Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-04-2020, 07:28 PM

15,946 posts, read 12,276,554 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
This topic is even more important now since it has EVERYTHING to do with the presidential election and control of the Senate.

If it wasn't for liberal transplants turning states blue or purple, Trump would already have his victory. If not for liberal transplants from California and the Northeast, Trump would have won Virginia, Nevada, Arizona, and Colorado and of course would safely win Georgia and North Carolina. Its debatable whether the exodus of liberal yuppies from the Philadelphia area has made Pennsylvania more red and given rural blue collar voters in the rest of PA a voice though. I know unlike many Northern states, Pennsylvania IS very conservative outside of the major cities unlike Massachusetts where even rural areas are liberal.

Trump's loss has as much to do with his behavior as anything else. I know many people on the conservative side that simply couldn't stomach it. I know hindsight is 20/20, but had Trump campaigned on legalizing marijuana his second term, he probably would have won. I'm amazed no candidate uses that one. They're all afraid to touch it. If he toned down his behavior he could have brought aboard more moderates without his base abandoning him. There's things he could have done. He made tactical moves. Biden made tactical moves. You either win or you don't. We know it would be close.

The democrats in my state helped legal marijuana pass. It's always nice when you have around 30-40% of them in a state... they do enough positives for the state without the state going to bleep like it does when they completely dominate. I believe both sides need each other and gridlock is good. Preventing a single entity from having total control is paramount to keeping a nation healthy. Competition in the marketplace is the best way to keep things fresh and keep people freer.

Old 11-04-2020, 07:30 PM

10,206 posts, read 15,910,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
They do not connect their high cost of living in Dem places, with the political voting choices they've made through the years, as conservatives would. Conservatives see it as a direct cause-effect relationship. We see high taxes as avoidable...as a choice.

Democrats, Liberals, Regressives, see those places with high costs of living, & higher taxes, as being more desireable, due to proximity to high paying jobs, better schools, museums, arts, ect.. They see the higher taxes as unavoidable, if you want all those features & benefits.

So, while those features & benefits work in their favor, they'll pay more, but when their needs change, they'll just move away from all of that, to a cheaper existence.

Unfortunately, they bring their politics with them, and continue making the high tax choices. They are too set in their ways to change now. They don't say to themselves "I dont need great schools anymore, my kids are on their own now, so I'll vote for the Republican, who wants to keep taxes low" Their brains are not wired to make the change. They are too emotionally invested in the Dem mindset to change.

So, Conservatives will continue to build low-tax, & low cost-of-living places, the older Dems will move into them when it suits them, & they'll eventually outnumber the Republicans. The Libs will change it, then the Conservatives leave, and its repeats endlessly.

It started in the major cities, which are now crapholes, that anyone who can get out of, leaves. They move to the suburbs, which will get trashed next, through liberal policy creep, and it grows outward with suburban sprawl. Then, after the suburbs are trashed, some will move into urban settings, and some will move back into the hollowed out cities since the cost of living has fallen (like Cleveland, & Detroit right now).

There's no way to stop it in a free society. Just see it for what it is, and move to stay in front of it. As soon as your precinct goes Blue, it's time to get out. That's what I do, & its worked well.

I recently left Gwinnett County GA (suburb of Atlanta). Tuesday, they will likely vote in their first Democrat Congressperson. Urban Atlanta pushed outward into the suburbs, then the suburbs started to go Blue, and now Conservatives are leaving. As areas turn Blue, crime comes with it. A closer in suburb called "Buckhead", is a prime example of that. Buckhead residents are fleeing now, & moving further out to Alpharetta. In 20 years, Alpharetta will be trashed too. It never ends.
This is both true and untrue in Baton Rouge and New Orleans. The first wave of urban transplants into suburban Livingston and Ascension Parishes outside BR and to the Northshore in Greater New Orleans were mostly white, conservative Republican voters and they continue to vote Republican to this day. They understand how BR and NO are so dysfunctional and crime ridden because of Democrats. Livingston Parish, Louisiana went 84% for Trump twice, and Trump won 70% in St. Tammany Parish, the wealthiest and best educated Parish in Louisiana. White suburbanites in Louisiana are solidly Republican.

Now there is a second wave of transplants out of Baton Rouge and New Orleans, and these are mostly black Democrats who are fleeing their violent, drug infested ghettoes in the inner city and who are brainwashed by racial politics and spent their entire lives in their bubble. Now they move out and still vote Democrat. No, the suburbs here will always be conservative, but its an illustration though. In other cities this is happening in a larger rate like Baltimore and DC and is changing those regions.

Old 11-04-2020, 09:15 PM

39,856 posts, read 26,482,831 times
Quote:
Why do liberal transplants flee to Red States and continue to vote Democrat?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viral_replication

Old 11-04-2020, 09:21 PM

223 posts, read 153,710 times
Quote:
This topic is even more important now since it has EVERYTHING to do with the presidential election and control of the Senate.

If it wasn't for liberal transplants turning states blue or purple, Trump would already have his victory. If not for liberal transplants from California and the Northeast, Trump would have won Virginia, Nevada, Arizona, and Colorado and of course would safely win Georgia and North Carolina. Its debatable whether the exodus of liberal yuppies from the Philadelphia area has made Pennsylvania more red and given rural blue collar voters in the rest of PA a voice though. I know unlike many Northern states, Pennsylvania IS very conservative outside of the major cities unlike Massachusetts where even rural areas are liberal.
I think it's hilarious and ignorant that you actually think ever Californian who wants to move or has moved is a liberal. Maybe it's the natives in your state who are sick of Trump and his big mouth after four years who voted blue.

Old 11-04-2020, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adistea17 View Post
I think it's hilarious and ignorant that you actually think ever Californian who wants to move or has moved is a liberal. Maybe it's the natives in your state who are sick of Trump and his big mouth after four years who voted blue.
I'm from the South and we (the South in general, not my state itself) has more Northeast transplants than Californians. But I've seen how Colorado, Nevada, and Arizona have all changed. It was liberal Californians that pushed for Colorado to legalize weed for example and whom pushed all those ridiculous gun control laws there, and pushed for overregulation that has hurt the oil and gas industry there. Same thing with policies hurting ranchers in Nevada and Arizona. The vast majority of natives in Colorado and Arizona are solidly conservative.

I assure you my area in South Louisiana, full of native Southerners, is as conservative as ever. Trump won 84.1% of the vote in my parish, the exact same as last time. Many parish wide offices have only GOP candidates. Liberal IS a dirty word in these parts and candidates proudly tout endorsements from the NRA and from pro-life and pro-business groups. There is a parish in the Lake Charles area where Trump won over 90% of the vote, that area is conservative to begin with and the oil industry is also huge there and people remember Obama and Biden's obsession about global warming and the overregulation of the Obama EPA which has hurt oil gas and coal jobs which pay very well.

its a shame that Virginia is now run by out of state liberals in NOVA and now has anti-coal policies despite Southwest Virginia being dependent on coal. Transplants from the north are also responsible for the $15 minimum wage which makes no sense in rural Virginia. The same thing threatens to happen in Georgia as Georgia is debating raising their minimum wage.

Old 11-04-2020, 09:53 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,034,674 times
Actually a secret lottery is held each year and the selected victims have to move to the South along with their family.

It's called The Secret Innoculation Lottery.

Old 11-04-2020, 09:58 PM

223 posts, read 153,710 times
Quote:
I'm from the South and we (the South in general, not my state itself) has more Northeast transplants than Californians. But I've seen how Colorado, Nevada, and Arizona have all changed. It was liberal Californians that pushed for Colorado to legalize weed for example and whom pushed all those ridiculous gun control laws there, and pushed for overregulation that has hurt the oil and gas industry there. Same thing with policies hurting ranchers in Nevada and Arizona. The vast majority of natives in Colorado and Arizona are solidly conservative.

I assure you my area in South Louisiana, full of native Southerners, is as conservative as ever. Trump won 84.1% of the vote in my parish, the exact same as last time. Many parish wide offices have only GOP candidates. Liberal IS a dirty word in these parts and candidates proudly tout endorsements from the NRA and from pro-life and pro-business groups. There is a parish in the Lake Charles area where Trump won over 90% of the vote, that area is conservative to begin with and the oil industry is also huge there and people remember Obama and Biden's obsession about global warming and the overregulation of the Obama EPA which has hurt oil gas and coal jobs which pay very well.

its a shame that Virginia is now run by out of state liberals in NOVA and now has anti-coal policies despite Southwest Virginia being dependent on coal. Transplants from the north are also responsible for the $15 minimum wage which makes no sense in rural Virginia. The same thing threatens to happen in Georgia as Georgia is debating raising their minimum wage.
So you're saying there are more California transplants than natives in these states and were able to do all that? Come on now. Have some ownership. It's so easy to blame California for so many things. Time to find another fall guy.

Old 11-05-2020, 12:13 AM

29,212 posts, read 22,344,773 times
If you build it, they will come.

Old 11-05-2020, 01:44 AM

https://www.city-journal.org/html/re...ies-14731.html

This article very accurately describes what's happening in a lot of red states, though its about Texas and Texas still held firm to the Republican side this time. However on the local level many areas in Texas have become more liberal and this is mainly attributed to people from California. It points out how many destructive and financially disastrous liberal policies are being enacted in places like Austin, Dallas, and Houston. Austin used to be the single liberal island in Texas excluding the Mexican border areas (where Trump actually won quite a few Hispanic votes this time) but now Houston and Dallas have become more liberal while in the past they were solidly Republican.

Hence the common saying Don't California My Texas and Don't California My Colorado!!!

Yankee transplants are more of an issue in Virginia, North Carolina, and Georgia in making these states less conservative.

Old 11-05-2020, 03:07 AM

7,588 posts, read 6,623,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
Actually a secret lottery is held each year and the selected victims have to move to the South along with their family.

It's called The Secret Innoculation Lottery.
I don't wish to offend you, but sometimes when I read your posts I almost start to wonder if you're just making things up...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies