Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2020, 10:16 AM

Location: In a city within a state where politicians come to get their PHDs in Corruption
2,907 posts, read 2,069,650 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC1984 View Post
LOL, EXACTLY...they are escaping all the things that their policies created! Epic fail!
That's not necessarily true. Lot of the problems liberal states have are due to legacy costs. Pensions, retiree health care costs and older infrastructure mostly.

Chances are a young family with two small kids moving from Jersey to Georgia didn't vote for any of the policies they're escaping, as you eloquently put.

Old 10-30-2020, 10:17 AM

1,253 posts, read 503,072 times
Default Why do liberal transplants flee to Red States and continue to vote Democrat?

That would be the definition of insanity. Doing the same thing over and over while expecting different results.

Old 10-30-2020, 10:18 AM

4,023 posts, read 1,443,036 times
Liberals are brain dead. Seriously there is no other explanation. Sure there are those who move someplace to retire for weather and not political reasons, but there are a ton who move because cost of living is too high driven by liberal tax and spend policies.

Old 10-30-2020, 10:22 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,983,158 times
Unfortunately, democrats are spreading out of their hell holes like CA like a cancer. Look at Texas with all the transplants. They could actually go blue due to the cancer infiltration. Next will be higher taxes, less for your money, lousy everything and people all complaining like some giant temper tantrum we see all over the place with these protests. Shame, but it is what it is. I am in PA, which is an interesting state politically. We could just swing the election this year and both of the idiots running know that.

Old 10-30-2020, 10:29 AM

7,195 posts, read 5,728,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bertwrench View Post
Liberals are brain dead. Seriously there is no other explanation. Sure there are those who move someplace to retire for weather and not political reasons, but there are a ton who move because cost of living is too high driven by liberal tax and spend policies.
The thing is, the pay up north is much (much) higher so it evens out. I often see local people posting for their small businesses on Facebook and they want to pay $10/hour for landscaping help, $12/hour for HVAC helpers and things like that. I would not have seen that low rate offered in the northeast even 15 years ago.

Old 10-30-2020, 10:39 AM

4,905 posts, read 2,058,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat Turd Collector View Post
It’s a funny thing living in a solidly-blue state and listening to conservatives complain about these “damn liberals”; why are you here if you hate it so much? And when they realize their efforts to influence state-level politics are fruitless, they move to a red state and discover that they seem downright liberal in a red state.

Some move back, with adventurous stories to tell (“What do you mean I have to buy a pick-up truck to haul my trash to the dumps???” What do you mean there is no such thing as Animal Control, to get this rabid python out of my yard?”)

Some assimilate and contentedly live out their days there.

Some try to stick it out, but end up voting for democrats because the conservative politics in a red state are on a whole other level than conservative politics in a blue state.
Well, I to live in a solid blue State, Washington State, the place I was born and raised. Washington State, in the past was truly a Truman/Kennedy Democrat type of State and “I” was raised to be a Truman/Kennedy Democrat... But today, they would even recognize the new version of the DNC.

I’m tempted to make a move to a Red State, but Washington State is my native soil and most of my family is here, but I’ve been eying Florida for a couple of years now. Once I finish my “third” retirement in the next 4 months, I will have to make up my mind shortly afterwards on the direction I’ll be taking in 2021.

Many of us conservatives were born in now Blue States and its funny how that liberals WHO JUST MOVED INTO YOUR NATIVE STATE feel that YOU are the one that needs to leave.

In an odd way, I now know how the Native Americans felt about being pushed out of their lands.... Yes and no question, their situation was thousand times worse than my situation, but the fact remains... it sucks to be forced to move.

Old 10-30-2020, 10:39 AM

579 posts, read 522,399 times
I moved for the weather and a job. I went looking for the job. I couldn't stand the cold any more.

My friends and family had already scattered across the country so there was no reason emotionally to stay.

Feels good to vote blue here.

Oh and the parking. Lots of easy parking down here. That was a bonus.

Old 10-30-2020, 10:48 AM

316 posts, read 155,533 times
Many transplants come to Texas, Virginia, Tennessee, and Georgia but quickly start to complain about how the cost of living and taxes keep rising. Many question the decision to re-locate. Yet most of these same people vote Democrat. They are in a bad spot. They don't want to vote Republican in order to keep taxes low because they don't want to look like rednecks to their family and friends back home. Voting Democrat allows them to keep a connection with their home state.

When the states they are wrecking now become prohibitively expensive, they will simply move to a state like Mississippi, South Dakota or Nebraska and ruin those states in the same way.

Old 10-30-2020, 11:04 AM

34,097 posts, read 47,302,110 times
Taxes are high in the Northeast because we have more infrastructure to take care of than the South. Of course they're going to keep voting how they vote, nobody really votes to keep their taxes down. Because since when ever do taxes go down? It's a modern-day Manifest Destiny, that's all.

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 10-30-2020, 11:08 AM

35,704 posts, read 21,063,743 times
I only see mostly Repubs moving to FL trying to change it.., so no many on the left
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies