Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2020, 05:45 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,125,410 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spot View Post
I’m thinking a nice steak dinner and a movie night on Wednesday. It will be nice to turn on the TV soon and not have to listen to Trump’s lies anymore.
Spot, I was JUST thinking of posting this myself.

I agree, a very nice dinner, and some telephone calls to like-minded friends.

By the way, we'll still have to listen to his lies for a while, though. Also, we'll have to listen to him blaming everyone for the loss.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2020, 05:47 PM

18,948 posts, read 43,421,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegasrollingstone View Post
I will call my Trump supporter friends and let them know that everything is going to be okay. Time for America to move forward together.
Together? You are dreaming! This country is going to get more divided, no matter which one of them wins.

Old 11-01-2020, 05:55 PM

8,609 posts, read 2,295,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fivenine View Post
If Biden wins load up my computer and monitor this forum because just like a train wreck or a tornado tearing through a town you can't just stop watching it. If Trump wins, take a very short break from City-Data and let the Trump supporters have their moment before coming back to debate issues and throw in a little bit of trolling just for fun.

In the real world, life goes on regardless of what happens Tuesday night, or this week, or during the whole period between Nov 3rd and January 20th, or whenever the election is decided. I will work together with Trump, Biden, or Apolitical voters to do what needs to be done for small-town Kentucky society to continue churning.
I like the way you're thinking.

I'm kind of old. I've seen Republican Presidents, and Democrat ones. I've voted for both. Either way, I'm going to wake up and be glad that God gave me another day, and do the best I can with it. Love and respect those I'm with everyday, and see if we can do better every day.

Don't most people do that?

I mean, I never voted for Obama - Sarah Palin was a joke - but he was still MY President. For 8 years.

Old 11-01-2020, 05:56 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,466,073 times
Quote:
What Will You Do To Celebrate?
I have some leftover 4th of July fireworks I'll set off at the park down the street.

Old 11-01-2020, 05:57 PM

29,193 posts, read 14,465,656 times
I'll be disappointed, but other than that, life will go on. Things can and will eventually change. Sometimes it benefits us, other times it doesn't. Life has been great these past 4 years, we will see how the next 4 will be.

Old 11-01-2020, 05:58 PM

5,684 posts, read 4,627,226 times
Posting just so I can find this thread easily on Tuesday night.

Old 11-01-2020, 06:01 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,223,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
I'll be disappointed, but other than that, life will go on. Things can and will eventually change. Sometimes it benefits us, other times it doesn't. Life has been great these past 4 years, we will see how the next 4 will be.
Common sense and decency? You know that's illegal here , right?

Anyway, thank you for being one of the sane adults posting here.

Old 11-01-2020, 06:16 PM

178 posts, read 81,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
Together? You are dreaming! This country is going to get more divided, no matter which one of them wins.

The divide was the result of Libs.

Started looting, burning and violence started with Obama and Baltimore.
The the Libs used it like a tool with their war against Trump.

Old 11-01-2020, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Board up my window, load up my weapons, and wait for the liberal riots

The national guard can only do so much to stop BLM and Antifa
You know, I could see serious issues from the left/non-Trump voters.

If they lose, there will definitely be riots. For a long time.

If they win, there will be destructive celebrations, like when the Red Sox or Cubs or Eagles finally won titles, except nationwide.

If they win, the Antifa types and likely many others, will feel it is their right to harass anyone they believe voted for Trump can be subjected to physical or property harm. Not all of them, but many. And it seems the mayors and some Governors in those places will be happy about the election and give them a free pass anytime they can.

I mean, surely, vandalism and actual arson to buildings will be stopped, right?

Old 11-01-2020, 06:42 PM

it's kind of odd. As fubared as 2020 has been, as much bizarro world as it has been, as much "no way that happens" has occurred ... what happens if Biden DOESN'T win?

hard to even think about such a thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies