Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2020, 11:18 AM

10,531 posts, read 6,165,986 times

Advertisements

Trump just now:

"Winning is easy. Losing is never easy. Not for me it's not."

Just watched Trump saying these words. It's the most sincere and genuine I think I've ever seen him.
He said he's not thinking about a concession speech or winning speech yet.
Seems like to possibility of losing is starting to sink in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2020, 11:24 AM

24,490 posts, read 17,232,699 times
Losing is never easy for anyone especially the driven successful type A personality types.

Imagine that, Trump might not be the monster the Dems have made him out to be but he is actually quite human.

Despite the polls telling us one thing there are many that believe Trump is going to win. He has gained amazing momentum this past week. The fix might be in but I think the People are turning out for him.

Old 11-03-2020, 11:31 AM

11,411 posts, read 7,806,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Losing is never easy for anyone especially the driven successful type A personality types.

Imagine that, Trump might not be the monster the Dems have made him out to be but he is actually quite human.

Despite the polls telling us one thing there are many that believe Trump is going to win. He has gained amazing momentum this past week. The fix might be in but I think the People are turning out for him.
If the “fix” you’re alluding to is voters turning out to support their choice, I agree. If you’re suggesting a Trump loss means malfeasance, then I don’t agree.

No one thinks Trump isn’t human. He is with all the flaws and foibles that entails. He’s been his own worst enemy in many cases. That’s pretty darn human.

Old 11-03-2020, 11:36 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 7 days ago)

35,629 posts, read 17,968,125 times
The most eye-catching thing, here, is he apparently doesn't realize everyone feels that way. That's the universal human experience - everyone loves to win and hates to lose.

He is less able to disguise his disappointment/frustration at losing, and the rest of us are mature enough to be gracious losers.

Old 11-03-2020, 11:37 AM

15,507 posts, read 6,432,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
The most eye-catching thing, here, is he apparently doesn't realize everyone feels that way. That's the universal human experience - everyone loves to win and hates to lose.

He is less able to disguise his disappointment/frustration at losing, and the rest of us are mature enough to be gracious losers.
Yeah, because everyone else is so great and so enlightened.

Trust me those people have their own problems.

Old 11-03-2020, 11:39 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 7 days ago)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
Yeah, because everyone else is so great and so enlightened.

Trust me those people have their own problems.
Everyone's got problems, and burdens and challenges.

For him to intimate that others don't mind losing is telling. It's just telling.

I knew this guy who was mr. clueless, at work, who believed his passionate love for his married girlfriend was worlds beyond what passionate feelings anyone - ever anywhere - felt for their girlfriends and boyfriends. Like his experience was unique. And that's why we couldn't understand how he could be lowlife enough to have a married girlfriend.

That's the same feeling I just got reading this quote from Trump. He's clueless that his experience is universal.

Old 11-03-2020, 11:43 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,977,619 times
Quote:
It seems to me the left have been on a rioting, looting and burning temper tantrum since Trump won. Are you just in a way saying the left isn't "mature enough to be gracious losers"? I have NEVER seen such sore losers than I have with this leftist machine. Russia, Impeachment and the list is endless. Riots, looting, burning, anti-police and more. One giant temper tantrum. Never in American history has this been seen before.

Old 11-03-2020, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
It seems to me the left have been on a rioting, looting and burning temper tantrum since Trump won. Are you just in a way saying the left isn't "mature enough to be gracious losers"? I have NEVER seen such sore losers than I have with this leftist machine. Russia, Impeachment and the list is endless. Riots, looting, burning, anti-police and more. One giant temper tantrum. Never in American history has this been seen before.
I guess you've never read about the 1960's. Or, even, that we were at one point actually AT WAR with each other.

Old 11-03-2020, 11:48 AM

15,507 posts, read 6,432,565 times
Quote:
I guess you've never read about the 1960's. Or, even, that we were at one point actually AT WAR with each other.
In the 1960s we were at war.

Today we are not, yet political activists need to have spiritual meaning so they makes stuff up like "Trump is a fascist" and "our democracy is at threat".

No it's not, everything is the same as it always was.

Old 11-03-2020, 11:52 AM

10,531 posts, read 6,165,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aville239 View Post
Why so glum, chum?
Yes I was watching him on MSNBC. He looked tired and sad.
He was apparently at a rally though until 2am so not surprising.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies