Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2020, 05:39 PM

6,115 posts, read 4,607,373 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSHL10 View Post
I don't think it will be that easy. People have had legitimate differences in opinion on who to vote for since the country was started. People routinely disagreed with politicians and their policies.

What happened the last 4 years was something completely different. Not liking the politician wasn't enough. Now you had to hate the supporter of the politician. The supporter was deplorable, morally bankrupt etc. It was their self appointed job to crush you , go after you on social media and get you fired because you dared to have different views than them.

It is going to be hard to have people be civil with someone who despised you for 4 years simply for having a different political view.
Agreed. It's maddening isn't it, how some people do take it so personally? Basically, someone is saying they think a different person is better for a job than the person they would pick and it's as if you had told them their own newborn baby is ugly and stinks like the sewer. (There's not really a good emoticon for these this so it's a combination of all of these).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2020, 05:39 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,054,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by naicha View Post
OP: moving forward, I hope we can all get alon,...

Thread: Kick his #$%! Get him! b(*f Bash,..kick!!..

I took it as sarcasm

Old 11-04-2020, 05:40 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 6 days ago)

35,627 posts, read 17,961,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Why go anymore folks (to the bold)?

If biden wins, there will far more divisiveness than trump ever brought.
And who will be the ones being divisive, do you think? Do you think, in general, liberals will be divisive?

Or do you think in general, liberals will go on with their lives, going about their days.

Unlike Trump supporters who gathered with rally after rally, flying enormous Trump flags, wearing MAGA hats everywhere they went.

Does it seem to you that if Biden wins, democrats will behave that way? Like one great big 4 year victory "we won you lost" party?

I don't think so. I think in general liberals are really really tired of politics and just want to move forward without all this fist and chest bumping we've all seen the Trump voters do.

Old 11-04-2020, 05:41 PM

4,525 posts, read 3,405,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spot View Post
LOL. The court's gonna get stacked in a matter of months. The senate will turn over in a couple of years. You should lock yourself in your basement to stay safe until 2028. Yeah, it's gonna be at least that long before the GOP gets another real shot at the White House. Thanks for playing.
Lol, how exactly will the court get stacked in a matter of months? Enlighten us.

And I wouldn't count on the senate turning over in a couple of years. Wishful thinking on your part. Now that Trump might lose, a lot of dems will lose interest in the midterms.

Biden BARELY will win it looks like, you think it's a lock he gets re-elected in 2024? Lol. GOP can easily win the Presidency in 2024 with a solid candidate. This was moreso voting against Trump than for Biden.

Old 11-04-2020, 05:42 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,649,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kCity33 View Post
Yeah - because every single republican refuses to wear a mask

democrat logic at its finest.

This country doesnt deserve Trump as its President. Luckily - Biden and Harris won't be able to do much
Maybe not every republican refuses to wear a mask, but I would bet that the vast majority of people who refuse to wear masks to help save the lives of fellow humans are republicans, or else just extremely stupid uncaring people.

Old 11-04-2020, 05:46 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,392,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Trump voters do not want unity with people who voted for Biden, and I don't want unity with them. You're dreaming. They don't deserve respect and they will laugh at anyone's attempts to "unify" the country.
Only unity liberal progressives want is we go along with their agendas , their idea of dialogue is they talk and we listen, their idea of compromise is they take and we give.

So I agree, no thank you on unity in that case

Last four years your side has called me a fascist, a racist, a uneducated white supremacist, and a whole host of other baseless slander , democrat liberals don't just get to put that on a shelf now and call for unity.

Old 11-04-2020, 05:46 PM

3,329 posts, read 1,961,914 times
Quote:
You earn respect and the GOP did nothing to earn respect. You are a sorry murderous lot, who would rather kill your fellow vulnerable Americans than wear a piece of cloth on your face, you are indeed such selfish awful people. You can review all of the Trump administration's "successes", and they nearly all involve destroying the very things they were supposed to be helping: big tax cuts for wealthy corporation and individuals, destroying the environment, ruining international trade deals, paying off farmers after first installing trade policies that nearly bankrupted many farmers, destroying U.S. relations with our allies, forging alliances with murderous dictators, etc. They had power. Biden has not won yet, and he may not win. But forget respect. Power is what counts. Hopefully Biden does win and uses the extremely limited power his administration will have to reverse as many of the damaging policies the Trump administration and Senate put into place.
Thank goodness conservatives still have the senate to stop the cretinous greed of the democrats.

Just curious, what flavor is that koolaid?

Old 11-04-2020, 05:48 PM

10,065 posts, read 7,237,863 times
Biden is going to (barely) win, unless the ongoing vote counts show dramatic reversals results for Trump in Arizona and Nevada.

The courts will not stop legitimate counts by the states. They will only stop attempts to add more votes.

People forget their history. In 2000 the SCOTUS did not stop the count in FL. The count was done and Bush won. There were 4 counties in which a number of irregularities existed where they had a bunch of ballots that weren't counted for various reasons - undervotes, overvotes, pregnant chads, etc... There was no uniform standard of how to count those votes. 2 counties just gave up and called it a day, submitted their last count. Two counties continued counting, even though there was no agreed upon standard. The FL supreme court let that continue. Had they continued there would have been two results out of Florida and caused a constitutional crisis.

Recounts were done later and Bush won.

Gore's team messed up. They should have immediately pushed for a STATEWIDE recount and forced the state to come up with a uniform statewide standard to count the unclear ballots. They didn't, only tried to recount the 4 Democratic counties. The SCOTUS said those two counties had to stop because of no uniform standard & the existing certified result was Florida's official count.

That's not what's going on this year. The states are counting ballots according to processes that were already decided. The SCOTUS will not mess with that, especially not all the states rights types on the court now.

Old 11-04-2020, 05:50 PM

5,097 posts, read 2,314,170 times
Quote:
You earn respect and the GOP did nothing to earn respect. You are a sorry murderous lot, who would rather kill your fellow vulnerable Americans than wear a piece of cloth on your face, you are indeed such selfish awful people. You can review all of the Trump administration's "successes", and they nearly all involve destroying the very things they were supposed to be helping: big tax cuts for wealthy corporation and individuals, destroying the environment, ruining international trade deals, paying off farmers after first installing trade policies that nearly bankrupted many farmers, destroying U.S. relations with our allies, forging alliances with murderous dictators, etc. They had power. Biden has not won yet, and he may not win. But forget respect. Power is what counts. Hopefully Biden does win and uses the extremely limited power his administration will have to reverse as many of the damaging policies the Trump administration and Senate put into place.
I get the impression that you're one of these people who is way too wound up about coronavirus, and that you've been hiding in your house from it for seven months. That isn't good for your mental health, and it's showing. You should get out and get some fresh air, maybe be around some other people. It would do you good.

Old 11-04-2020, 05:51 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,758,356 times
Not my president.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies