Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2020, 10:30 AM

9,501 posts, read 4,332,846 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradnsota View Post
We are now at about a 90% mask wearing compliance rate and the virus is now spreading more than ever? What gives? I thought masks were the answer to flatten the curve.

CV-19 is a "novel" (new) virus. We're learning more about it all of the time. It may even be mutating. Science much?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2020, 10:31 AM

20,123 posts, read 16,144,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tencent View Post
Wrong on all counts.

Viruses are not invulnerable and are rather easy to inactivate with PROPER PROTOCOLS.

The issue is not the protocol.

This issue is COMPLIANCE.

WE DO NOT HAVE 90% MASK COMPLIANCE.
I honestly can not remember the last time I saw anyone inside a building open to the public without a mask, other than babies in strollers. It has been weeks, if not months, and yet like the rest of my state, my nation, and poor Europe, we are having a surge.

Old 10-31-2020, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tencent View Post
Viruses are not invulnerable and are rather easy to inactivate with PROPER PROTOCOLS.

Jeebus.

Old 10-31-2020, 10:33 AM

1,253 posts, read 502,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
Can we all admit:

1. There is no stopping the coronavirus at this point. Everyone is likely to be exposed to it.

2. Masks do not work, no matter how much you want them to.

3. the medical treatment that is repeated over and over again (pills etc) do not work and perhaps we should look for different methods (such as nutritional tactics to restore metabolic disfunction and vitamin D).

4. The tactics used so far, locking everyone up to protect a few people, should be abandoned and the few people that are vulnerable should be locked up.
1. Correct. There is no stopping the virus. The failed efforts in Europe with their extreme lockdowns have now proved that. The virus was just waiting for them and when they came out from their lockdowns, the virus resumed its spread.

2. I think masks help to some small degree, but are now obviously proving not to be the game changer people though they were, especially when people wear the wrong kind of mask and wear them the wrong way.

3. People were treated the wrong way at first by the medical professionals. Intubating people immediately turned out to be a death sentence for people and medical professionals have blood on their hands for that.

4. This is why the WHO has changed their tune and are now against lockdowns.

Old 10-31-2020, 10:34 AM

1,253 posts, read 502,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
I honestly can not remember the last time I saw anyone inside a building open to the public without a mask, other than babies in strollers. It has been weeks, if not months, and yet like the rest of my state, my nation, and poor Europe, we are having a surge.
Same here. 99% compliance here. Virus still spreads.

Old 10-31-2020, 10:39 AM

7,759 posts, read 3,879,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradnsota View Post
Same here. 99% compliance here. Virus still spreads.
Are you God?

Can you see everything and everyone in your city

Old 10-31-2020, 10:51 AM

25,118 posts, read 16,198,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherman99 View Post
Lots of "non-island" Asian countries...Japan, South Korea, Thailand, Vietnam, Malaysia, and most others out there doing much better than us with Covid.
lmfao.

at least we know who Hank Johnson is here.

Old 10-31-2020, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
Surpassed 9 million COVID cases. Guess no leader anywhere in this country is going to do their damn jobs and shut this crap down. Why are we paying these idiots again?

Based on this post and others, you seem to have a very simplistic view of the world. These "idiots" have to balance slowing the spread of the virus with economic impact. There is no right answer. If your life is comprised of sitting in your mom's basement eating Cheetos, smoking weed, and playing video games, then yes, a total lock down might end the virus more quickly and not really have much impact on you. However, some of us actually have to go to work and earn a living. Where do you think the Cheetos your mom buys for you come from?

Old 10-31-2020, 11:00 AM

35,672 posts, read 21,030,020 times
Quote:
Can't say that about Fl at all, and as we are tourist states many come here and take it back home...

Old 10-31-2020, 11:32 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,730,981 times
Quote:

Same here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies