Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2020, 05:01 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 8 days ago)

35,631 posts, read 17,968,125 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by World Citizen View Post
Not ok. And, neither was putting a coffin with a Harris dummy and a hearse at a Biden event ok.
Thank you. It would be nice to see a return to civility in this country, where there are certain lines no one should cross.

Old 10-31-2020, 05:02 PM

6,116 posts, read 4,608,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandraMoore66 View Post
Again do you see Trump supporters burning and looting cities? They are not the crazy ones.
Whoever is doing that is crazy and criminal where it has happened.

But I also worry about some of these heavily armed "militia" type people, the type that plotted to kidnap Michigan's governor, and also Virginia's governor. Thankfully they are locked away because they're a grave danger to the public and don't need to be walking free. "Stand back and stand by" isn't helping to calm that type of lawlessness.

I don't want to see civil unrest at all but it would be inaccurate to say it could only be coming from one group.

Last edited by Jowel; 10-31-2020 at 05:20 PM..

Old 10-31-2020, 05:05 PM

4,067 posts, read 2,273,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WrongStreet View Post
Wow, Trump supporters are so peaceful, huh?

This along with all the voter intimidation & harassment, if Trump was winning why would any of this be necessary?

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...paign=msn_feed
Well let’s see, when I see the words like claim and allegedly I’m thinking there’s no proof.

So unless there’s a video out there proving what’s in the article this is meaningless. All I saw was a bunch of cars and trucks following the Biden tour bus. Can’t believe how that would upset anyone.

Old 10-31-2020, 06:12 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,268,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
I know - all I saw were vehicles driving down the freeway and it was light traffic at that.
That’s all it was ... vehicle’s driving down a busy freeway eith (gasp!) American Flags and Trump Flags. HORROR!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I don't call ramming a bus with a large truck, trying to force the bus off the highway, trying to force the bus to a stop in the middle of a stream of 100 trump trucks, and damaging a staff member's car "peaceful". Terrifying thugs.

I think ALL of us, ALL of us, agreed back in June that a mob surrounding a car or truck and forcing it to stop was an act of violence, and terrifying.

And it still is. Even if you want to excuse these Trump voters for doing it.
No bus was forced off a Freeway. Nobody was “armed”, Nobody was “rammed” ...
But these Leftists were certainly Triggered. Poor Babies.
Nobody stops a vehicle traveling on I-35 at 60-70 Miles per hour by driving next to them, in front of them or behind them. This is pretty much how we all drive on the busiest Interstate Highway in Texas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill_Schramm View Post
Apparently, they were armed and tried to force the Biden bus off the road.
Armed? I will wait for the pictures of that

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
It's a crying shame someone on the bus didn't have a 10 gauge full of buckshot.
That would have been handy .... then the Police/ Highway Patrol would have had something to investigate other than .... “A TRUCK WITH A FLAG SCARED ME !!!”

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandraMoore66 View Post
Well let’s see, when I see the words like claim and allegedly I’m thinking there’s no proof.

So unless there’s a video out there proving what’s in the article this is meaningless. All I saw was a bunch of cars and trucks following the Biden tour bus. Can’t believe how that would upset anyone.
That’s all it was .... I gotta tell you folks, this is high entertainment in Texas. These idiots were so triggered they were calling 911 constantly complaining about FLAGS - not just the Scary American Flags, but the Really Terrifying TRUMP Flags. Apparently their phones only worked for 911 calls and not for pictures.

What a bunch of Triggered Idiots. I assume everyone knows that Harris does not lower herself to travel by Bus.. she flew a Private Jet to Fort Worth. These dudes ( one of which I went to college with) claimed they had 14 events raging from Austin to the Hill Country to Abilene to the Panhandle that day ..... that they were forced to “ cancel”.

NO WAY JOSE as we say down here .... they are a Laughing Stock to any real Texan.
This is great Fun, scared of Flags.

Old 10-31-2020, 09:00 PM

23,588 posts, read 12,535,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by World Citizen View Post
[/b]

He want's to be a dictator - I don't want him to be.
No one should, but it seems plenty wanted him to go into the states, unasked, to quell the violence.
Quote:
And, I really don't appreciate being told that I've got no clue... legally or otherwise. I've been around for a while and I've learned some things along the way.

I grew up in the south during the 60's.... I remember the death of MLK and JFK, racial rioting and the end of segregation in my school. I've taken college courses on African American History and volunteered in various inner city outreaches and juvenile jail ministry. I am not a perfect person but I can tell you that I think I've got a clue about some things going on in today's world.

To answer your question...

The job of the president is to bring all sides together and work together toward a resolution.

Over the past months, I've not heard that from him.

His approach has been to politicize the issue. He has polarized all parties involved.

Trump has made things worse...
That is a non answer.

When one is dealing with idiot mayors (and governors for that matter) who absolutely do not want the feds in their cities, who are saying nothing is wrong , that it's just the "summer of love" while people are killing each other .. there is very little to work with in dealing with those idiots.
So, pretend the mayors and governors won't work with the president, what should the president do to stop the violence.

Old 10-31-2020, 09:20 PM

23,588 posts, read 12,535,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
About 40% of our country doesn't vote. They're apolitical.

An adult doesn't have to be a democrat or a republican, and I don't recall seeing a single Biden sign at anyplace where rioting took place.

Unlike these mobs, trying to run the Biden campaign bus off the road, running into a staff member's car, slamming into the back of the campaign bus.

They were loud and proud Trump voters.

I am so embarrassed, and ashamed for my state right now and wonder what in the world the rest of the country thinks of us, after this stupid redneck display.
Why didn't you post the video of that? No one has posted a video that comes anywhere near what you describe. Is there a actually a video that shows what you say? Please link to it.

Here is one of those rare videos .. seems the Biden bus and fan car were blocking the highway and trying to cause accidents.... https://www.city-data.com/forum/59550612-post2.html

Old 10-31-2020, 09:27 PM

5,715 posts, read 15,045,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
No one should, but it seems plenty wanted him to go into the states, unasked, to quell the violence.
That is a non answer.

When one is dealing with idiot mayors (and governors for that matter) who absolutely do not want the feds in their cities, who are saying nothing is wrong , that it's just the "summer of love" while people are killing each other .. there is very little to work with in dealing with those idiots.
So, pretend the mayors and governors won't work with the president, what should the president do to stop the violence.
dear berdee..

idiot governors, idiot mayors... those idiots

really ???

My answer is what a president's job is. To lead... to be a leader.

It's not "my way or the highway"...

Personally, I can't imagine why mayors and governors wouldn't want to work with our president.

He's got such a way with words.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies