Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2020, 07:52 AM

20,957 posts, read 5,527,189 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
They find the rioting and looting justified? COOL, but just remember many of us law abiding citizens own firearms—— Riot & loot at your own peril!

https://fee.org/articles/65-of-colle...ew-poll-finds/

We're ready.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2020, 07:54 AM

20,957 posts, read 5,527,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leona Valley View Post
Because a civil war could never happen in the U.S.?

NEVER

Old 10-31-2020, 07:58 AM

18,149 posts, read 15,566,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lieqiang View Post
No it isn't you fear mongering drama queen. Get a hold of yourself, this is embarrassing.
Not often I would find something in a post like this I would agree with. But I don't believe that an actual civil war is looming either. But other than that, stated in a manner that does not deride and insult, the rest of this quoted post belongs in an outhouse.

Care to state how it is you arrived at your conclusion that a civil war isnt imminent? Or in keeping with leftist "debate" tactics are personal insults and silly GIFs sufficient to support your opinion?

Mine I base on what actually constitutes a "war." Opposing sides organized along clear objectives with a strategy outlined achieve those objectives using armed forces at their disposal.

Forces with an established and effective chain of command that are supplied, equipped and above all motivated to engage in combat. The end result of said combat that takes and holds territory that puts forces in place to maneuver in tandem with supporting forces to engage and defeat the enemy.

Without extending beyond lines of supply and communication. There are no such forces arrayed on either side of the current disagreements that are in play. Thus "war" is not possible.

But localized brushfire conflict of a reactionary nature is very possible. I would hazard to say even probable. People are plumb fed up with being downwind of this leftist dairy pond of looting arson assault murder and mayhem.

They are going to start fighting back. The times of razing and pillaging with impunity these wannabe leftist ideologues have been enjoying are fixing to come to a bitter and acrimonious end.

Perhaps law will break down but in the end order will prevail. It wont quite be "war" per se, but violent conflict is inevitable if the radical left spearheaded by agitators like ANTIFA continue on their current course.

I suppose I could find all sorts of GIFs that portray caricature of what I'm talking about if you need pictures to allow your mind to grasp this concept.

If what you wrote in reply to the OP is indicative of your grasp of writing pictures would probably help. But you'll have to actually read what I've written and formulate a reply if you so choose to do so.

I dont require any such things just so you know. My mind is capable of constructing images from written word. I am truly curious as to how you arrived at your hypothesis in regard to possible civil "war" being a completely nonsensical possibility.

Just to clarify, I'm not discounting it entirely. I dont favor speaking (or writing) in absolutes. I am not either omniscient or omnipotent. Only human. And opinions are not fact.

Anyway feel free to refute or rebut. Or not. It's a free country. At least for now. Oh, and I'd like to add that the OP of this thread is actually a well reasoned and fairly balanced poster on here. I've read and enjoyed quite a few of his posts.

I don't find him to be a "drama queen" at all. I would also be interested in reading an actual rebuttal by you to the thread topic. But I dont want to overload your writing skills. Just sayin'

Old 10-31-2020, 08:04 AM

8,976 posts, read 6,006,296 times
If you ask the right question, you'll get one answer. If you ask the same question in different words, you'll get another answer.

The way the question was asked presupposed systemic racism and antipathy, both psychological and physical toward black Americans. The question asked was:

"Due to systematic racism in our country, and the countless number of Black Americans who have been wrongfully targeted and murdered by police officers, the recent rioting and looting is justified to some degree. Something needs to change and we need to draw attention to this problem by whatever means necessary.:

Really? What if the question was: "Because [fill in the blank] Black Americans have been wrongfully targeted and murdered by police officers, rioting and looting is justified." Pick (a): almost all; (b) most; (c) many; (d) some.

I wonder if the responses would have been different.

Old 10-31-2020, 08:23 AM

24,296 posts, read 17,043,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Wait until they have to pay higher prices for everything to offset the looting losses. They'll whine and complain about being "victims" after supporting the very acts that increase their own costs. Nope, a--holes, you CHOSE to pay those higher prices on goods and services.

This is the tragedy of all this nonsense. The neighborhoods that are being trashed and burned are areas that already suffer from economic disparity and lack of services and good food options.

The white "protesters" are bused in, trash the place and then go home to a nice safe place in their parents basements stopping at the well stocked fridge before sitting down in front of a TV with 300 stations while surfing 5G internet.

What if those looted and burned out business never reopen? Imagine being an owner of a shop that is already struggling due to the virus and then one night everything you built was destroyed by a mob of misguided losers.

I would say that the 65% of college students that say rioting and looting is justified have never been hit in the head with a brick or had their stuff stolen or destroyed.

Social Justice is a virtue until it comes home to smack you around.

Old 10-31-2020, 08:28 AM

10,065 posts, read 6,362,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
They find the rioting and looting justified? COOL, but just remember many of us law abiding citizens own firearms—— Riot & loot at your own peril!

https://fee.org/articles/65-of-colle...ew-poll-finds/
So a pollster who is a BIG Trump supporter puts out "poll" results. I'd like to know exactly how many college students he polled, and from what colleges. Until that data is supplied, his results are highly suspect.

Old 10-31-2020, 08:40 AM

34,301 posts, read 15,581,416 times
The good news is, in a civil war these young people will die in record numbers !!!

Old 10-31-2020, 08:45 AM

9,434 posts, read 4,223,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
The good news is, in a civil war these young people will die in record numbers !!!
And that would make you happy.
Can look for good news in places that don’t promote death and Killing.
If dead young people make you happy I don’t even know what to say.

Old 10-31-2020, 09:10 AM

18,149 posts, read 15,566,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillie767 View Post
If you ask the right question, you'll get one answer. If you ask the same question in different words, you'll get another answer.

The way the question was asked presupposed systemic racism and antipathy, both psychological and physical toward black Americans. The question asked was:

"Due to systematic racism in our country, and the countless number of Black Americans who have been wrongfully targeted and murdered by police officers, the recent rioting and looting is justified to some degree. Something needs to change and we need to draw attention to this problem by whatever means necessary.:

Really? What if the question was: "Because [fill in the blank] Black Americans have been wrongfully targeted and murdered by police officers, rioting and looting is justified." Pick (a): almost all; (b) most; (c) many; (d) some.

I wonder if the responses would have been different.
LOL, yes you make a good point. Truly it is not WHAT you say... it is HOW you say it that counts. "You" I'm using as a general term encompassing all people. Not you specifically as an individual.

I needed to add that to clarify in keeping with your point. And a point worth paying attention to. Verily wars have been fought because someone said something that may or may not have been taken in correct context.

Marie Antoinette comes to mind with her famous (or infamous) "let them eat cake" comment. Did she truly mean that in the context the mob that drug her to the guillotine took it? We will never know.

And context of what is being said by certain people in certain groups with certain agendas is quite important right now. Words are dangerous. If something is stated and meant to be sarcastic or perhaps even trying to add humor to an otherwise amusing topic....well.

Adversarial people can twist and add any meaning they choose in order to provoke any action they wish to see. And absent any defense by whoever made said statement that incontrovertibly refutes the meaning given by the adversarial parties to the words they will use it to whatever end they desire.

Yess'm. It is thus that wars or at least serious fighting is started. Throughout history hundreds of millions of people if not tens of billions have died in all manner of ways.

Because of something that was said.

Old 10-31-2020, 09:16 AM

15,719 posts, read 6,430,342 times
Only the hard right is talking about a "civil war". Yawn.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies