Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2020, 05:20 PM

7,343 posts, read 4,370,223 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
That's because America does NOT want to turn this into Mexico, with 11 MILLION illegal immigrants with their hands out for free stuff.

Trump voters LOVE America!

Biden voters are Anti-American and should be ashamed of themselves for voting for HIM and Kamala! What a DISASTER!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's closer to 25 million illegals than 11 million.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2020, 05:21 PM

7,343 posts, read 4,370,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
The Democratic Party is the oldest political party in the country.

It has lead our great land through many crises, the party has stood the test of time. It can trace it's roots through Andrew Jackson to Thomas Jefferson.

I AM proud to be an American, and proud to be a Democrat. I am looking forward to turning this country around and regaining our national dignity.

Joe cares about people like me. Joe will lead us and the disgrace of Trump will slowly fade away.

BIDEN 2020
Andrew Jackson was a great American. Finally something we can agree on.

Old 10-29-2020, 06:13 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,396,904 times
27000 likes, 533 dislikes, so far. The only poll I believe right now.

Old 10-30-2020, 09:33 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,459,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
The Democratic Party is the oldest political party in the country.

It has lead our great land through many crises, the party has stood the test of time. It can trace it's roots through Andrew Jackson to Thomas Jefferson.

I AM proud to be an American, and proud to be a Democrat. I am looking forward to turning this country around and regaining our national dignity.

Joe cares about people like me. Joe will lead us and the disgrace of Trump will slowly fade away.

BIDEN 2020
What will Biden do for you. Tell me.
Thanks for asking.

To begin with, he will NOT have multiple billionaires in his cabin. For a so-called 'populist' Trump has placed more billionaires in control of our government than any other administration ever. They have torn at the fabric of our national institutions.

Just a few examples of what to expect:

Biden will put someone sympathetic to labor running the Labor Department.

Biden will have someone dedicated to protecting the environment in charge of the EPA.

Biden will have someone dedicated to justice and the rule of law in charge of the Department of Justice.

Biden will build up our alliances, and stand up to dictators, Biden will defend human rights and democracy abroad.

With Biden the USA will be respected again, on the world stage and here at home.

We have had enough of this chaos president and his rapacious, corrupt administration.

Old 10-30-2020, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by madison999 View Post
Andrew Jackson was a great American. Finally something we can agree on.
He was my childhood hero. I read a book about him when I was young and it intrigued me. I have always wanted to visit the Hermitage.

Later I learned that one of my ancestors was a dragoon under Jackson's command, he fought the Creek in Alabama and fought at the battle of New Orleans.

I am not proud of the decision to remove the native Americans. But I am pretty sure at least some of my ancestors approved at the time. That is the nature of politics in a republic, what might make sense to one generation could be viewed differently later by another. We learn from our mistakes ... hopefully. We grow as a people.

Old 10-30-2020, 09:50 AM

5,177 posts, read 3,091,598 times
The Democrat Party of Andrew Jackson’s time has almost nothing in common with the Party as it exists today.

Old 10-30-2020, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimAZ View Post
The Democrat Party of Andrew Jackson’s time has almost nothing in common with the Party as it exists today.
The principles are the same, the Democrats fought for the little guy over against the privileged classes in Jackson's day, and they still do today.

The Democrats represented the aspirations of the farm workers and the workers in the towns to a great extent in Jackson's day. They got the franchise extended to people who did not own property, they gave a voice to the teeming masses of Americans in nineteenth century.

Farms were smaller then, today they are more like agri-businesses on average, highly capitalized. The descendants of the average farmer of Jackson's day have mostly moved to the cities, and later the suburbs. They still need protection, they still need an advocate, and the Democratic Party does it right.

Working people are always vulnerable to being exploited by big money. The Democrats are the ones who stand up for the common workers.

For example, it is the Democrats who introduced the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, and the Republicans who have been trying to kill it off. The Democratic Party is still fighting for safe workplaces, a decent living wage, consumer product labeling and truth in advertising among other things. It is the Democratic Party which has been at the forefront of Social Security (an insurance against poverty, so everyone has a shot at retirement with some sort of dignity) and Medicare and the Affordable Care Act. Republicans would never in your wildest dreams ever advance such programs to help people.

Sure the party has changed, it is more inclusive and more activist, but it really hasn't strayed from it's roots.

The Republican Party seems to have been designed from the very beginning as advocates for the very wealthy. That's ok, the wealthy are entitled to have their own advocates and the Republican party does a very good job at it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies