Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2020, 03:50 AM

34,279 posts, read 19,371,187 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Michigan, East German, STASI style Police State. Total Communists. Whitmer needs to be in jail or worse.

Oh get over it. Its information to let you know if youve been exposed so you can act like a responsible human being in a pandemic. Shes not putting your grandma against the wall, shes trying to protect them! Whats wrong with you folks? Or worse? Just stop it with that nonsense, I think weve all had enough terrorism for the moment dont you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2020, 04:12 AM

4,861 posts, read 9,310,229 times
This is not an executive order from the Governor, it came from the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services.

I am a conservative and this doesn't bother me. I give restaurants much more information than this when I use my credit or debit card and I know that the people working in these places couldn't really care less what my name and phone number are, they're just doing what they were told to do. They also need their jobs and I'm concerned that there may be people who will stop eating out over this or harass restaurant employees when asked for this information.

Old 11-02-2020, 04:16 AM

3,602 posts, read 2,308,178 times
It is the procedure here in NSW. We have an app that we scan and enter information. Some places still have a manual sheet. Yes we know that quite a lot of people enter false details but this procedure enables proper tracing.

It is the success of the tracers that have enabled our state to squash the virus and we feel the procedure is worth the outcome. I think we have had 54 deaths in our state of eight million people.

Old 11-02-2020, 05:32 AM

17,004 posts, read 12,592,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
The only thing they would get from me is a middle finger and a view of my ass as I walk out the door.
Abuse the idiot governor, not some low level restaurant employee.

Old 11-02-2020, 05:46 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,381,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Michigan is now requiring bars and restaurants to collect and store the names and numbers of their customers:

https://www.fox17online.com/news/cor...tarting-monday

Is this justified to track COVID? Would you go to a bar or restaurant if they did this?
Contact tracing is really important. YES, I would absolutely want to know if I was in a restaurant at the same time as an infected person or persons. That's why we haven't been into a restaurant or bar since Feb.

How else would you do it?

What's the risk, in your estimation?

Old 11-02-2020, 05:51 AM

1,640 posts, read 1,645,551 times
Communist control ! The idiotic Michigans have voted for. They will be living under 100% surveillance like in China, the country loved by Biden and Kemala, even when the sit in the toilet and wipe their ass, if they can find toilet paper. They deserve it !

Old 11-02-2020, 05:56 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,503,704 times
Quote:
Michigan is now requiring bars and restaurants to collect and store the names and numbers of their customers:

https://www.fox17online.com/news/cor...tarting-monday

Is this justified to track COVID? Would you go to a bar or restaurant if they did this?
Here in Virginia, they’re doing that - I have to give my name and phone number. I don’t particularly like it, but after months of not being allowed to go to a restaurant at all, it’s a small annoyance for the pleasure of joining a friend for an hour of conversation and a restaurant meal.

My fear is that if Biden wins, the restaurants will be forced closed again - and the ones that survived this far (restaurants near me were selling toilet paper and household goods to survive) will fail.

Old 11-02-2020, 05:57 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,591,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Contact tracing is really important. YES, I would absolutely want to know if I was in a restaurant at the same time as an infected person or persons. That's why we haven't been into a restaurant or bar since Feb.

How else would you do it?

What's the risk, in your estimation?
I think you could have an alternative like listing the bars or restaurants that had an exposure with the date and time the person was there. That way people could go check instead of collecting personal information.
Moderators for US and World Forums

Old 11-02-2020, 05:58 AM

Bunch of delicate snowflakes in here.

What exactly do you all figure the "big, bad" government is going to do with your contact info? Crank call you?

Old 11-02-2020, 05:59 AM

Quote:
I think you could have an alternative like listing the bars or restaurants that had an exposure with the date and time the person was there. That way people could go check instead of collecting personal information.
You figure broadcasting that info far and wide is better or worse for the small business in question?

Again, what are you afraid will happen if they have your contact information?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies