Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2020, 12:44 PM

6,107 posts, read 4,601,028 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lieqiang View Post
Yes I've noticed most medical professionals die of suffocation after just a few minutes on the job.

It's really a sad ending, all those years of medical school and hard work just to put on a mask for a surgery and drop down dead due to nobody remembering we need gas exchange from airways. I keep meaning to put it in the suggestion box of my local hospital as I clamber over corpses of deceased doctors.
I don't know if the anti-maskers are fallout resulting from a poor education, a poor upbringing, systemic psychological disorders, a cry for attention, a distrust of all authority or a vulnerability in trusting advice that should shouldn't be trusted, or a combination of these issues and maybe more. It's confounding as to what is motivating that type of behavior and thinking process.

Last edited by Jowel; 11-02-2020 at 01:06 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2020, 09:22 PM

2,887 posts, read 2,633,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhmini View Post
I actually walked into my local small organic co-op the other day, had my shopping bag and my mask in hand and simply spaced out putting the mask on. Made it all the way through my shopping and stepped up to the checkout before looking down at the mask in my hand and realizing what I'd done.

And ya know what? NOBODY SAID A WORD. The control is beginning to shatter and fall away.
Same thing happened to me at a post office. After I got outside and went to take it off realized I had never put it on.

Old 11-02-2020, 10:07 PM

8,204 posts, read 3,477,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
I have run into the arrow police a few times...telling me I am going the wrong way.
The removed the arrows from some of the stores because so many weren't getting it right anyway. One store has an announcement ever so often though where they remind people.

Old 11-02-2020, 10:09 PM

8,204 posts, read 3,477,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
The Super Walmart where I live did away with those one way aisles months ago. Not only customers were ignoring them, but employees as well. One time a stock clerk with a big cart was blocking the correct direction exit of the aisle. Stand there until he finished stocking the shelves? He looked at me and said go in the other direction.

Walmart has now taken away the 6 ft. stickers on the check out lines. When there are only 3 out of 8 registers open, those 6 ft. distances went down the aisles and blocking other customers from moving around. Maybe the Fire Department got after them for that? Guess Walmart didn't want to hire and pay more cashiers for social distancing? Even the 4 self checkout lines were blocking aisles. The only thing now is checking masks on entering the store. You will be handed a mask if you don't have one.
Yes, the Walmart here is all mask police and ignores everything else.

Old 11-03-2020, 07:41 AM

30,246 posts, read 23,716,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senior7 View Post
People go places without a mask on only because there looking for trouble , they expect to be stopped , I guess it’s boredom that makes them do it .
Wrong.

There's a grocery store just down the road from me, and I go in there all the time without a mask on. No one says a thing to me. Not one worker in that store, not even the checkers, have ever said word one to me about it.

I don't make a big deal about it, they don't make a big deal about it, I stay my 6' away from people, and that's it.

No one cares!

The gas station I go to, I was told by a worker behind the counter that they were told that they are not allowed to enforce it. So, guess what? i don't wear one. Guess what? NO ONE CARES!

Old 11-03-2020, 08:32 AM

20,613 posts, read 4,406,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I wear a mask in stores, but I don't always follow the arrows they put on the floors.
I have no problems wearing a mask.

But those arrows in the stores are a joke. I understand the reason behind them, but they are going the wrong directions in many stores.

A typical shopper would do shopping in a way like this:
Produce, Grocery, Fresh Seafood, Meats, Deli, Dairy, Frozen

As shown with the blue line in the attached pic. But the store has the (green) arrows pointing the wrong directions. Instead of a nice easy flow in the store, you have many shoppers getting bunched up. On top of that the stores are only using one set of doors. This causes even more
bunching up of customers. "Social Distancing" would be easier if they had both doors open. One for entry the other for exiting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
I have run into the arrow police a few times...telling me I am going the wrong way.
Usually the stores announce it over their PA systems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo View Post
They removed the arrows from some of the stores because so many weren't getting it right anyway. One store has an announcement ever so often though where they remind people.
One of my local Wallyworlds did that. Most people shopping their are in a trance anyway to even notice
the arrows.

Old 11-03-2020, 08:42 AM

25,436 posts, read 9,791,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Wrong.

There's a grocery store just down the road from me, and I go in there all the time without a mask on. No one says a thing to me. Not one worker in that store, not even the checkers, have ever said word one to me about it.

I don't make a big deal about it, they don't make a big deal about it, I stay my 6' away from people, and that's it.

No one cares!

The gas station I go to, I was told by a worker behind the counter that they were told that they are not allowed to enforce it. So, guess what? i don't wear one. Guess what? NO ONE CARES!
Yeah, people really do care. But, you're right, no one can enforce it. Guess we all will have to live with more cases, more hospitalizations and deaths. That's how we roll in this country.

Old 11-03-2020, 10:56 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,575,737 times
Quote:
Wrong.

No one cares!

It basically depends on the cashier or manager on duty at the time...they can enforce the mask requirements, Ive been to some stores in my district where they are very strict about it and others, where they will saying nothing about it...It just depends.

Apparently the company has left it up to the employees for the most part, they are permitted to refuse service for non compliance though.

Old 11-03-2020, 12:10 PM

30,246 posts, read 23,716,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Yeah, people really do care. But, you're right, no one can enforce it. Guess we all will have to live with more cases, more hospitalizations and deaths. That's how we roll in this country.
Oh please. I'm doing more than the mask nazies are. I keep my distance. They don't keep their distance. That stupid mask does not negate the need to keep your distance. Yet, they all crowd into each other, everywhere you go.

Guess we'll have to live with more cases and more hospitalizations and deaths of grandma because the mask wearers can't follow the simple fricken rule of "stay the hell out of other people's space".

The governor said, "encourage to wear a mask if you are unable to keep 6 feet away from other people". I'm keeping 6 feet away from other people. I will bet you that you aren't.

Not one of the maskies has any moral high ground here, so save it.

Old 11-03-2020, 12:12 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 1 day ago)

35,579 posts, read 17,923,325 times
Quote:
Wrong.

No one cares!

The fact that no one confronts you, three wolves, doesn't mean they don't care.

They wouldn't be suffering the annoyance of wearing a mask themselves, if they "didn't care".

They care. It's just no one wants to get any closer to you than absolutely necessary, and they're too socially graceful to tell you you've being selfish.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies