Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2020, 08:15 AM

1,253 posts, read 500,723 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bohemka View Post
This is why this country sucks. "I love gridlock." Good grief.
I think this country is AWESOME! That's why so many people are trying to get in here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2020, 08:18 AM

35,522 posts, read 17,818,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradnsota View Post
You talk about division and hate, yet here you are name calling, creating division and being hateful. How come liberals never see that?
I don't know. I'm not liberal.

I'm centrist, usually voting R for president.

Old 11-04-2020, 08:23 AM

9,454 posts, read 10,759,446 times
If he does win at least we will have the senate to obstruct everything he does.

Red states should nullify every executive order that comes out. We can take “not my president” to a whole new level. We can essentially run the red states as if the feds don’t exist.

Old 11-04-2020, 08:23 AM

8,915 posts, read 6,213,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bohemka View Post
This is why this country sucks. "I love gridlock." Good grief.
If gridlock stalls the onslaught of progressive laws, rules, regulations and restrictions then I am in favor of gridlock. Democrats have done nothing but make my life more difficult.

Old 11-04-2020, 08:33 AM

8,915 posts, read 6,213,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Before Trump, the Republican party was highly respectable as the party for economic success, with upper middle class values.

Under Trump rule, all the nasty hateful rednecks came out from under the rock and embarrassed the country in front of the world, and divided us all.

The minority, very loud and aggressive redneck culture can't continue to represent America.
The problem with the establishment Republicans was that before Trump the Democrats played dirty politics and the Republicans would take the high road. The Republicans would give the Democrats an inch but the Democrats would take a mile. Trump was the first Republican to strike back at the Democrats. That is why they hate him more than they ever hated the establishment Republicans.

I hope establishment Republicans have learned a little from Trump going forward. You can still be respectable without playing nice with the thugs.

Old 11-04-2020, 08:40 AM

1,086 posts, read 440,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradnsota View Post
We have been divided for years. That will never change. The key thing is to ensure gridlock so extremist agendas cannot progress. We achieved that. Having Democrats control everything does not end division. People are still divided, it's just a different party in charge. The most important thing was to stop their ability to pass legislation and that has now been achieved by keeping the Senate, expanding the House and controlling the SCOTUS. I am beyond thrilled.
You live in a dreamworld. The next few years and probably the future are going to be incredibly ugly. Demographically the Republicans are done, Biden will make it one of his first acts to legalize Daca and 30 million illegals and open immigration. You obviously hate Trump but the damage done to this country by election fraud will be immense.

Old 11-04-2020, 08:49 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,665,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacommonwealth View Post
Demographically the Republicans are done
This is a misconception. Latinos shifted hugely to the GOP this cycle and the trend is accelerating. The Democrats are also courting more and more radical leftists who alienate a lot of people. The GOP is slowly turning into the party of tolerance and opportunity as a polar opposite to the Democrats. And let's not forget the conservative birth rate is much higher than the liberal and definitely the leftist birth rates who seem to keep score about how many abortions they are getting

Old 11-04-2020, 08:56 AM

1,768 posts, read 565,548 times
Quote:
You live in a dreamworld. The next few years and probably the future are going to be incredibly ugly. Demographically the Republicans are done, Biden will make it one of his first acts to legalize Daca and 30 million illegals and open immigration. You obviously hate Trump but the damage done to this country by election fraud will be immense.
What are you talking about?

If anything, this shows that Republicans are deeply entrenched.

We thought turnout was the problem and well, Dems turned out in record numbers and it still wasn't enough.

Trump wasn't a fluke. There really are that many horrible people in this country.

Fear not, you'll be able to immensely damage the country for a long time to come.

Old 11-04-2020, 08:56 AM

9,454 posts, read 10,759,446 times
Quote:
Republican states should begin to arrest and deport illegals in defiance of the federal government. We need to set the tone that we will not obey.

Nullification, disobedience and refusal to cooperate are the tactics every red state should adopt. Let’s see if Harris has the guts to try and use force to make us obey.
I hope red state governors are forming a compact now to defend our rights. If we band together we can nullify everything they do. What good are gun laws, the green new deal, socialized medicine and legalized illegal immigrants if we refuse to allow it within our state border?

Will this drive the country to the brink of war? Maybe but it’s an aggressive tactic just short of secession that could work. I say let’s roll. Let’s stand up for our rights and tell the purple haired kiddos that it ain’t happenin down here.

Old 11-04-2020, 09:08 AM

4,637 posts, read 4,945,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Before Trump, the Republican party was highly respectable as the party for economic success, with upper middle class values.

Under Trump rule, all the nasty hateful rednecks came out from under the rock and embarrassed the country in front of the world, and divided us all.

The minority, very loud and aggressive redneck culture can't continue to represent America.
It wasn't rednecks that were rioting in Minneapolis or Portland or Philadelphia or intimidating diners minding their own business in DC. Dem voters have decided that THAT kind of very loud and aggressive culture is to be rewarded; they have decided that it is an inexorable step toward their version of an ideal future. It seems like this future might not allow rednecks/Appalachian people to live with dignity in the country that they've called home for more than 200 years. Places like Ohio get this; that's we voted for Trump by a large margin after pollsters bent over backwards to distort and deny the true voice of this state (final results about 6-7 points more toward Trump than the final RCP average, and 10-12 points more toward Trump than the RCP averages from over the summer).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies