Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2020, 02:23 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,501,648 times

Advertisements

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IapmfPfbDxI

Check out our WEBSITE: BLW Media
Twitch LIVE: MisterFULive
https://www.twitch.tv/misterfulive
PSN: MisterFuLIVE
Also, please feel free to Subscribe to our channel and Share our Videos
Thanks and enjoy!!!
Check out our Instagram @
https://www.instagram.com/belikewater...
Check out our Twitter @
https://twitter.com/blwmedia

WOW, happening in CA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2020, 02:33 PM

4,049 posts, read 2,740,213 times
Well people aren't packed together without masks breathing all over one another. He should have done this earlier and maybe some of those places he has held rallies in wouldn't have seen their covid numbers shoot up a week later.

Old 11-01-2020, 02:42 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 1 day ago)

35,580 posts, read 17,927,273 times
Hmmm. Thoughts.

I'm thinking back through US history, of when huge throngs met up for parades.

I can't think of another time, when huge parades were meant to gloat and divide. I really mean that.

Parades in the past have sought to include and celebrate together.

The Lucky Lindy parades when Lindberg made his historic flight; the end of WWII when people poured into the streets and first celebrated spontaneously and then later in organized parades, and the parades that greeted the moon landing astronauts.

When you watch those earlier gatherings, it's unbridled joy, for everyone.

These feel different. There is a clear effort to inflate the numbers of participants, and the participants are trying to make themselves bigger and louder than they are, to state 'we're bigger than you, and we're going to beat you'.

Here's a question - does anyone - I'm asking those voting for Trump - get that sweet lovely groundswell of emotion you get when watching the post WWII parades, or the Lindy parades? Does anyone feel peaceful, and rejoiceful watching these shows of brute force and numbers?

Or, is it more the feeling you get when you think about kicking someone you hate in the teeth?

So, those are my thoughts, thanks for asking.

Last edited by ClaraC; 11-01-2020 at 02:58 PM..

Old 11-01-2020, 02:43 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,358,607 times
Cars dont vote.

Old 11-01-2020, 03:07 PM

4,958 posts, read 2,234,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IapmfPfbDxI

Check out our WEBSITE: BLW Media
Twitch LIVE: MisterFULive
https://www.twitch.tv/misterfulive
PSN: MisterFuLIVE
Also, please feel free to Subscribe to our channel and Share our Videos
Thanks and enjoy!!!
Check out our Instagram @
https://www.instagram.com/belikewater...
Check out our Twitter @
https://twitter.com/blwmedia

WOW, happening in CA
When dining out this afternoon we saw two elderly ladies waving a Trump flag from their convertible. There was a Trump rally last week where dozens and dozens of cars drove the streets with Trump flags. Not one of them started a fire, stole a TV, or assaulted an elderly Biden supporter.

The gaslighters will accuse them of being divisive, but I thought it was pretty damn cool.

Old 11-01-2020, 03:08 PM

4,958 posts, read 2,234,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Cars dont vote.
But the people that drive them do. Similar to how a gun works.

Old 11-01-2020, 03:11 PM

17,355 posts, read 14,613,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Hmmm. Thoughts.

I can't think of another time, when huge parades were meant to gloat and divide. I really mean that.

The Lucky Lindy parades when Lindberg made his historic flight; the end of WWII when people poured into the streets and first celebrated spontaneously and then later in organized parades, and the parades that greeted the moon landing astronauts.

These feel different. There is a clear effort to inflate the numbers of participants, and the participants are trying to make themselves bigger and louder than they are, to state 'we're bigger than you, and we're going to beat you'.

Here's a question - does anyone - I'm asking those voting for Trump - get that sweet lovely groundswell of emotion you get when watching the post WWII parades, or the Lindy parades? Does anyone feel peaceful, and rejoiceful watching these shows of brute force and numbers?

Or, is it more the feeling you get when you think about kicking someone you hate in the teeth?

I have several friends who've attended these big Trump car/boat rallies that were totally organized grass roots style.

The general consensus is an overwhelming feeling of camaraderie, friendship and patriotism when attending.

Old 11-01-2020, 03:14 PM

7,922 posts, read 9,146,005 times
I am not sure why there is an issue with this by Biden supporters. These Trump supporters are having a socially distant event in support of their candidate.

It is not a parade to celebrate a significant historical event so I don't get why Clara would make that comparison.

It is nothing more or less than a responsible show of support for a candidate during covid.

So what is the issue with it?

Old 11-01-2020, 03:19 PM

9,617 posts, read 6,060,434 times
Boat rallies a number of places this summer.

Then we have to condemn all of the protests as super spreader events as well. A mainly at high risk population crowded together, screaming etc. No ways those did not factosr in the summer jump of Covid-19.

We just have to take normal, voluntary precautions and let other folks lead their lives as well. All things pass in time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sindey View Post
Well people aren't packed together without masks breathing all over one another. He should have done this earlier and maybe some of those places he has held rallies in wouldn't have seen their covid numbers shoot up a week later.

Old 11-01-2020, 03:22 PM

5,267 posts, read 4,177,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Hmmm. Thoughts.

No need to feel excluded. I’m sure they’d be happy if you joined them and waved a beautiful American flag.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies