Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2020, 11:40 AM

3,850 posts, read 2,227,486 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/30/u...ns-mexico.html

There is no excuse, no reason, no anything for deporting children from countries that are not from Mexico. USA has an agreement with Mexico for MEXICAN children who are not with parents, but how can anyone ever be OK with children from another country simply being dumped without any family or support system like this.

How has the USA become so callous, so depraved, so unemphatic that this is official government policy now?
It was evil for someone to bring them here in the first place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2020, 11:43 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Where is your proof of that? Besides put the blame on their parents where it belongs not on the U.S. nor Mexico for their predicament.

If kids come here unaccompanied without their real parents then it's not our fault or responsibility either.
I dont have proof of anything. That information about the pandemic causing ICE to send kids back more quickly and rumors of some kids might have gone to Mexico instead of their home country was from the linked article from NYTs and other articles I read on the subject.
The part about starving kids, and trauma and being taken from their parents and dumped in Mexico came from CD posters.

I'm not putting blame on anyone. I don't see anything wrong has been done. Cross the border illegally and there are consequences. I feel for these kids but other than sending them back I dont feel the US has and obligation to them. Yep I put the responsibility of protecting and providing for kids on their parents.

Old 11-05-2020, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Let's recap.

The US and Mexico had an agreement. Only Mexican children would be sent back to Mexico.

However, since Trump took office, the USA has become a dishonest broker country, who will not abide by treaties, allies, agreements or trade pacts. That trust has been destroyed, and once again, shown how dishonest it is again.

Why do people support ignoring international agreements both or all parties agreed to? What's the use of even talking to the USA if they will just ignore those agreements anyways?

https://www.businessinsider.com/us-i...mexico-2020-10
The bolded is your opinion.
Yes we have an agreement with Mexico.
children being sent to Mexico is a rumor. Children are being sent to their home country.
Please, the pandemic trumps some weak agreement with Mexico. They should not have allowed those people to cross all the way thru Mexico and over the US border. We have an agreement concerning that as well.

Old 11-05-2020, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Let's recap.

The US and Mexico had an agreement. Only Mexican children would be sent back to Mexico.
What agreement is that.

Old 11-05-2020, 12:01 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,594,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
The bolded is your opinion.
Yes we have an agreement with Mexico.
children being sent to Mexico is a rumor. Children are being sent to their home country.
Please, the pandemic trumps some weak agreement with Mexico. They should not have allowed those people to cross all the way thru Mexico and over the US border. We have an agreement concerning that as well.
The only countries that seem to trust Trump and the USA are Russia, Turkey, Hungary, Philippines, North Korea and Brazil.

Guess what they have in common?

Old 11-05-2020, 01:24 PM

Quote:
The only countries that seem to trust Trump and the USA are Russia, Turkey, Hungary, Philippines, North Korea and Brazil.

Guess what they have in common?
Way to not answer the question or address the topic with any facts.

Old 11-05-2020, 01:38 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,873,534 times
Quote:
Yes I remember the days when parents were responsible for their own children, including feeding them. And kids were responsible for their own belongings. If you didnt live up to that responsibility you were just chit out of luck.
Agree. In the bolded case I wasn't allowed to secure my lunch from being stolen but I still had to go without if for any reason even that wasn't my fault I didn't have something.

Old 11-05-2020, 02:16 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,594,827 times
Quote:
Way to not answer the question or address the topic with any facts.
Was I emulating Trump too much?

Old 11-05-2020, 02:23 PM

7,814 posts, read 6,392,163 times
Mexico seems like it should be an appropriate place to put an illegal alien. Certainly more appropriate than the United States

Old 11-05-2020, 02:26 PM

62,952 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
I dont have proof of anything. That information about the pandemic causing ICE to send kids back more quickly and rumors of some kids might have gone to Mexico instead of their home country was from the linked article from NYTs and other articles I read on the subject.
The part about starving kids, and trauma and being taken from their parents and dumped in Mexico came from CD posters.

I'm not putting blame on anyone. I don't see anything wrong has been done. Cross the border illegally and there are consequences. I feel for these kids but other than sending them back I dont feel the US has and obligation to them. Yep I put the responsibility of protecting and providing for kids on their parents.
Those CD posters making claims of starving kids are bogus. No one has been separated from their kids while the parents remain here and their kids dumped in Mexico either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies