Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2020, 09:21 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,368,692 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
read about the water crisis:

He, Snyder and Obama all went to Flint to celebrate Biden's coming victory.
I'm from MI, I was asking much more about the "causing" the problems with Flint's water than I was about any "celebration".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2020, 09:26 AM

9,468 posts, read 10,793,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
Hence the "shy" Trump voter. If there is a red wave no doubt some on the Left that will make life difficult for Trump supporters. Be they family, co-workers or neighbors.

The Holiday Season is just around the corner. If Trump wins I've told my wife not to mention we voted for him. Just say we supported Biden and get off the subject of politics.
It is sad that leftists brown shirts have threatened and frightened conservatives into silence in the United States of America. What you describe is the very definition of living in fear.

Why would anyone who loves democracy and freedom support people who are doing these things? They are punishing people for their politics. They decide what is and is not “politically correct”. What country is this?

Old 11-02-2020, 09:32 AM

1,768 posts, read 567,243 times
Well, I don’t expect Biden to win because it’s 2020 so of course the worst possible outcome will happen. But if he does win, I’ll just breathe a sigh of relief.

Old 11-02-2020, 09:33 AM

4,135 posts, read 2,834,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Are you kidding me? I don’t tell Biden voters that they will “reap what they sow” as if they are evil people!
sigh... here is what you posted

Quote:
^^^ An example of what I’m talking about. The leftists are going to be insufferable with their sanctimony and holier-than-thou attitudes.
No, I've never seen you post "you'll reap what you sow" but you are certainly guilty of the bolded. When you posted that, I laughed out loud.

Quote:
A big reason I don’t want anything to do with liberals is the nasty comments they’ve thrown at anyone who refuses to submit and vote for whom they demand. I’ve been called a Nazi sympathizer (by a leftist who knows I lost grandparents to Hitler) as well as being told by a leftist that he was sorry I hadn’t been killed - and everything in-between. I was even called “immoral scum”! I never realized how hateful and intolerant liberals are of different opinions until I become active on social media and heard for myself.
I have no idea what you are on about here so, doesn't concern me, take it up with those posters.

Old 11-02-2020, 09:34 AM

10,089 posts, read 6,418,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
Some posters are just so nasty. They name all in the most horrible way and have attacked candidates in unfair ways. Comparing candidates to animals, prostitutes, sexual deviants and even worse. They also attack other posters in equally mean ways. Their hubris is hard to read here.
Anyone who posts here knows who these posters are.
I do hope they feel shamed and others feel vindicated. I expect to see threads pointing out the falsehoods.
This could be a wonderful opportunity to upgrade your belief system to be more fact based and to appreciate which sources of information are better at reporting the truth. Hindsight is only 20/20 if you care to look back.
You're an optimist if you think those posters will ever change. And believe me, if Trump is re-elected, they will only double down on their reprehensible behavior. It will be open season on anyone who isn't a full scale Trump supporter in this forum for the next 3.5 years, depending on who the next Democratic candidate is.

Old 11-02-2020, 10:12 AM

25,436 posts, read 9,793,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungalove View Post
You're an optimist if you think those posters will ever change. And believe me, if Trump is re-elected, they will only double down on their reprehensible behavior. It will be open season on anyone who isn't a full scale Trump supporter in this forum for the next 3.5 years, depending on who the next Democratic candidate is.
Yeah, not sure how much of the forum I'll be able to stomach if Trump wins again.

Old 11-02-2020, 10:16 AM

46,943 posts, read 25,964,420 times
Quote:
I will be depressed to see that blood shot monster be elevated to the office of president for hiding in his basement and helping Obama poison flint Michigan but calling himself their savior.

But will democrats on CD brag or celebrate, or will they accept that this is a terrible predicament and that there is nothing to be happy about?
I'm sure they'll follow the examples of decorum and sober moderation demonstrated by Trump's followers.

Old 11-02-2020, 10:17 AM

14,756 posts, read 8,090,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poseidon3290 View Post
Not this democrat. I can't wait till we can talk about anything else other than the election.
It will be so good not to have to hear about Trump 24/7 and all his horrible tweets, name calling and bragging.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
This is a good place to write a prediction.

I'm thinking at this point it's most likely Trump will win, but here's what I'm predicting if Biden wins.

An IMMEDIATE reaction of, ok, now, can we all PLEASE GET ALONG AGAIN? Can we all come together as a country, and stop warring with one another? Can we all put this behind us, and move forward?

We'll see. Shortly.
^This. Its what we need as a nation.
Quote:
I'm not a conservative, I'm not voting.

But I think Trump is the better choice.
If you don't bother to vote, then you really have no right to complain.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justabystander View Post
I will cry from relief and thank God that it is over. 4 years of childish insulting tweets, turbulent government, lie after lie, denial of covid, cozying up to dictators, using the office of the presidency as his personal vehicle for business, calling our military losers and suckers, divisiveness and hate, manipulating the DOJ and ignoring our intelligence community, having a freak show in the white house made up of an adulterer and a former nude model, listening to an egotist and narcissistic con man is enough. No bragging, just a visit to church and a lighting of a candle. Nor will I gloat when the southern district of New York arrests him for tax fraud.
Yes. This.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
I won't brag or gloat, but I will certainly celebrate. Because if Biden wins, it means that the forces of reason have defeated the forces of ignorance. It will mean that Democracy has defeated Authoritarianism. It will mean civility won out over boorishness. Truth will have defeated lies.

If Biden wins it will be an historic event, the day America turned from the path towards fascism that Trump is taking us down.
Exactly. Well said.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justabystander View Post
Sorry, I happen to be a well read educated lawyer who thoroughly investigates what I write and feels so sorry for internet readers like yourself. Nothing transparent about a guy who steers business his way, has such ADHD that he can't sit for a white house briefing, has his niece, and every cabinet member he has ever had turn on him and write a book about his disastrous presidency, and has covid infect the streets while I listen to this guy who tells us "we have rounded the corner" at maskless rallies who have killed 700 so far. Do you know anyone who has died from covid? I do, and directly blame Mr. Transparent who didn't want to "panic" the public. As a result, I resent all of you who support this pathological liar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
I understand your anger but not the nasty name calling. You only stoke the fire and make people like me want to prove you wrong.
Do you have to go so low with such inflammatory words. Now how do you think it feels when the object of those comments is me?
The OP is always starting posts talking about how awful America is, and how terrible American people are.
If you hate our country, perhaps you should just get the he$$ out! (That is unless you aren't even here to begin with.)

Old 11-02-2020, 10:31 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,701,211 times
Spending four years "owning the cons"? I find this entire thread laughable. IF Biden wins, not only would we get to "own the cons", we get to say that every sleazy thing a Democrat says about Trump supporters is just trolling.

Old 11-02-2020, 10:43 AM

5,715 posts, read 15,041,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmccormick71 View Post
Well, I don’t expect Biden to win because it’s 2020 so of course the worst possible outcome will happen.
But if Biden does win, I’ll just breathe a sigh of relief.
^^^ agree with what he said

Last edited by World Citizen; 11-02-2020 at 10:59 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies