Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2020, 05:26 AM

4,861 posts, read 9,309,027 times

Advertisements

Most of my friends and family members are Evangelical Christians and not a one of them would vote for Biden, nor did they vote for Hillary. It's pretty obvious that abortion, all abortion but especially full term abortion, is against everything that Jesus stood for. I can't even imagine how the Dems like Biden and Pelosi who claim to practice Roman Catholicism reconcile their evil agenda with Biblical doctrine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2020, 05:46 AM

13,684 posts, read 9,007,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
That is simply because banning abortion is by the no. 1 political issue with those people.

Now that President Trump has three justices on the Court, I believe that some of these 'single issue' anti abortion people (like one of my sisters) will either not bother to vote, or leave the Presidential choice blank.

Said sister intensely dislikes Mr. Trump, but so long as he was against abortion and promised to put justices on the court, she would vote for him again. Yet, now with Justice Barrett on the court, and everyone yelping about a 6-3 court, she told me she doesn't care if he is re-elected, and certainly would not vote for him (or for Biden).

That is just one person. But I bet a percentage of her demographic (69 years old, Christian, retired, etc) feels the same. Why risk Covid 19 by going to the polls?

It is why I felt that Mr. Trump should have made that vacant seat a campaign issue; vote for me and I will put on a conservative justice. Yet, I bet that Senator McConnell is behind the push to confirm prior to election, he not liking the way the wind is blowing.

Old 11-02-2020, 05:54 AM

59,040 posts, read 27,298,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicSmallHome View Post
It's refreshing to see that some people of faith are finding the courage to consult their own conscience.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/white...b6ba9eb6e89d7d
huffpost, realy!

Old 11-02-2020, 06:02 AM

5,278 posts, read 6,211,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canudigit View Post
Most of my friends and family members are Evangelical Christians and not a one of them would vote for Biden, nor did they vote for Hillary. It's pretty obvious that abortion, all abortion but especially full term abortion, is against everything that Jesus stood for. I can't even imagine how the Dems like Biden and Pelosi who claim to practice Roman Catholicism reconcile their evil agenda with Biblical doctrine.
The Catholic Church has never distinguished between types of abortion (except those related to the health of the mother) so nice try... And it's church doctrine not Biblical doctrine. You also have to take into account the Catholic Church is against birth control, artificial insemination, most wars, euthanasia, and neglecting the poor. They have also spoken out against Trumps immigration policy and against obvious and sublte forms of racism. Voting 'as a Catholic' is basically a near impossible task. It's getting to be humorous how much non-Catholics fetishize the Catholic Church's stance n abortion while ignoring the church entirely on every other issue.

Old 11-02-2020, 06:03 AM

4,861 posts, read 9,309,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
huffpost, realy!
I know, lol. Because if the Huffington Post said it, and especially if it involves Evangelical Christians which they despise, then it must be true.

Old 11-02-2020, 06:08 AM

19,219 posts, read 17,088,442 times
Religion and politics are a terrible mix and were voting for a political leader not a spiritual one, too many forget that...

Old 11-02-2020, 06:10 AM

8,381 posts, read 4,366,655 times
How any true christian can take a fanatical stand on abortion while looking the other way on every other moral issue is beyond me.

Old 11-02-2020, 06:25 AM

30,063 posts, read 18,663,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicSmallHome View Post
It's refreshing to see that some people of faith are finding the courage to consult their own conscience.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/white...b6ba9eb6e89d7d
Keep hoping-

You have two more days of fantasy in which there is a Biden presidency. Your hopes will be dashed later on Tuesday evening when you realize that all the polls and the liberal propaganda misled you (again).

Reality will set in for libs on Wednesday morning and if you open your door, you will be able to hear the audible teeth gnashing coming from either coast.

Old 11-02-2020, 06:28 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,915,269 times
You folks seriously believe this. The only "Christians" supporting Biden are liberal ones who have voted left for years.

Old 11-02-2020, 06:36 AM

12,386 posts, read 8,149,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
How any true christian can take a fanatical stand on abortion while looking the other way on every other moral issue is beyond me.
It has to do with killing versus doing what King David did before setting up a murder. The person cheated on has the ability to recover, the dead not so much don't you think.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies