Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2020, 03:21 PM

19,804 posts, read 9,362,001 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fibonacci View Post
What exactly are GOPers terrified of if Biden becomes President? The Senate is red. Biden is very middle of the road, and neither he nor Harris would have carte blanche due to the Senate. So much huffing and puffing over nothing. Life goes on and none of the radical ideas Joe ran on will be possible.
Okay, for the "umpteenth" time, I am NOT a Trump fan, but it is SO obvious that Biden is suffering from dementia that I am "terrified" that President Harris will try to force as many of her extremist views as possible. The only saving grace from that is that SCOTUS has a very definite conservative majority, and I think the Senate will remain Republican.

The OTHER thing I am worried about, however, is what will this do to the stock market? I am retired and if we lose our savings, there will be no chance of recouping our losses, as we don't play the lottery.

Maybe I am worried for nothing, but you asked!

Btw, I was reading the following article, https://www.politico.com/news/2020/1...on-2020-434044 and maybe the good news is that the Democrats have learned their lesson about having a "nutcase" (Pelosi) as Speaker of the House and letting the so-called "Progressives" be the very loud and very obnoxious voice of their party. I think that a return to the center would be appreciated by most voters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2020, 03:22 PM

4,534 posts, read 4,930,400 times
It's so ironic the GOP has an obsession ITT with somehow Kamala destroying Israel, yet the right is insanely obsessed with characters like George Soros. There obsession also often reeks with antisemitism.

Old 11-04-2020, 03:23 PM

14,229 posts, read 4,593,980 times
I am actually surprised that this is a razor- thin presidential race considering that Trump is doing a **** job with this covid19 pandemic

Hopefully the democrats are waking up to the fact that most americans are not ready for their far left ideology or rioting and looting.

If GOP selects a good candidate who can control himself and acts presidential, then it will be an easy win back to the White House in 2024

Old 11-04-2020, 03:23 PM

4,534 posts, read 4,930,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
Okay, for the "umpteenth" time, I am NOT a Trump fan, but it is SO obvious that Biden is suffering from dementia that I am "terrified" that President Harris will try to force as many of her extremist views as possible. The only saving grace from that is that SCOTUS has a very definite conservative majority, and I think the Senate will remain Republican.

The OTHER thing I am worried about, however, is what will this do to the stock market? I am retired and if we lose our savings, there will be no chance of recouping our losses, as I don't play the lottery.

Maybe I am worried for nothing, but you asked!

Btw, I was reading the following article, and maybe the good news is that the Democrats have learned their lesson about having a "nutcase" (Pelosi) as Speaker of the House and letting so many of the so-called "Progressives" be the very loud and very obnoxious voice of their party. I think that a return to the center would be appreciated by most voters.

The market is loving it because: a) it means a rollback of Trump's protectionism, and b) corporate tax increases won't happen. This outcome is a Win-win for corporations and Wall St. You've got nothing to fear wrt your retirement account. Relax.

Old 11-04-2020, 03:26 PM

7,493 posts, read 7,176,530 times
LOL Think you need to check the popular vote and in 2016.

Trump was a Loser!

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
I voted for Trump, but I'm feeling more comfortable with the situation. When there was the possibility of Dems taking both the Senate and the Presidency, I was sincerely worried for the future of this country. However, that didn't happen and, in other good news, it appears that some Dems are finally waking up to the fact that they are out-of-touch with the population in general.

http:////www.city-data.com/forum/pol...-election.html

Despite a Biden win, this election may be a turning point (for the better) for the Democratic party. I'm actually cautiously optimistic.

Old 11-04-2020, 03:32 PM

22,472 posts, read 11,998,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Dems won't be able to pack the Supreme Court, so in that regard, Trump accomplished in just four years what many of us voted for him to do.

Create a Conservative majority on the SC to act as a safeguard against radical Leftist policies altering the nature of life and culture in America.

In that sense, Trump was worth every penny.
^^^^This.

Should it turn out that Biden won (shudder!) at least SCOTUS is majority conservative, as are some of the lower courts. That should stop a lot of the craziness from the far left.

I used to think that I hated gridlock in the house and senate. However, should Biden win, gridlock could well be a good thing.

One downside will still persist should Biden win --- We will be a worldwide laughingstock. Listening to Sky News, they all wonder how the US could well elect a president who is clearly in the throes of dementia. In fact, Sky News was hoping a Biden win wouldn't happen.

Old 11-04-2020, 03:36 PM

5,117 posts, read 2,162,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryoVilla View Post
Who says we are terrified? A lot of people sometimes missed the big picture here, Trump may have lost the election but the support for Republican Party as a whole has remained intact and in many cases increased (Latinos and black). Look at how many House seats have flipped to Republican and despite record spending ($500Bn) in the senate contest, Schumer will have to cry in the corner.

Exactly! Win or lose, Donald Trump repaired the foundation of the Republican Party and laid the ground work for the next 25 years. Trump may lose, but we conservatives aren't going anywhere. We may have lost this battle, but we haven't lost the war.

Old 11-04-2020, 03:39 PM

9,508 posts, read 4,342,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movin2Reston View Post
LOL Think you need to check the popular vote and in 2016.

Trump was a Loser!

I think you responded to the wrong post. Your response has absolutely nothing to do with anything I posted. I didn't mention 2016, the popular vote, or anything close to it.

Old 11-04-2020, 03:46 PM

1,049 posts, read 653,746 times
I think for the hardcore Trump Supporters it has to do with having a guy that they can Identify with. The guy that can say the stuff that they can't say at work, family dinner table, etc. and not get in trouble for it. That guy that can convince them that 1950s Americana is coming back. While not much policy-wise will change they have likely lost that identity in the head position of the USA.

With that being said it isn't over till it is over so don't celebrate too soon.

Old 11-04-2020, 03:49 PM

589 posts, read 300,106 times
As long as Senate maintains R majority, this would be the 2nd best outcome to have with Biden win. However, with Biden win, we'll probably have Obama 3.0 with tons of EO. which would be bad for the this country. Trump had to undo all of Obama's anti-American policies, now Biden will do the opposite and reinstate Obama's anti-American policies since he's just filling in the position and taking orders from the NWO group. Now, that's bad for us Taxpayers. Unfortunately, this next four years will be a continuation of the decline of USA with a Biden win. Thank goodness for majority Conservative SCOTUS and Senate, otherwise, the decline would be catastrophic and rapid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies