Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2020, 07:57 AM

1,253 posts, read 499,394 times

Advertisements

Okay folks. I see a lot of people absolutely convinced their candidate is going to win. Some think Trump wins in a landslide and others think Harris, I mean Biden will win in a landslide. I don't understand how anyone can be so rock solid confident their candidate is going to win, so I think it will be interesting for people to put their best odds and reasoning here and then come back to it in the coming days to revisit the predictions.

In my opinion, my best guess, is that Harris/Biden win the election. I would not be shocked if Trump wins, which I was absolutely shocked he won in 2016. This time around I feel there has been too much of a coordinated effort among the powers that be to get Trump out. I think that is too much to overcome. I put the chances of a Harris/Biden win at 62.5%.

I am a Trump supporter and I feel my side will lose.

Old 11-03-2020, 07:59 AM

8,417 posts, read 4,468,123 times
I sure hope Putin doesn't win a second term.

Old 11-03-2020, 08:02 AM

2,825 posts, read 2,073,520 times
Biden is having a Party, tonight . . .

A Retirement Party . . . Congrats, Joe.

Old 11-03-2020, 08:03 AM

28,355 posts, read 16,279,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradnsota View Post
Okay folks. I see a lot of people absolutely convinced their candidate is going to win. Some think Trump wins in a landslide and others think Harris, I mean Biden will win in a landslide. I don't understand how anyone can be so rock solid confident their candidate is going to win, so I think it will be interesting for people to put their best odds and reasoning here and then come back to it in the coming days to revisit the predictions.

In my opinion, my best guess, is that Harris/Biden win the election. I would not be shocked if Trump wins, which I was absolutely shocked he won in 2016. This time around I feel there has been too much of a coordinated effort among the powers that be to get Trump out. I think that is too much to overcome. I put the chances of a Harris/Biden win at 62.5%.

Pretty accurately sums up my position, as well.

I think Biden wins, but I would not be surprised at a Trump victory. I think it's going to be closer than 2016. I don't think there's any way Trump wins all three of PA, MI and WI again.

Old 11-03-2020, 08:04 AM

35,508 posts, read 17,755,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradnsota View Post

I'm a Biden supporter and I think your side will win.

Old 11-03-2020, 08:06 AM

5,985 posts, read 2,899,025 times
I have no idea who will win. I see it going either way. Regardless of who wins, we need to work through our countries issues together. The extreme partisanship in the US needs to stop (on both sides)

Old 11-03-2020, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
I sure hope Putin doesn't win a second term.
Is there any way you can contribute a meaningful analysis rather than hyperbole in this particular thread? I really am interested in the thought pattern of how people think this is going to play out.

Old 11-03-2020, 08:08 AM

6,456 posts, read 2,855,960 times
I mean,..overall,...in the past it can be said,..eh,..people didn't come out to vote,..or so and so could of won if people were not ambivalent,..

But now

No excuses.

The Dems have spent 4 years firing people up. If they don't turn up now, they never will.

And the Repubs,..they've been called out. If they don't turn up now, they never will.

So this is the best of the best of what we got.

I don't care if Trump throws a fit if he loses. I don't care if Biden Gloats all day if he wins.

I just hope the people on the street don't lose their collective minds either way.

Old 11-03-2020, 08:08 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,774,380 times
Trump wins 310 to 350 electoral votes... Not even close, will be called tonight if Trump voters get out and VOTE!!

Old 11-03-2020, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Pretty accurately sums up my position, as well.

I think Biden wins, but I would not be surprised at a Trump victory. I think it's going to be closer than 2016. I don't think there's any way Trump wins all three of PA, MI and WI again.
I agree Trump will not run all 3 states this time. From the analysis I have been seeing, he can win just 1 of those if everything else plays out his way. If my state, Florida, goes to Biden, it's over. I can't say for sure how Florida will go, as we never can, but I see tremendous enthusiasm and support for Trump and absolutely nothing for Biden. However, no visible support for Biden still can translate to lots of anti-Trump voting. We shall see.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies