Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2020, 07:56 PM

2,707 posts, read 1,033,227 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Trump will be president tomorrow when this edict takes hold soooooooo...

It's beyond your grasp just back to the crayons and coloring book.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2020, 07:58 PM

21,121 posts, read 19,707,707 times
Gretchen Whitmer 517-373-3400

https://www.michigan.gov/whitmer/0,9...663---,00.html

Old 11-01-2020, 07:59 PM

4,169 posts, read 2,141,328 times
Quote:
It's completely immoral for the State to require such practices from business owners.

However

If you go inside a private establishment and the owner (or agent of the owner) asks you for your name, your number, if you like turtles, etc. as a condition on being oh his/her property you either comply or leave.
As long as they do not require me to show them id, that is fine by me. They just get fake information, i do same thing when i enter some building that requires you to sign in like city hall. Instead of arguing i just put some bs information.

Old 11-01-2020, 08:00 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,357,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriotic Dissent View Post
It's beyond your grasp just back to the crayons and coloring book.
Yeah, I'm consistent in pointing out how oppressive all State agents are no matter the letter by their name.

So while you have to give your name in Detroit to get a beer down the road in Toledo under DeWine (R) you can't even get a beer after 10 pm.

Which crack of the whip on your back is less painful?

Old 11-01-2020, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by looker009 View Post
As long as they do not require me to show them id, that is fine by me. They just get fake information, i do same thing when i enter some building that requires you to sign in like city hall. Instead of arguing i just put some bs information.
City Hall is a public building which means it has no owner.

When you enter a private establishment and they request your name if you knowingly and willfully give them a false one that is fraud which is a form of violence against the property owner.

I'd clean that up if I were you.

Old 11-01-2020, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
I bet if you call that number Goebbels answers the phone.

Old 11-01-2020, 08:07 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,365,659 times
LOL. People are weird.

Odds are those businesses mostly know this already from the CC's used, to the ID that your phone sends out regularly. And youre worried about....knowingly giving it to them....vs them just knowing it?

Topics like this make me realize how little people realized they are tracked. Fun fact, if there is a outbreak and the government REALLY wanted to know they could pull a vast number of the license plates of every car at a location. A ton of tow trucks, and other vehicles have license plate scanners these days. Heck my local police force has used facial recognition to catch people.

Old 11-01-2020, 08:08 PM

Quote:
City Hall is a public building which means it has no owner.

When you enter a private establishment and they request your name if you knowingly and willfully give them a false one that is fraud which is a form of violence against the property owner.

I'd clean that up if I were you.

Fraud? Nice try. It's like being told i must show my receipt at the exit after i made a purchase because it's the store policy.

Old 11-01-2020, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
LOL. People are weird.

Odds are those businesses mostly know this already from the CC's used, to the ID that your phone sends out regularly. And youre worried about....knowingly giving it to them....vs them just knowing it?

Topics like this make me realize how little people realized they are tracked. Fun fact, if there is a outbreak and the government REALLY wanted to know they could pull a vast number of the license plates of every car at a location. A ton of tow trucks, and other vehicles have license plate scanners these days. Heck my local police force has used facial recognition to catch people.

My car is registered on a business. It will give nothing but business name. Sure they can get information from cell tower and find out who was in say 1 mile radius but that will not really tell them much else. I pay cash so no credit card information on me. My google tracking etc is all off.

Old 11-01-2020, 08:12 PM

20,955 posts, read 5,545,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by looker009 View Post

Isn't it just sad how the left has forced us to become liars? But, yes, I will lie my ass off when someone is demanding something from me that is none of their damn business.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies