likely of these to flip back.

That’s why the Trump campaign stopped seriously contesting Michigan weeks ago.[/QUOyTE]

Of all the states Trump won I was stunned he won Michigan in 16 that was a big upset. I do not think he repeats that miracle again. Trump did have a rally in Michigan recently in Lansing I caught on CSPAN and had a good crowd as usual.
It’s sort of pointless for him to do a rally at Lansing. That place is a college city which votes blue all the time. He would have been better off campaigning at Muskegon or Kalamazoo.

Old 10-28-2020, 07:53 AM

4,861 posts, read 9,304,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenI69 View Post
Michigan for sure. College students, Blacks, and UAW voters will certainly swing the state back to the blue end.
Um, those people were all here in 2016.

The union heads are still die hard Dems, not so much the workers. I see "Teamsters for Trump" signs and even saw a small parade of people with their pick up trucks all decked out for Trump with "Auto Workers for Trump" signs in a suburb of Detroit not long ago. My county flipped from years of going Blue to 58% Trump, 36% Clinton in 2016. What does Joe have, exactly, that would turn that around?

Old 10-28-2020, 07:55 AM

14,834 posts, read 7,407,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canudigit View Post
What does Joe have, exactly, that would turn that around?
Civility, humanity, decency, empathy, and competence.

Old 10-28-2020, 07:56 AM

2,227 posts, read 1,401,332 times
Quote:
Um, those people were all here in 2016.

The union heads are still die hard Dems, not so much the workers. I see "Teamsters for Trump" signs and even saw a small parade of people with their pick up trucks all decked out for Trump with "Auto Workers for Trump" signs in a suburb of Detroit not long ago. My county flipped from years of going Blue to 58% Trump, 36% Clinton in 2016. What does Joe have, exactly, that would turn that around?
Joe talks more about made in America and electric car technology revolution which would have a very positive impact on Michigan and guarantee better job security. Hillary never even touched upon those topics. That makes a big difference.
I work on the Ford Electrification team, and the Electric F150 will be built in Michigan at a state of the art facility. This is the kind of stuff that’s going to help revive our economy.

Old 10-28-2020, 07:56 AM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Only PA.

MI is pretty much tied in the polls, and there are many people who are ashamed to admit they will vote for Trump, but will do so anyway.

Trump is leading in FL and OH, which is very bad news for Biden, because there is no winning without them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenI69 View Post
It’s sort of pointless for him to do a rally at Lansing. That place is a college city which votes blue all the time. He would have been better off campaigning at Muskegon or Kalamazoo.
Why waste time on base pandering, when they are already in the bag? It makes sense to campaign in places where you can pick up additional votes, and that's blue areas in purple States. Miami, for example.

Old 10-28-2020, 07:57 AM

1,066 posts, read 629,021 times
Ohio has zero chance imo
in the ghetto / poor areas I see biden signs, but everywhere else I see trump signs.

Old 10-28-2020, 07:59 AM

14,834 posts, read 7,407,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
MI is pretty much tied in the polls
Nope, Biden leads by 8.7 in the RCP average.

Now, if you want to argue that the polls are wrong because of a hidden Trump vote or whatever, you can make that argument, but it’s just factually incorrect to say the polls are tied.

Old 10-28-2020, 08:02 AM

5,276 posts, read 6,207,341 times
Quote:
This is false. The President is putting much effort into Michigan, he was just here yesterday. Biden is the one who walked away, same as Hillary in 2016. False pride and assumptions are dangerous things.
Biden has been in the state within the past few weeks and has maintained more ad spending than Hillary. It has been his strongest state among all the swing states so I imagine his team is prioritizing at this point.

I think Ohio only goes Biden if he has a big win but I had to go 'all' since Pa is definitely leaning Dem at this point. I think Wisconsin is the state that should be grouped with Michigan and Pa- its not as solid for Biden but infinitely more reachable than Ohio.

Old 10-28-2020, 08:02 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,368,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
PA likely
MI maybe but Im thinking Trump by .01 and a big big BIG legal fight.
OH is a stretch. Really a light red state. Not saying Dems should not try. OH is not Wyoming.
I agree with this, but I think MI is stronger to Biden than otto evidently does. We'll find out in about a week.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies