Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2020, 07:33 AM

12,956 posts, read 9,604,182 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
Biden wants to finish destroying our country.
So, you admitting Trump have already started destroying this country, with his very poor handling of the pandemic. Your honesty accidentally slipped out on that one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2020, 07:35 AM

18,415 posts, read 7,048,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
A strict national lockdown would not be constitutional. It can only be done on a state by state basis.

Which is why all the political whining by Biden and the Left about Trump not having a "national plan" is all just so much partisan pablum.

State and local officials are responsible for their own policies.

The same policies that makes sense in LA doesn't make any sense in in rural Idaho.

Old 10-29-2020, 07:35 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,475,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenI69 View Post
As long as the infrastructure exists to have food delivered to me when I want, I’m ok.
Even though I like traveling, I’m not open to putting myself and others at risk by doing so. Thankfully, I’m a programmer and can work from home for the rest of my life.
The infrastructure to deliver food does not exist - not to 300 million people, it doesn’t. Believe me, during the worst of it, in April, there were no available time slots, and I tried every delivery service I could think of. They were booked a month out.

As far as your being able to work from home for the rest of your life, good for you. My friend’s sister is an overpaid government worker and also can work from home for life, and she of course if all for an indefinite lockdown. But the majority of people have to leave the house to earn a living.

Old 10-29-2020, 07:36 AM

13,711 posts, read 9,206,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
You can basically kiss your job and livelihood good bye. Though I guess it really doesn’t matter to you Biden supporters since most of you are probable on the government dole (welfare checks). But us working stiffs and business owners we’re going to get screwed royally....

Trumpeters in May:

"You can't blame Trump for handling the pandemic poorly. He has no authority to lock down the country. The authority lies with each individual state!"

Trumpeters in October:

"If Biden is president he will lock down the country!"

Old 10-29-2020, 07:44 AM

12,722 posts, read 7,533,782 times
Quote:
You can basically kiss your job and livelihood good bye. (
Well hey it's Thursday and we have an early edition of THE DAILY FEAR MONGERING, today's spreader of irrational fear is forum veteran TheGoodTheBadTheUgly.

Our latest 6 day forecast for fear mongering:

Today = Elect Biden and nationwide lockdown will take your job and livelihood
Friday = Elect Biden and police will be defunded leading to massive crime waves
Saturday = Elect Biden and he will immediately hand over power to radical communist Kamala
Sunday = Elect Biden and your personal income taxes will triple while stock market collapses wiping out your savings
Monday = Elect Biden and we will have a civil war in USA when he decides to take our guns
Tuesday = Elect Biden and you better start learning Spanish since they'll all be let in to take your jobs

Stay tuned.

Old 10-29-2020, 07:46 AM

2,227 posts, read 1,390,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
The infrastructure to deliver food does not exist - not to 300 million people, it doesn’t. Believe me, during the worst of it, in April, there were no available time slots, and I tried every delivery service I could think of. They were booked a month out.

As far as your being able to work from home for the rest of your life, good for you. My friend’s sister is an overpaid government worker and also can work from home for life, and she of course if all for an indefinite lockdown. But the majority of people have to leave the house to earn a living.
If equally developed democratic countries like Canada, South Korea, and Japan could manage the virus without killing millions in hunger, then so can we. Not all states need to have lockdown at the same time, and it could be more regional.
I have a feeling that we screwed this up big time, and got thoroughly played by China. The Chinese may be evil, but they are extremely smart and can easily use their brains to crush brawn. They see any holes and exploit it thoroughly. They have been experts at this for thousands of years.

Old 10-29-2020, 07:47 AM

5,820 posts, read 3,849,372 times
Quote:
You can basically kiss your job and livelihood good bye. Though I guess it really doesn’t matter to you Biden supporters since most of you are probable on the government dole (welfare checks). But us working stiffs and business owners we’re going to get screwed royally....
Most Biden voters (except those lootin' and burnin') WANT a nationwide lockdown, because "muh safety". At the same time, they don't care about quality of life, and don't understand that this isn't "Lion King": the simple bare necessities won't cut it.

Old 10-29-2020, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
There is no question, visitors and employees were bringing Covid into assisted living / Skilled nursing homes. This was not limited to the US. Sweden learned a tough lesson when they initially let it rip. Then it banned in person visiting and families observed via FaceTime, the employees had no PPE and the infection spread and killed.

It seems to me there is a lot of misplaced anger as it relates to protecting those in assisted living/ skilled nursing centers. What was/ is the alternative? Can’t imagine most people want to be the adult child who infected their elderly parent.

Some people made decisions to remove their elderly parent from assisted living/ skilled nursing home and bring their parent into their own home. That is not desirable or practical for all families.
The alternative is that we could have visited, outside, 6 feet apart, wearing masks. We were finally allowed to do that after four months of total isolation. If Biden moves us back to no visits whatsoever, more elderly will die from the consequences of isolation than from COVID.

Old 10-29-2020, 07:51 AM

5,820 posts, read 3,849,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Trumpeters in May:

"You can't blame Trump for handling the pandemic poorly. He has no authority to lock down the country. The authority lies with each individual state!"

Trumpeters in October:

"If Biden is president he will lock down the country!"
Trump CHOSE not to lock down the country, out of respect for the 10th Amendment (states' rights). Biden will do anything to fulfill his liberal agenda, all on the backs of taxpayers.

Old 10-29-2020, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
So, you admitting Trump have already started destroying this country, with his very poor handling of the pandemic. Your honesty accidentally slipped out on that one.
No, he’s admitting that the Democrats have already allowed it to start by enabling anti-American groups like BLM to wreak havoc in their cities - with radicals like Harris supporting bail funds to oppose police efforts to maintain order and instead let the lowlifes back onto the streets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies