Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2020, 03:00 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,584,601 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
Cancer is harmless for 96% of people. Might as well skip that colonoscopy.
Horrible analogy, but that's your thing. LIES. What is the mortality rate for various cancers? What is the mortality rate for Covid with those whom are not already old, sick and dying anyway? You lose, again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2020, 03:05 AM

1,069 posts, read 1,254,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Horrible analogy, but that's your thing. LIES. What is the mortality rate for various cancers? What is the mortality rate for Covid with those whom are not already old, sick and dying anyway? You lose, again.
Yeah, people have a mortality rate of 100%. Why bother with healthcare? No point!

Old 10-29-2020, 03:12 AM

1,049 posts, read 654,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATB108 View Post
if you're not over 70 and you don't have multiple underlying health conditions, you're never going to die from covid - the odds are about the same odds as winning the lottery. Sure it's possible but it's incredibly unlikely

Why can't we admit this and allow the people who are healthy to live normal lives? Why are night clubs banned? Is there 80 year olds going to night clubs? Why is the entire population forced to suffer to protect 5% of people who can just self isolate?
I don't remember the last time 511 Tennesseans who are 60 years or younger played the lottery and won the big prize especially over the course of only 6-7 months.

Old 10-29-2020, 03:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vfrex View Post
Yeah, people have a mortality rate of 100%. Why bother with healthcare? No point!

Arguing in ABSURD extremes proves you have nothing. You are sad.

Look up Reductio Ad Absurdum. Educate yourself, then get back to me.

It is about actual RISK versus resources and societal destruction.

Old 10-29-2020, 03:14 AM

Quote:
Arguing in ABSURD extremes proves you have nothing. You are sad.

Look up Reductio Ad Absurdum. Educate yourself, then get back to me.
My mistake, you only want the old and the sick to die. That's better!

Old 10-29-2020, 03:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vfrex View Post
My mistake, you only want the old and the sick to die. That's better!
Risk versus resources. You don't care if people die on the roads in car accidents all the time I guess. Moronic.

Old 10-29-2020, 03:52 AM

Quote:
Risk versus resources. You don't care if people die on the roads in car accidents all the time I guess. Moronic.

I do care if people die in car accidents. Nice ad hominem though.

Old 10-29-2020, 05:02 AM

59,053 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genz View Post
And even then there is a high risk of Health defects.

considering Trump is trying to do away with pre-existing conditions, even going to court over it, many people will be thrown off their insurance because of that.
"considering Trump is trying to do away with pre-existing conditions" PROVE it.

The repubs voted FOR it from the 1st draft of OCare to every time a vote came up.

August 10, 2020
"Trump: order on pre-existing conditions a "double safety net' despite Obamacare law"

"WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Donald Trump said on Monday an executive order requiring health insurance companies to cover patients with pre-existing conditions would emphasize Republican support for the practice even though it is already part of existing law.'

"Asked on Monday why he needed an executive order to mandate something that is already legally required, Trump said it would provide “a double safety net” and would “let people know that the Republicans are totally, strongly in favor of ... taking care of people with pre-existing conditions.”

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKCN25704T

Your turn.

Old 10-29-2020, 05:10 AM

59,053 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 80sportsfan View Post
No way!!!!! There are long term impacts of COVID, and many people will end up with breathing problems. From what I've heard (from the 2 people I know who got it), it wasn't "harmless." And they were both relatively "young" (early 40s). Both of them said they were had no energy and breathing problems (in addition to normal flu like symptoms) that lasted for about 1 month. I wouldn't consider that "harmless!!!!!!"
" There are long term impacts of COVID,","From what I've heard" ," that lasted for about 1 month". "2 people".

I know 2 people who had ZERO after effects.

Some people with the flu experience the same.

Trump got it and he just did 3 rallies in 1 day and then had the SC judge sworn in. NO after affects.

2 people is NOT enough to make blanket claims.

Old 10-29-2020, 05:12 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,729,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
because that 5% cant actually self isolate like you claim? Or do you want some island we toss everyone onto once they turn 80?

Because its not just death, its surviving with long term damage?

Because we dont know for sure how many times you can get it?

Because every infection is a opportunity for it to mutate?

Because if we overwhelm our hospitals its probably not going to be quite as survivable for a lot of folks?

I dunno. Things like that.
Too many people in the world anyhow.........................
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies