Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you voting FOR Biden, or AGAINST Trump?
For Biden 17 16.67%
Against Trump 85 83.33%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2020, 04:06 PM

19,803 posts, read 9,353,220 times

Advertisements

Well, at least the Biden voters here are honest, even though they seem to admit that would vote for a zombie before they would vote for Trump. I find that very sad.

I am voting for Trump (even though I would have laughed hysterically at the idea even a year ago), and that is because the economy will almost certainly crash if they win. As my husband and I are retirees on limited income, we cannot rebuild our savings if they are lost -- and I also don't think the middle class should have less income (through more taxes) in order to support people who CAN work but choose not to do so and people who are living in the U.S. illegally. I also could list some additional reasons, but those are the main ones.

Yes, I agree that Trump is far -- very far --from perfect and I strongly dislike him as a person, but I would really like hear from Biden voters why they think that Biden (or Harris) would be a better POTUS than Trump. I think the answers would be very telling and enlightening.

Last edited by katharsis; 10-29-2020 at 04:52 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2020, 04:09 PM

7,977 posts, read 4,985,438 times
People do realize Trump and his cronies are just artificially propping the economy and throwing hoards of money in there to make it LOOK like we are doing well right? Yeesh!!! The economy is going to collapse at some point anyways. You already have run away unemployment, COVID outta control and the Trump admin with no damn idea how to stop it or even care to stop it.. and Biden/Harris haven't even came on.. Yet

The economy is screwed either way at this point.

Old 10-29-2020, 04:10 PM

7,269 posts, read 4,211,637 times
Quote:
Don’t vote for Biden and the dem options will have to improve for 2024 if they want to win.

This is great advice.

Old 10-29-2020, 04:15 PM

7,269 posts, read 4,211,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
People do realize Trump and his cronies are just artificially propping the economy and throwing hoards of money in there to make it LOOK like we are doing well right? Yeesh!!! The economy is going to collapse at some point anyways. You already have run away unemployment, COVID outta control and the Trump admin with no damn idea how to stop it or even care to stop it.. and Biden/Harris haven't even came on.. Yet

It's not Trump and his cronies - and Pelosi is wanting more. Any way you spin it - the dems want a blank check, blind trust and blind voters to achieve their agenda.

No way Dems could have done any better on covid - that is a false argument.

Old 10-29-2020, 04:18 PM

3,406 posts, read 1,903,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Against Trump.
If you think the next 4 years will be better for ALL Americans under Harris, than under Trump, so be it. If you're voting for Harris JUST because you LIKE her better than Trump, you're hateful. I'm a Republican, and my suburban wife is also Republican. We're not Trump fans either, but we ALWAYS vote for the best PERSON to do the job! #WalkAway TrumpAMERICA2020

Old 10-29-2020, 04:26 PM

3,406 posts, read 1,903,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
Well, at least the Biden voters here are honest, even though they seem to admit that would vote for a zombie before they would vote for Trump. I find that very sad.

In contrast, I am voting for Trump (even though I would have laughed hysterically at the idea even a year ago), and that is because the economy will almost certainly crash if they win. As retirees on limited income, we cannot rebuild our savings if they are lost -- and I also don't think the middle class should have less income (through more taxes) in order to support people who CAN work but choose not to do so and people who are living in the U.S. illegally. I also could list some additional reasons, but those are the main ones.

Yes, I agree that Trump is far -- very far --from perfect and I strongly dislike him as a person, but I would really like hear from Biden voters why they think that Biden (or Harris) would be a better POTUS than Trump. I think the answers would be very telling and enlightening.
Biden/Harris voters are STILL IN PAIN that their Queen Bee lost to Trump four years ago! STILL!! Dems also have NO PLAN other than "Trump must go!!" They say Trump killed 220,000 people, and that wise, more presidential, Biden/Harris would saved all of them. BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-29-2020, 04:43 PM

579 posts, read 522,037 times
Voting FOR Biden.

This has been a relaxing election for me. I was happy with VP Biden in 2008, 2012 and disappointed when he dropped out in 2016. during the early parts of the election and primaries I paid little attention because I felt I had little control over the choice. But I got my wish with Biden. Would have been okay with one or two others.

Biden is cut from the same cloth as my father and uncles. I get his vibe. I feel trust. So that's what makes me relaxed.

Trump is bat poop crazy. Narcissism to the nth degree, cut from the same cloth as my sister and an old boss but puts both of them to shame in the narcissism sweepstakes.

Very easy set of choices this year.

Old 10-29-2020, 04:48 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,597,926 times
None of your business.

Old 10-29-2020, 05:12 PM

19,803 posts, read 9,353,220 times
I find it interesting that as of about 2:00 p.m. CST today, 94% of people voting in this poll said they were voting not FOR Biden, but AGAINST Trump. Now, about four hours later, that percentage has dropped to 83%.

Could it possibly be that many people now realize how that voting for a candidate because you don't like his opponent personally is not a very good reason?

In my opinion, it is like not hiring the best electrician in your town because he smokes, swears, has been divorced three times, and needs to bathe more often -- and choosing a felon, sent to prison for armed robbery and just released, instead.

Old 10-29-2020, 05:24 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,357,274 times
It was some of both, but I voted more for Biden than against Trump.
Part of this is Joe is experienced and practical; he knows what can be done, when to do it, and how to get an agreement accomplished.

The other part, however, is any of the Democratic field had more ability to govern than Donald Trump. He has to go before this country can ever begin recovering our economy once the virus stops for. while. Trump can't do this, but anyone else could.
I wanted to wait until there was one person who emerged with a clear lead over all the others. That was Joe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies