Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2020, 09:05 PM

8,549 posts, read 10,973,619 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Did you know Trump was in office during the riots, did he spring into action, but reelecting him again will stop the riots. Did you think this out fully.

Nothing changes until we have police reform and Trump has done nothing but pour gasoline on the fire, we need even handed leadership not shouting and false claims about simplistic solutions for simple minds.
Obviously you are not aware that federal troops can't be used unless asked for by a sitting governor, so blame the governors of these states where the riots are prevalent, not Trump.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2020, 09:10 PM

16,575 posts, read 8,600,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
I usually try and stay away from political speculation, and read about this one stating Biden will win, or Trump will see a landslide for him on election nighty etc, but I see what is happening here in California concerning the popularity of Trump, and I feel California may be electing the first republican president since Ronald Reagan.
Why do I say this?
To my knowledge Biden has not visited this state once, because dems think the state is "in the bag for dems", so no need for Biden to campaign here.

I am seeing a tremendous amount of people holding Trump rallies, which never happened in the last election cycle.

Californians are coming out in large numbers in support of Trump, and that did not happen before the last election in 2016
It would not surprise me if Trump wins in California.
Ordinary people are taking to the streets in support of Trump.
All this is new to this area, and it tells me many are going to be voting for Trump this election, that failed to do so in 2016.
Even if you are feeling such a vibe, CA has made it almost impossible for (R's) to win.

Watch this short video to better understand what happened in Orange county alone last election;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkLuXvIxFew

`

Old 10-31-2020, 09:17 PM

People blaming this pandemic for not voting in person is a big bunch of plain ole BS.
i had occasion to bring an elderly friend to costco the other day.
I have never been to a costco because I don't believe in paying a store to shop there,
Any way, I would guess that there were perhaps 2000 or more vehicles in the parking lot, and at least 3000 people in and around that store.
All were wearing mask, but still, that many people out and about, could certainly vote in person.

Old 10-31-2020, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
Even if you are feeling such a vibe, CA has made it almost impossible for (R's) to win.

Watch this short video to better understand what happened in Orange county alone last election;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkLuXvIxFew

`
I absolutely believe what was stated in that video, but once again, republican voters usually vote in person, so most have not voted yet.
The support I see here for Trump has never happened before.
There was one locally today in Beverly hills.
Thousands showed up.
In days, and weeks past, there have been vehicle caravans, and boat parades in support of Trump.
Again, this never happened in 2016.
I believe times they are a changing.

Old 10-31-2020, 10:30 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,573,399 times
Trump will win, but it's no surprise.

Old 10-31-2020, 11:44 PM

9,049 posts, read 3,522,242 times
Quote:
Did you know Trump was in office during the riots, did he spring into action, but reelecting him again will stop the riots. Did you think this out fully.
Well this is an embarrassing display of ignorance. You didn't think this out fully.

Perhaps google Kate Brown.

Old 11-01-2020, 12:05 AM

8,132 posts, read 3,671,773 times
Quote:
I usually try and stay away from political speculation, and read about this one stating Biden will win, or Trump will see a landslide for him on election nighty etc, but I see what is happening here in California concerning the popularity of Trump, and I feel California may be electing the first republican president since Ronald Reagan.
Why do I say this?
To my knowledge Biden has not visited this state once, because dems think the state is "in the bag for dems", so no need for Biden to campaign here.

I am seeing a tremendous amount of people holding Trump rallies, which never happened in the last election cycle.

Californians are coming out in large numbers in support of Trump, and that did not happen before the last election in 2016
It would not surprise me if Trump wins in California.
Ordinary people are taking to the streets in support of Trump.
All this is new to this area, and it tells me many are going to be voting for Trump this election, that failed to do so in 2016.
Lol, I guess you wrote this during happy hour?

Old 11-01-2020, 08:03 AM

25,713 posts, read 18,788,778 times
Quote:
Did you know Trump was in office during the riots, did he spring into action,
He didn't "spring into action" because the constitution forbids it. Of course, that is something that you folks neither think about or give one iota of a damn about.

The governors and/or local leaders need to tell him to "spring into action." They never did. Thus he never did.

Old 11-01-2020, 08:08 AM

5,153 posts, read 3,083,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
He didn't "spring into action" because the constitution forbids it. Of course, that is something that you folks neither think about or give one iota of a damn about.

The governors and/or local leaders need to tell him to "spring into action." They never did. Thus he never did.
No, no! Trump is an evil dictator who ignores the Constitution. CNN/MSNBC/ABC/CBS/NYT/WaPo tell us daily that he only governs impulsively.

Old 11-01-2020, 08:13 AM

16,575 posts, read 8,600,121 times
Quote:
People blaming this pandemic for not voting in person is a big bunch of plain ole BS.
i had occasion to bring an elderly friend to costco the other day.
I have never been to a costco because I don't believe in paying a store to shop there,
Any way, I would guess that there were perhaps 2000 or more vehicles in the parking lot, and at least 3000 people in and around that store.
All were wearing mask, but still, that many people out and about, could certainly vote in person.
Quote:
I absolutely believe what was stated in that video, but once again, republican voters usually vote in person, so most have not voted yet.
The support I see here for Trump has never happened before.
There was one locally today in Beverly hills.
Thousands showed up.
In days, and weeks past, there have been vehicle caravans, and boat parades in support of Trump.
Again, this never happened in 2016.
I believe times they are a changing.
Regarding Costco, the membership is well worth it. The money you can save on gas alone far exceeds what the membership fee is.
As to large gathering of people, there is no doubt some states are selectively deciding what is important and what isn't, much of it through an ideological lens.

Why were pot shops and liquor stores allowed to be open, but churches and gun stores closed?
Why was elective surgery and diagnostic procedures stopped, but not abortion clinics?
Why are "protestors" and criminal gangs allowed to roam the streets day and night breaking the law (curfew, unlawful assembly, riots, looting, no permits, no social distancing, etc.), but law abiding fans of the president cannot gather in large numbers to hear him speak?

As to CA, it is not as if it is impossible for them to vote (R), but the ultra liberal population centers dictate where most of the state wide election votes go. Heck CA has produced some of the most liberal/leftist senators for decades (Cranston/Boxer/Feinstein), with Kamala being the latest example.
So even if you see increased support for Trump in some areas of Beverly Hills and some surrounding areas, LA, SF/Oakland, San Jose, etc. are too big to overcome, even for the rest of the state.

Don't get me wrong, I think everyone wanting to make a statement should get out and vote for Trump in CA, but I would not put my money on him winning that state.

`
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies