Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2020, 03:04 AM

67 posts, read 40,488 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
This. It has been totally politicized to install the Marxism Man Made Climate Change could not.

and anybody who believes the numbers from the government is a moron. There is likely 4-10x more cases than the media is saying. How many people who have mild symptoms or no symptoms are going to get tested? we've had multiple people at my job who think they had it in the last 8 months who didn't get tested. Shockingly, none of them had difficult symptoms. 1 guy had it somewhat bad but he's in horrible shape and 65 years old. The healthy people in decent shape had no problems.

When this nonsense blows over, the real death rate will be 0.01%...just like the flu, which is what us republicans have said the whole time. The whole point of the united state is freedom of choice. If you're that unhealthy to where a flu can kill you, stay the **** home. Asking everybody to abide by draconian measures is asinine

and I love how the government will enforce masks but says nothing about the huge obesity problem in the US. Get rid of the obesity problem and there will be way less deaths from covid than masks will fix. The odds are like 30-40% worse you will die from covid if you're obese yet this is not politically sexy so they will say nothing. If everybody in US worked out and was in good shape and ate healthy, covid deaths would drop by a huge percentage. The government will say nothing about this but then force me to wear a ******* mask when I go to the gym to take care of myself
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2020, 03:10 AM

67 posts, read 40,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
“Never?”
No one can state this with certainty.

As for the rest, when going to a night club is somehow this much of a priority, well...

this is United States of America. I'm an extremely healthy 31 year old male in great shape. I should be able to enjoy my life however I want. Life is short

this year is basically ruined - I can't do anything I want to do with my other friends who are in great shape. I work in sales so I have to wear a mask all day at work, which is beyond miserable.

Old 10-31-2020, 03:12 AM

1,069 posts, read 1,254,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATB108 View Post
and anybody who believes the numbers from the government is a moron. There is likely 4-10x more cases than the media is saying. How many people who have mild symptoms or no symptoms are going to get tested? we've had multiple people at my job who think they had it in the last 8 months who didn't get tested. Shockingly, none of them had difficult symptoms. 1 guy had it somewhat bad but he's in horrible shape and 65 years old. The healthy people in decent shape had no problems.

When this nonsense blows over, the real death rate will be 0.01%...just like the flu, which is what us republicans have said the whole time. The whole point of the united state is freedom of choice. If you're that unhealthy to where a flu can kill you, stay the **** home. Asking everybody to abide by draconian measures is asinine

and I love how the government will enforce masks but says nothing about the huge obesity problem in the US. Get rid of the obesity problem and there will be way less deaths from covid than masks will fix. The odds are like 30-40% worse you will die from covid if you're obese yet this is not politically sexy so they will say nothing. If everybody in US worked out and was in good shape and ate healthy, covid deaths would drop by about 80%. The government will say nothing about this but then force me to wear a ******* mask when I go to the gym to take care of myself
Bloomberg tried to ban large sodas as mayor of NYC to fight obesity and the Republicans you know and admire knock him for his "authoritarian tendencies". Also I know two 30-40 range people in good health that visited the ER with COVID.

Old 10-31-2020, 03:59 AM

7,420 posts, read 2,709,679 times
So why can't we all just admit that covid is harmless for 95% of people?

^^^ ^^^

Every day there is more data to prove the dangers of the coronavirus. Yet, bizarrely, the more proof we have of the damage of the pandemic, the more vicious and hysterical its deniers. It is hard not to be overwhelmed by the sheer volume of uninformed, deluded ideas of covidiocy that the covidiots spew on a daily basis.

So, why can't we all just admit that covidiots have made the USA the laughingstock of the developed world?

So, why can't we all just admit that covidiocy is almost as damaging and depressing as the destructive and dangerous spread of the virus itself?

So, why can't we all just admit that the more proof we have of the damage of the pandemic, the more vicious and hysterical its covidiots become?

So, why can't we all just admit that covidiots and covidiocy are trying to move America from freedom to freedumb?

So, why can't we all just admit that covidiots have plagued our country for decades and there will never be a vaccine for covidiocy, because it promises to linger well after the SARS-CoV-2 virus has been contained, wreaking havoc on our society, taking up resources and frustrating progress?

So, why can't we all just admit that we in America are mourning not just the lives lost and the bodies damaged, but the collective intelligence of our nation, thanks to covidiots and covidiocy?

Old 10-31-2020, 04:42 AM

14,798 posts, read 17,685,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangman66 View Post
Much like the homeless population that doesn't practice hygiene, social distancing or mask wearing. They do everything wrong and should be completely wiped out by this point, but they aren't, lol. So sick of the fear mongering.
And BLM protestor/rioters

Old 10-31-2020, 04:44 AM

14,798 posts, read 17,685,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vfrex View Post
Bloomberg tried to ban large sodas as mayor of NYC to fight obesity and the Republicans you know and admire knock him for his "authoritarian tendencies". Also I know two 30-40 range people in good health that visited the ER with COVID.
I know of not a single person that visited the ER with covid and I live in the 3rd largest city in the US.

Old 10-31-2020, 05:23 AM

7,420 posts, read 2,709,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlajos View Post
I know of not a single person that visited the ER with covid and I live in the 3rd largest city in the US.
So what does that have to do with the price of rice?

Old 10-31-2020, 05:30 AM

5,067 posts, read 1,666,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
because that 5% cant actually self isolate like you claim? Or do you want some island we toss everyone onto once they turn 80?

Only one that has said this is you.
I almost watch to catch covid so my body will build natural immunity like it should since it is unlikely I will be taking a vaccine that is possibly including a digital certificate.

Old 10-31-2020, 05:35 AM

6,933 posts, read 2,390,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
So why can't we all just admit that covid is harmless for 95% of people?

^^^ ^^^

Every day there is more data to prove the dangers of the coronavirus. Yet, bizarrely, the more proof we have of the damage of the pandemic, the more vicious and hysterical its deniers. It is hard not to be overwhelmed by the sheer volume of uninformed, deluded ideas of covidiocy that the covidiots spew on a daily basis.

So, why can't we all just admit that covidiots have made the USA the laughingstock of the developed world?

So, why can't we all just admit that covidiocy is almost as damaging and depressing as the destructive and dangerous spread of the virus itself?

So, why can't we all just admit that the more proof we have of the damage of the pandemic, the more vicious and hysterical its covidiots become?

So, why can't we all just admit that covidiots and covidiocy are trying to move America from freedom to freedumb?

So, why can't we all just admit that covidiots have plagued our country for decades and there will never be a vaccine for covidiocy, because it promises to linger well after the SARS-CoV-2 virus has been contained, wreaking havoc on our society, taking up resources and frustrating progress?

So, why can't we all just admit that we in America are mourning not just the lives lost and the bodies damaged, but the collective intelligence of our nation, thanks to covidiots and covidiocy?
You've just admitted that you HATE the United States, and quite possibly yourself. Good show.

Old 10-31-2020, 09:07 AM

4,022 posts, read 1,877,686 times
I know of not a single person...

In the past 8 months, I don't know anyone in the hospital for cancer or heart disease, either, not a single person - but I'm pretty sure those things still exist.

200K dead people - means something like 20-30 million infections - and only a small percent of those are ER/Hospital, something less than 2%...0.2% of the population maybe? 600K people? One in 500 people, nationwide, MAYBE have been the hospital for COVID? Do you KNOW 500 people? And if I know TWO in the hospital, then you'll have to know 1000 people to know someone. Ya see how uncommon it is? To say "you don't know anyone..." means nothing.

MOST PEOPLE do not know anyone. Many of you have an exaggerated opinion Hollywood-style of what a serious problem looks like. It's not bodies on every corner. No. While that, too, would be a serious problem, it becomes serious enough waaaaaaaaay before that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies