Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2020, 07:07 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Biden would have to declare a national emergency and be the dictator that y'all have been accusing Trump of being
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Ouch, Trump is a dictator according to Fat Bob's definition

As for Biden, he has repeatedly said he would not shut down the country, so this whole discussion is revolving around a lie which Trump-Russia campaign keeps promoting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2020, 07:16 AM

25,728 posts, read 12,800,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
The MI Supreme Court said the EOs could not apply for that long. They DIDN'T say she didn't have the power to do it at all.
If the courts won't stop Whitmer, these thugs will...

https://www.mlive.com/news/2020/06/t...-michigan.html

She's looking over her shoulder now that those nutcases were busted who were going to kidnap her.

Old 10-29-2020, 07:22 AM

12,969 posts, read 9,651,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
You can basically kiss your job and livelihood good bye. Though I guess it really doesn’t matter to you Biden supporters since most of you are probable on the government dole (welfare checks). But us working stiffs and business owners we’re going to get screwed royally....
I'm sure tons of poor Trump supporters are on welfare as well, lots of poor white folks out there. This virus have put a lot people out of work, and it doesn't care who you support. You have no clue what Biden is going to do should he win, but what is being done now sure isn't working.

Old 10-29-2020, 07:23 AM

4,023 posts, read 1,441,878 times
Quote:
Define "strict national lockdown".

Then please point to the laws that allow for it.
Democrats don't follow laws. When will you realize this? Whitmer in Michigan is a fine example.

Old 10-29-2020, 07:24 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,698,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Thank you for your empathy about my mother.

The question is: CAN governors do this? Can a single man or woman suspend constitutional rights for millions of people, restricting their movements and activities to whatever extent he/she wants? Let the SCOTUS decide.
Flights were suspended for three days after 9/11.

So, yes.

Old 10-29-2020, 07:24 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,751,778 times
Democrats enjoy watching the world crumble before their eyes...

Old 10-29-2020, 07:26 AM

24,621 posts, read 9,449,501 times
Quote:
Define "strict national lockdown".

Then please point to the laws that allow for it.
It’s called martial law, you probably never heard of it but you will if Biden wins.

Old 10-29-2020, 07:30 AM

2,227 posts, read 1,402,894 times
As long as the infrastructure exists to have food delivered to me when I want, I’m ok.
Even though I like traveling, I’m not open to putting myself and others at risk by doing so. Thankfully, I’m a programmer and can work from home for the rest of my life.

Old 10-29-2020, 07:31 AM

10,064 posts, read 14,434,667 times
I don't think they care at the end of the day--for now.

All most Democrats and the left see are "orange man bad" and "racist" and "he's tweeting again!"

Their "normal" President they all crave, is a return to the swampy government bureaucracy and anything but "normal."

We'll have mask wearing mandated until late spring, most likely, with a Biden win. There will be more lock downs and more micro managed behavior mandates--look to California's Thanksgiving rules.

Freedom is slowly slipping away and Democrats and the left are pretty blinded to it.

Old 10-29-2020, 07:31 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,725,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post

*If I have to tell my elderly mother that she needs to remain inside her apartment (it’s already been 8 months) and we cannot see each other AGAIN, that will be the end of her. She’s already declined tremendously.
There is no question, visitors and employees were bringing Covid into assisted living / Skilled nursing homes. This was not limited to the US. Sweden learned a tough lesson when they initially let it rip. Then it banned in person visiting and families observed via FaceTime, the employees had no PPE and the infection spread and killed.

It seems to me there is a lot of misplaced anger as it relates to protecting those in assisted living/ skilled nursing centers. What was/ is the alternative? Can’t imagine most people want to be the adult child who infected their elderly parent.

Some people made decisions to remove their elderly parent from assisted living/ skilled nursing home and bring their parent into their own home. That is not desirable or practical for all families.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies