Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2020, 07:19 AM

6,675 posts, read 4,277,252 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
If it actually comes to a "civil war", it will be a darned short one. Once the adults decide "enough" of the rioting of liberal idiots, it will be over quickly. One side has 300 million guns and trillions of rounds of ammo. The other side is armed with bongs and rubber dongs.
That reminds me of a video I just saw. A bunch of these Antifa/BLM thugs had surrounded a truck that was just trying to drive down the street. He was slowly rolling and they were screaming at him and chanting.

One of the “peaceful protesters” reached inside the open window of the truck (why have your window open?) and jumped back a few feet. The guy yells “He’s got a gun!”. The whole crowd just parted and stood aside while he passed.

Old 10-30-2020, 09:15 AM

35,692 posts, read 21,049,622 times
Quote:
If it actually comes to a "civil war", it will be a darned short one. Once the adults decide "enough" of the rioting of liberal idiots, it will be over quickly. One side has 300 million guns and trillions of rounds of ammo. The other side is armed with bongs and rubber dongs.
lol Some got itchy fingers want a fight and have NO idea the weaponry the opposing side might have. The problem would be if you insight a war the delinquent element of our society would call it - "FREE PURGE TIME"

Old 10-30-2020, 12:57 PM

4,903 posts, read 3,360,590 times
If we aren't in one now, it's only a matter of time before the next Civil War.

Americans are too divided on race, class, ideology to realistically stay as one country IMHO...

Old 10-30-2020, 01:31 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,626,323 times
Civil war again. (sigh) There is a difference twixt strife and war. A war requires two organized opposing sides. Clear objectives and a strategy for obtaining said objectives. Lines of battle, supply and communication.

None of which are even close to being a reality. As things are we might see lines drawn up along difference of opinion. Perhaps one side might feel they can force their opinions on the other. But not even on a national scale.

The leftists will no doubt go zerko if conservatives gain power in DC. If the leftists get it certain people in certain places might take that as a green light to purge opposition. But a real war? I dont believe so.

And either way it goes I also believe most folks are fed up with the looting arson and mayhem. ****s will be fired in anger. But not on a scale that equals a real war.

And it will be mainly confined to urban centers. We rural folks are quite ready and able to repel boarders. In my state I certainly wont be to awful upset if Vegas and Reno burn straight to the ground. No loss.

If San Freaksicko, Sactomato, LA, and such go the same route, we'll be throwing parties around here. Back East I doubt to many folks in the rural areas will cry to hard if NYC, Boston, Philadelphia, Baltimore and such light up like a BBQ.

Meh, I suppose we'll see. I dont think all will be peace live and groovy starting next week. But I don't think a real war is going to happen either. I could be wrong. I'm hardly omniscient.

We will find out sooner than later.

Old 10-30-2020, 01:57 PM

13,240 posts, read 4,924,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttboy View Post
Well the leftist democrats wanted this with Hillary’s “Resist” comments

Is the U.S. Already in a New Civil War?

America’s COVID-19 numbers aren’t under control. In many places they're getting worse. Large portions of the west coast are on fire, social media is fueling genocides, and political violence in the U.S. is increasing.

https://www.vice.com/en/article/qjp4...-new-civil-war
Save the drama for your ... .

Seriously, roughly 2% of the population lost their lives in the American Civil War. Taken as a percentage of today's population, that's roughly 6 million lives.

When the 116th Congress starts talking like the 36th Congress about averting military action ~ that's when I'll start taking the drama queens seriously.

Old 10-30-2020, 02:05 PM

2,082 posts, read 924,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
Save the drama for your ... .

Seriously, roughly 2% of the population lost their lives in the American Civil War. Taken as a percentage of today's population, that's roughly 6 million lives.

When the 116th Congress starts talking like the 36th Congress about averting military action ~ that's when I'll start taking the drama queens seriously.
Opinions are like *******s everyone has one, when I give mind I like to back it up with facts....

Why is the government buying guns, ammunition, riot gear, gas masks, etc.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/adamand...tary-agencies/

https://thornberry.house.gov/learnin...-purchases.htm

Old 10-30-2020, 02:31 PM

13,240 posts, read 4,924,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttboy View Post
Opinions are like *******s everyone has one, when I give mind I like to back it up with facts....

Why is the government buying guns, ammunition, riot gear, gas masks, etc.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/adamand...tary-agencies/

https://thornberry.house.gov/learnin...-purchases.htm
Let's do a 'pinky bet'?

By the way, what do those pieces have to do with a Civil War?

Old 10-30-2020, 08:35 PM

2,942 posts, read 1,638,138 times
There will be peace untill Harris orders white folks to give up their firearms. Then lookout.

Old 10-30-2020, 09:10 PM

8,342 posts, read 6,428,879 times
Quote:
I have my share and am ready.

Old 10-30-2020, 09:56 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,185,345 times
No, but is the USA now a failed state under Trump? I don't know the answer. Who knew one person could destroy the United States of America so quickly. WOW! Vote and vote blue across the board for the sake of our country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies