Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-04-2020, 01:37 PM

62,938 posts, read 29,126,415 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
Which is fine. I am not for illegal immigrants coming to any country. Refugees, yes, immigrants following procedures, yes.

But this isn't about that. This is about children who have their parents removed, and then because of incompetence, are now basically orphaned.
And once again, why aren't their parents looking for and claiming them? The incompetence is/was on the part of the parents in the first place and it's shouldn't be our problem to deal with other then shipping them back to Mexico and they can wait for their parents there (if they ever show up).

You say you aren't for illegal immigration and yet you want to reward those here who have managed to evade the law for 10 years. That's just encouraging more illegal immigration.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

22,470 posts, read 11,990,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Because they are CHILDREN, innocent children. Who hardened your heart?
So...Norm. How many of them have you taken into your home? Surely, you can afford to take in a few and pay out of your own pocket for their food, clothing, shelter and medical care. Put your money where your mouth is.

14,227 posts, read 4,590,273 times
Quote:
Come again is right?

None of these people are seeking refuge in Canada.

Canada offering refuge to people already in the US who are not even asking Canada for refuge, is meddling.

Also....these are CHILDREN....they can't speak for themselves.
Um, no they are not. Canada accepted American citizens war dodgers during Vietnam War, but Canada didn't see that as meddling.

Yet, now it is meddling if Canada accepts non-Americans?

Old 11-04-2020, 01:42 PM

36,524 posts, read 30,847,571 times
Quote:
So?

In a situation like this involving children, you have to assume that the adult saying they are the parent, is.
You take names, you keep records or who is who, so when the time comes to deport, you deport them together.

What happened here, if not just plain cruelty, is total incompetence.
No you dont. We dont make those assumptions with our citizens. It is up to parents, guardians to have records. Why do you believe there should be a separate set of rules for children of illegals than for children of citizens.
The parents are arrested. Children dont go to jail with parents. If one wants to avoid separation one should not engage in illegal acts putting their children at risk.

I have had to prove through court documents that I have custody of my grand. The school, cops, doctors, courts, etc. dont assume I am his parent, they require documents.

There have been many cases of children arriving at the border with adults posing as parents when in fact they are not even related. These children are often abused and abandoned once in this country.

Old 11-04-2020, 01:52 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,548,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
Excuse #3 "this isn't about canada"
So according to you. US policy regarding illegal immigrants is about Canada, when Canada is in no way involved in this?

How is this an excuse. Is Canada now responsible for all US policy? That Canada has to fix the issues created by your country?

This is beyond the oddest comment I've ever read on CD.

Old 11-04-2020, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Um, no they are not. Canada accepted American citizens war dodgers during Vietnam War, but Canada didn't see that as meddling.

Yet, now it is meddling if Canada accepts non-Americans?
Totally different scenario.

First those dodgers were adult Americans making a choice of their own, not children.

Second Canada didn't ask them to come. That would be meddling.

What Canada did, which is it's sovereign right, is to accept them as immigrants.

That's making a statement, but not meddling.

Old 11-04-2020, 01:58 PM

Quote:
So?

In a situation like this involving children, you have to assume that the adult saying they are the parent, is.
You take names, you keep records or who is who, so when the time comes to deport, you deport them together.

What happened here, if not just plain cruelty, is total incompetence.
Wtf?!

When I pick up my son at school, i still have to provide proof that i am his parents or legal custody before school can release him to me.

Now you have adults and children from central america, an area is known for human smuggling, seeking asylum at a southern border with no documents. Are you going to trust what they say?

Old 11-04-2020, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
No you dont. We dont make those assumptions with our citizens. It is up to parents, guardians to have records. Why do you believe there should be a separate set of rules for children of illegals than for children of citizens.
The parents are arrested. Children dont go to jail with parents. If one wants to avoid separation one should not engage in illegal acts putting their children at risk.

I have had to prove through court documents that I have custody of my grand. The school, cops, doctors, courts, etc. dont assume I am his parent, they require documents.

There have been many cases of children arriving at the border with adults posing as parents when in fact they are not even related. These children are often abused and abandoned once in this country.
You are losing the direction of the intent of my posts.

I'm sure some parents got arrested, but we are talking about children who YOU DON"T KNOW WHO THE PARENTS ARE.

Whatever the parents did or did not do, does forgive the fact that these children were separated without documenting who they were being separated from.

Blame the adults. Sure. What you are left with are over 500 children who through no fault of their own, are being treated like criminals.

Old 11-04-2020, 02:01 PM

Quote:
So according to you. US policy regarding illegal immigrants is about Canada, when Canada is in no way involved in this?

How is this an excuse. Is Canada now responsible for all US policy? That Canada has to fix the issues created by your country?

This is beyond the oddest comment I've ever read on CD.
That is very un-canadian of you.

Remember, these are innocent children being victimized by homicidal maniac americans. These innocent children need help! Why don't you think of the children? Why don't you open your door and pocket book to help these CHILDREN?

Old 11-04-2020, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Wtf?!

When I pick up my son at school, i still have to provide proof that i am his parents or legal custody before school can release him to me.

Now you have adults and children from central america, an area is known for human smuggling, seeking asylum at a southern border with no documents. Are you going to trust what they say?
Picking up your kids, and being detained at a border are two very different things.

If the adult can not prove the child is theirs, you still document who the child was travelling with. It would at least give you something to work on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies