Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2020, 07:25 AM

12,970 posts, read 9,656,695 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
I'm not a conservative, I'm not voting.

But I think Trump is the better choice.

More to the matter, if Biden wins it will be the total victory of wall street and the service sector over the populist wave.

Neocons will overtake the Republican party (the lincoln project) and Biden/Obama wing of the democrats will dominate.

Why do you think Wall Street is raising money for Biden/Harris?

They are not worried about taxes, they want power, which is what Biden will give them.

Then why even worry about it at all if you are not voting. If you believe Trump is a better choice, and Biden is not the one, but yet don't get out and vote, why worry what people do after the fact.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2020, 07:25 AM

9,434 posts, read 4,253,620 times
Quote:
I will be depressed to see that blood shot monster be elevated to the office of president for hiding in his basement and helping Obama poison flint Michigan but calling himself their savior.

But will democrats on CD brag or celebrate, or will they accept that this is a terrible predicament and that there is nothing to be happy about?
When you refer to someone as a bloodshot monster it offends. Just sayin

Old 11-02-2020, 07:29 AM

15,507 posts, read 6,432,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
Then why even worry about it at all if you are not voting. If you believe Trump is a better choice, and Biden is not the one, but yet don't get out and vote, why worry what people do after the fact.
I'm registered in Maryland, my vote won't matter.

Old 11-02-2020, 07:33 AM

15,507 posts, read 6,432,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
He is, look at his face.

I see an angry opportunist who worked his entire career to help credit card companies in Delaware off-shore and bankrupt jobs in Scranton then cynically call himself a child of Scranton.

Does a man ever get more evil or selfish that he believes himself to be your friendly uncle when his entire career was used to destroy your life?

I see a mean spirit old man who is clinging to power well past his time with the help of his abusive wife.

Yet so many Americans look at this man and see him as a symbol of decency.

And that comes from ads funded by the Lincoln project, a group dedicated of Iraq War boosters, the one's who supercharged the modern Jihadist movement.

These people aren't symbols of American democracy, they are monsters, the worst scum in this country.

Old 11-02-2020, 07:36 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Quote:
I will be depressed to see that blood shot monster be elevated to the office of president for hiding in his basement and helping Obama poison flint Michigan but calling himself their savior.

But will democrats on CD brag or celebrate, or will they accept that this is a terrible predicament and that there is nothing to be happy about?
Some who support the winner brag/ provoke on CD and other social media. Been happening in the past 2-3 elections, as social media has matured. Some of those who supported the loser will claim voter fraud and never accept the outcome. It’s as bipartisan as it gets.

There were some frequent posters to this forum who, in 2016, posted they would engage in an armed revolution if Hillary won. People post a lot of stuff on social media.

I do not understand how people’s self esteem and emotional stability become intertwined with their pick. Don’t understand how so many people allow themselves and their emotional state to be manipulated by stuff posted on social media.

Only thing any of us really control is our own reactions.

Old 11-02-2020, 07:37 AM

7,195 posts, read 5,727,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Worse than brag. They’ll GLOAT. and they’ll also mock anyone who voted for Trump - and it will go on for months.
I mean, so far it's been four years and the Trumpers are still gloating and mocking, so... :shrug:

Old 11-02-2020, 07:37 AM

2,029 posts, read 2,361,633 times
Quote:

I will cry from relief and thank God that it is over. 4 years of childish insulting tweets, turbulent government, lie after lie, denial of covid, cozying up to dictators, using the office of the presidency as his personal vehicle for business, calling our military losers and suckers, divisiveness and hate, manipulating the DOJ and ignoring our intelligence community, having a freak show in the white house made up of an adulterer and a former nude model, listening to an egotist and narcissistic con man is enough. No bragging, just a visit to church and a lighting of a candle. Nor will I gloat when the southern district of New York arrests him for tax fraud.

Old 11-02-2020, 07:39 AM

7,195 posts, read 5,727,017 times
I think there will be some gloating for a few weeks, then it will fizzle out. In reality, everyone just wants to get back to normal.

Old 11-02-2020, 07:40 AM

5,715 posts, read 15,045,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
sorry... I couldn't help myself...

[@youtube]aHQ2UjCOZKM[@/youtube]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHQ2UjCOZKM

Old 11-02-2020, 07:43 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,503,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherTouchOfWhimsy View Post
I mean, so far it's been four years and the Trumpers are still gloating and mocking, so... :shrug:
No they’re not. Most people who voted for Trump keep it to themselves so as to not be called Nazi and moron and scum by liberals. They’ve had enough with the demonization.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies