Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2020, 11:25 PM
bu2

24,093 posts, read 14,879,963 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Bear View Post
Trump followers are tribal. We saw that over the weekend with their road rage behavior. They know full well that they could go to jail for a long, long time for violating peoples constitutional rights, but they did it anyhow. Nobody is inherently that stupid; just brainwashed and they will vote by the bazillions. Enough to re-elect Trump? Time will tell.

Biden is a weak candidate. The democrats had a number of really brilliant candidates, but they went with the guy who must have "polled" as electable. Better than Hillary, but still a "hold your nose and do what is right" sort of moment when you vote for Biden.

Some sort of "legal" intervention? Trump packed the courts in anticipation of these moments. Could the judges be less than "patriotic"? If they are, it could swing the election against the popular and electoral votes.

I'm going with America is still a good country and we, in the end, will do what our founding fathers wished when they set up the election system.

Otherwise, god help us all.
It was the Biden supporter who rammed the Trump supporter. The Trump supporters were just doing a peaceful protest. As is their right.

Old 11-02-2020, 11:26 PM
bu2

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
For one thing, Joe Biden himself, secondly, not respecting your enemy, thirdly, blindly never coming to terms as to why Hillary lost.
Good point. If you watch Tucker Carlson's piece on Butler, PA, he explains it.

Old 11-02-2020, 11:29 PM
bu2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Waltz View Post
I have seen the same in New Hampshire, and more surprisingly nearby Massachusetts. I think both of these states will go for Biden but if similar support can be found in more purple states it will be tough for the democrats to overcome.

New Hampshire I think will break for Biden despite being so close in 2016 in part because the state has ruled that students taking online courses at our state universities can vote in our election even if they are living out of state. That vote always goes heavily for the democrat.

I'm seeing way more Biden 2020 signs than I saw of Hillary signs in 2016 as well, but I think that's due to an effort by the party to get more signs out on the ground after seeing that the lack of signs was working against them. Trump signs still outnumber Biden signs by 3-1 but a few months back it was about 20-1.

Frankly I'm more worried about our GOP governor getting re-elected since it will have more direct impact on the residents of the state. The dems around here are getting more aggressive about their agenda(due to in-migration from Mass) and there is more support for a state income tax and anti-small business legislation than I've seen in the past.
I saw the same poll show Sununu (R-gov) up about 25 points, Biden up 7-10 and Sheehan (D-Sen) up about 15. A second poll was similar. I think Sununu is quite safe.

Old 11-02-2020, 11:32 PM
bu2

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Biden does not have dementia. You guys just love spreading fake news. Honestly, if we don't get this virus under control our economy will never fully re open.
To deny he has dementia, you have to either be ignorant of the disease or have it yourself. Or you could be lying. You can't look at his ads where he slurs words, his angry outbursts and his rambling like on the View and not understand that he is not always there.

Old 11-02-2020, 11:34 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,717,974 times
Quote:
If Biden loses on Tuesday what contributed to it?
Is there any doubt? They ran a placeholder against Donald Trump

Human being wins

Old 11-02-2020, 11:35 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,412,060 times
Picking Harris as a running mate would be the number one reason. never seen so many turned off by this. I even had to take a deep breathe and cast a regrettable vote for him, hating Harris with a passion.

Old 11-02-2020, 11:38 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,878,006 times
Quote:
I'm not going to make this a poll, just looking for opinions. I don't want to put words in people's mouths. If Trump wins and therefore Biden loses this election what will be the biggest contributing factor to that, in your opinion?
LOL.
He spoke and no one could understand him.

He spoke and people did understand him

People decided that watching him sniff hair and grope women was just too disgusting.

People figured out that he had 47 years to fix problems but only help to create problems.

No one likes Harris

Old 11-03-2020, 12:46 AM

9,049 posts, read 3,522,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post

Failure of the DNC to organize.

The message of what they wanted wasn't communicated well.
They picked a more right candidate in the hopes that it would make Republicans calm down and maybe pick him. It was a vast miscalculation. Next time energize your base with a Bernie.
Maybe. I would say despite their best efforts to hide their real message which will be delivered by Kamala, the people saw it anyway.

Her video she posted to day helped to make it a little clearer for anyone who was in doubt.

Old 11-03-2020, 12:18 PM

13,650 posts, read 9,711,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
The message of what they wanted wasn't communicated well.
They picked a more right candidate in the hopes that it would make Republicans calm down and maybe pick him. It was a vast miscalculation. Next time energize your base with a Bernie.
Bernie would be disastrous for anyone who invests, consults, or wields substantial assets. A Bernie nomination would have thrown left-leaning "coastal elites" into the arms of the Trump coalition, handing the Democrats as stunning defeat.

Indeed, much of the dismay with Biden isn't about Biden personally, or his policies, but the policies of his running-mate, Harris... and the presumptive desires of the faction of the Democratic party that backs her. In some ways, the choice of Kamala Harris compromised Biden, just as the choice of Sarah Palin compromised the late lamented John McCain. I had much sympathy and respect for Mr. McCain, but his choice of Palin substantially ruined it.

To your point, the trouble with the DNC is much the same as the trouble with the RNC... it's gone too far to cater to its "base", to the most shrill and extreme elements. Both parties are bent on out-doing each other, in their hatred of "the elites" and of "globalism". Well, globalism built the modern world. Some of us like globalism, and like the modern world... and want to see more of it, not less.

Biden should have picked an "establishment" Republican for his running-mate, and campaigned as the candidate for sanity, for observation of rules, for decorum and consensus... campaigned as the candidate who's safe for investment, who won't rock the proverbial boat, who won't lambast people just because they went to Harvard and work for a newspaper and live in New York City.

Old 11-03-2020, 12:44 PM

8,302 posts, read 5,702,626 times
Quote:
I'm not going to make this a poll, just looking for opinions. I don't want to put words in people's mouths. If Trump wins and therefore Biden loses this election what will be the biggest contributing factor to that, in your opinion?
Failure to embrace progressive economic/fiscal policies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies