Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2020, 03:24 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,708,683 times

Advertisements

I know Biden will be that guy. He will be the nice unity guy. And that's fine. But a lot of Democrats wouldn't mind if he was less nice to some.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2020, 03:26 PM

8,943 posts, read 2,963,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
How very presidential.

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-ne...112b54ca66694f

I hope in his first presidential speech, he evokes Abraham Lincoln -

With malice toward none; with charity for all; with firmness in the right, as God gives us to see the right, let us strive on to finish the work we are in; to bind up the nation’s wounds.
It's easy to say that when you win.

Look at what the Democrats did from 2016-2020 when they lost.

Old 11-04-2020, 03:29 PM

5,117 posts, read 2,161,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
We'll have to agree to disagree. The left started the division and attacks the day Mr. Trump took office. We'll never agree.... never....... I will give my life's blood to thwart any and all leftist policies I can, any way I can.

I'm with you. The dangerous part is it took ALL of the left's bandwidth to battle Trump. I'm not sure how much oil they have in the tank for policy development. Our biggest fears are Biden/Harris hand the car keys back over to the globalists and let THEM decide how to run the country. It's like here you go Soros'! What would you like us to do next for you?

Old 11-04-2020, 03:29 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 6 days ago)

35,628 posts, read 17,953,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leona Valley View Post
You must be deaf.

“Clap for that you stupid bastards.” — Joe Biden to our military.

Among many other dumbazz and racist things he’s said.

If he wins, our first pedophile president. Congrats Biden supporters.
The irony is, the right has to go back 4 years ago, when Biden was VP, to try to find something he's ever said that was the least bit uncivil.

And it was a joke, and received that way. He was praising one of their fellow soldiers, and asked them that way to clap. So it was a compliment to a soldier, in a speech praising the military.

And it was 4 years ago.

We only have to go back a day or so to quote Trump encouraging his supporters to run people off the roads.

Old 11-04-2020, 03:30 PM

7,977 posts, read 4,985,438 times
Wow. A human being finally.

Old 11-04-2020, 03:31 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 6 days ago)

35,628 posts, read 17,953,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
It's easy to say that when you win.

Look at what the Democrats did from 2016-2020 when they lost.
Yes. It's the speech of the winner, telling the other winners not to be nasty to the party of the losers. This would be a completely inappropriate speech for the losers to say. They lost.

It's a very magnanimous thing to do - to plead with your constituents to forgive and forget, and don't hold grudges.

Lincoln said this at the END of the civil war, when northerners wanted to burn the traitorous southerners at the stake, and take everything they had, and seek revenge for all the pain they'd caused for years. But no, Lincoln said, with malice toward none, with charity for all.

You CERTAINLY didn't see that coming from Trump, who made it clear States wouldn't get federal aid for their disasters if they weren't republican run.

Old 11-04-2020, 03:33 PM

8,943 posts, read 2,963,926 times
Quote:
Yes. It's the speech of the winner, telling the other winners not to be nasty to the party of the losers. This would be a completely inappropriate speech for the losers to say. They lost.

It's a very magnanimous thing to do - to plead with your constituents to forgive and forget, and don't hold grudges.

You CERTAINLY didn't see that coming from Trump, who made it clear States wouldn't get federal aid for their disasters if they weren't republican run.
Sure we did. Look at his election night speech from 2016.

He was immediately greeted with the Democrat impeachment squad the next morning, and for the following 4 years.

Old 11-04-2020, 03:35 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,069,239 times
Quote:
How very presidential.

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-ne...112b54ca66694f

I hope in his first presidential speech, he evokes Abraham Lincoln -

With malice toward none; with charity for all; with firmness in the right, as God gives us to see the right, let us strive on to finish the work we are in; to bind up the nation’s wounds.
Just this morning you were bashing trashy rednecks, and now you are preaching to us about unity. GMAB.

Furthermore, as I have often said, during his inauguration speech, President Trump also promised to be president for all Americans. The left had a melt down. “Most divisive speech ever” they said.

Biden is saying the exact same thing Trump said. One you criticize; one you praise. It’s ridiculous.

Old 11-04-2020, 03:35 PM

3,329 posts, read 1,961,326 times
Biden isn’t the president yet. There are many court challenges and recounts coming.

Old 11-04-2020, 03:36 PM

7,275 posts, read 5,283,162 times
It's....Not......Over......Yet
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies