Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2020, 10:10 AM

10,097 posts, read 7,763,936 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I feel pretty good about Trump's chances but with the swing state of Pennsylvania allowing mail in ballots to be post marked today which means they might not even arrive to be counted by the end of the week the Democrats might "find" just what they need.

Trump deserves to win this. He has been a great President that has worked at fulfilling his campaign pledges and has succeeded despite the crushing grind of the Democrats and their propaganda machines the mass media.

Trump is the hardest working man in Politics whereas Biden is coasting and expecting our votes.
Of course with the way the Democrats have been acting since 2016, like rotten brats, they don't deserve to win anything.
So true. I feel the same way. Just look how hard Trump has worked and busted his butt with these rallies to try to win for us. This is how he always is. He's such a hard worker. If he were to lose, which I sincerely doubt, it wasn't because he didn't give it his all. It would be for the left's cheating ways with the media. They didn't play fair and made this an unfair election.

What would give me great pleasure is if he were to win despite the dems evil ways.

Last edited by diddlydudette; 11-03-2020 at 11:31 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2020, 10:11 AM

20,459 posts, read 12,379,585 times
im hopeful due to the enthusiasm. i am fearful due to the wiliness of the left to do anything to win.

There was a point at which i saw this election as far less important than recent ones. After seeing and hearing the left talk about what they intend, i see this as America held in the balance. I fear we will be found wanting and wild eyed leftists in charge and gleefully dismantling America.

Old 11-03-2020, 10:26 AM
bu2

24,101 posts, read 14,879,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
I'm feeling pretty good and think Trump for sure can win this. I had my days of doubt, but in the end I feel very confident.
I'm feeling really good about FL and NC. I was initially concerned about AZ, but feel pretty good now. With ME 1 that gets Trump to 260. I'm cautiously optimistic about the upper MW and NV getting him well above 270. He would only need 1 of the 4 or NV and NM or NH.

Old 11-03-2020, 10:26 AM

768 posts, read 299,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
I don't trust the polling at all after 2016. I watched NBC nightly news last night and it was deja vu. Once again, you have Chuck Todd making it sound like the Democrats have multiple paths to victory and only a slim path available for Trump. They said the same thing in 2016 making it sound nearly impossible for Trump to pull off a win.
Ugh whether you like it or not this is the truth. I wouldn't be shocked at all if Trump wins, but he needs to win a lot of states that are pretty much toss ups at this point while Biden doesn't.

If Biden loses Texas no big deal on to the next state.
If Trump loses Texas his night is over.

If Biden lose Florida it hurts but on to the next state.
If Trump loses Florida his night is over.

Same story pretty much in Georgia and NC. Biden doesn't have a must win until we get to PA.

Old 11-03-2020, 10:31 AM
bu2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Many Democrat leftists truly appear to believe that if they say it, that makes it so, especially if their "experts" confirm it and it is repeated repeatedly in the Democrat left echo chamber.

They appear to believe that truth is determined in this manner. Where there was no truth before, or there was a different truth, now that they have spoken, reality is mandated to reform in accordance with their dictates.

It is truly pathological and obviously wrong. Much of their frustration and confusion can be traced back to this dysfunctional and misguided way of thinking and perceiving the world.
Even by the polls, it was obvious Trump had a very good chance in 2016. RCP average had Hillary up 272-266 and that was largely due to one flaky poll in NH showing Hillary up 11 (she won by 1500 votes in the closest state). As it turned out, Trump did not win NV or NH. Hillary lead in the last polls in both those states. But Trump lead in the last poll in MI and PA and was within the margin of error in the last poll in WI.

Old 11-03-2020, 10:32 AM

23,862 posts, read 24,111,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Many Democrat leftists truly appear to believe that if they say it, that makes it so, especially if their "experts" confirm it and it is repeated repeatedly in the Democrat left echo chamber.

They appear to believe that truth is determined in this manner. Where there was no truth before, or there was a different truth, now that they have spoken, reality is mandated to reform in accordance with their dictates.

It is truly pathological and obviously wrong. Much of their frustration and confusion can be traced back to this dysfunctional and misguided way of thinking and perceiving the world.
Spot-on analysis.

Old 11-03-2020, 10:33 AM
bu2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millertime1 View Post
Ugh whether you like it or not this is the truth. I wouldn't be shocked at all if Trump wins, but he needs to win a lot of states that are pretty much toss ups at this point while Biden doesn't.

If Biden loses Texas no big deal on to the next state.
If Trump loses Texas his night is over.

If Biden lose Florida it hurts but on to the next state.
If Trump loses Florida his night is over.

Same story pretty much in Georgia and NC. Biden doesn't have a must win until we get to PA.
I look at it the other way. Trump and Biden will win strongly leaning states (FL, NC, NM, CO) and that makes it 260 Trump to 216 Biden. Biden has to run the table on all the true tossup states.

Old 11-03-2020, 11:18 AM

13,733 posts, read 7,999,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Perhaps the problem isn't them, it's you...
LOL! So true.

Old 11-03-2020, 11:30 AM

14,483 posts, read 12,107,650 times
Mostly feeling anxious about having to wait…

Patience is not one of my virtues.

Old 11-03-2020, 11:35 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,852,928 times
My friend who voted for Biden is already conceding the election... It's over...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies