Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2020, 07:02 PM

4,067 posts, read 2,272,983 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
All statistics show that more violence is coming from right-wing, not left-wing. And any rioting NOW is happening under Trump, not Biden.
Seriously Clarallel? Your posts are really going downhill fast.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2020, 07:06 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,068,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill_Schramm View Post
There is a clear difference in quality and quantity of “lying.” All politicians are aware of representation. They choose their words carefully. They spin. It’s part of the job.

On the other hand, it is totally aberrant to emit a semi-constant verbal diarrhea of lies, distortions and gross exaggerations. Apparently, Trump told a bunch of seniors a few days ago that, under Biden, there would be no more air-conditioning or heating. Just one of thousands of outrageous whoppers.
You know what?

Biden wouldn’t know that truth if it kissed him on the mouth.

Biden has lied about Hunter, about China, about oil, about jobs, about Trump, about blacks, about his whole life story.

Furthermore, in another reply to me within the last 24 hours, you said basically Trump is Hitler.

Sorry, once you get to “Trump is Hitler”, you have lost the argument.

Old 11-02-2020, 07:17 PM

2,001 posts, read 760,597 times
Quote:
I don't mean the usual presidential lies. All presidents lie a little, even the best, often for good reasons. Carter was probably the most truthful president of modern times, and he was voted out. FDR lied to edge us into helping the Allies in WWII.

So I'm talking about Trump and his 22,000 lies. Here's an example.

Rallies Are the Core of Trump’s Campaign, and a Font of Lies and Misinformation
A recent rally in Wisconsin was typical. In 90 minutes, President Trump made 131 false or inaccurate statements.

By Linda Qiu and Michael D. Shear

Over the course of the next 87 minutes, the president made another 130 false or inaccurate statements. Many were entirely made up. Others were casual misstatements of simple facts, some clearly intended to mislead. He lied about his own record and that of his opponent. He made wild exaggerations that violate even the pliable limits of standard political hyperbole...

A detailed examination of his statements in Janesville by The New York Times found that more than three-quarters of the president’s assertions were either false, misleading, exaggerated, disputed or lacked evidence. Less than a quarter were true.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/26/u...p-rallies.html

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com...w/78886352.cms

If you want some specifics, scroll down to:
He claimed to have enacted the “biggest tax cut in history”
That’s your big lie.

You do realize, that was the largest CORPORATE tax cut in USHistory right?

If that’s the measure by which these 22,000 lies is established, how many are Biden/Harris up to?

Old 11-02-2020, 07:25 PM

30,063 posts, read 18,658,465 times
Quote:
I don't mean the usual presidential lies. All presidents lie a little, even the best, often for good reasons. Carter was probably the most truthful president of modern times, and he was voted out. FDR lied to edge us into helping the Allies in WWII.

A recent rally in Wisconsin was typical. In 90 minutes, President Trump made 131 false or inaccurate statements.

Over the course of the next 87 minutes, the president made another 130 false or inaccurate statements. Many were entirely made up. Others were casual misstatements of simple facts, some clearly intended to mislead. He lied about his own record and that of his opponent. He made wild exaggerations that violate even the pliable limits of standard political hyperbole...

A detailed examination of his statements in Janesville by The New York Times found that more than three-quarters of the president’s assertions were either false, misleading, exaggerated, disputed or lacked evidence. Less than a quarter were true.

Hilarious-

A liberal talking about lies!

The most substantive parts of the dem campaign was based on three completely false, concocted absurd lies:

"injecting chlorox"
"losers and idiots"
"Russian conspiracy"

Then, when the DNC realized Joe lost the election:

"Hunter has done nothing wrong"
"Russian smear campaign"
"I will say what I will do after the election"
"I wont stop fracking. I will end fossil fuels by 2035"
"The green new deal will create jobs. It will not cost $90 trillion"
"China is not a threat"
"I did not support BLM violence"
"I did not support the 1995 crime bill"
"I will end the corona pandemic"

Old 11-02-2020, 07:34 PM

1,969 posts, read 544,142 times
Quote:
As far as I know, there have never been any solid accusations against Biden that went to court. Trump, on the other hand, has had many. In fact, I think he may be the only president to have had an on-going court case unrelated to the presidency. I believe he's been involved in about 3,000 lawsuits. That should tell you something right there.
i take offense to anyone being referred to as a pedo unless they have been found guilty of it, or its somehow a fact.

its a horrible sickness/mental disorder that should not be taken lightly and thrown around like the word jerk.

to my knowledge, joe hasnt even been formally, or otherwise, accused of such a thing.
so lets keep it classy and lay off the dementia and pervert mudslinging.

Joe is just terrible candidate all on his own without being called those names.

Old 11-02-2020, 07:35 PM

Quote:
All statistics show that more violence is coming from right-wing, not left-wing. And any rioting NOW is happening under Trump, not Biden.
weak sauce right here!

Old 11-02-2020, 07:36 PM

2,821 posts, read 2,109,791 times
Some 24 hours of hope left for the Left.

Old 11-02-2020, 07:38 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,623,058 times
Quote:

How is it that this sort of thing only applies to president Trump? Obama, and Biden under Obama and now on his own lie and it doesn't only not mystify you but you vote for these people.

The leftists double standard in this and so many other things are just blatant and amazing.

Old 11-02-2020, 07:48 PM

78,366 posts, read 60,566,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Nothing good. I man...sure all politicians lie is a common phrase...but...not like this. This is insane next level not in reality nonsense. If we ever get another candidate that does it like this and we accept it, we are doomed as a country.
I agree Trump took it to a new level, like pointing to the sky and saying it's green.

Pretty much one of the big reasons I voted for Biden.

Old 11-02-2020, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
TDS 2.0 already starting. Lol
shoot, the TDS is going to mutate into something so viral, so contageous, they will need to self quaranteen for 4 years if our hero trump wins!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies