Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2020, 06:31 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times

Advertisements

As high as we polled in Texas, Florida, Iowa and Ohio, where in the hell were our voters? We SUCK! Look at how the Republicans turned out their base in every state.

This was supposed to be a blowout. We lost senate races that we had no business losing. Where was the damn enthusiasm? With the Republicans, THAT’S WHERE!!

*SIGH* ..my party is fricken PATHETIC...and that’s being magnanimous. SMH
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2020, 06:36 PM

1,049 posts, read 653,598 times
Regardless of what happens in the presidency, you have to admit that Team Blue severely underperformed.

Part of it is that Trump was able to bring a high voter turnout of his base and his base did a solid job of inviting people to join in, but I think part of it is also the Democrats are still taking sections of the voter block for granted and that showed in Florida and Texas especially.

There is still a lot to learn for the Democrats.

Old 11-04-2020, 06:36 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,111,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
As high as we polled in Texas, Florida, Iowa and Ohio, where in the hell were our voters? We SUCK! Look at how the Republicans turned out their base in every state.

This was supposed to be a blowout. We lost senate races that we had no business losing. Where was the damn enthusiasm? With the Republicans, THAT’S WHERE!!

It's not the ground game. It's the messaging. At the end of the day, people will vote fora racist if he will take care of them. We made zero effort to explain how we were going to put money in pockets or food on the table, even though we have policies addressing that.

I'll never understand why Democrats are still not taking credit for the income boost from low-wage earners when a sizeable chunk of that is from the $15 minimum wage. We need to be aggressive next time around on the policies we're backing that will help voters today, not in 10 years. Will the talk about jobs that come from green programs, not just about saving the planet for future generations.

Old 11-04-2020, 06:38 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
It's not the ground game. It's the messaging. At the end of the day, people will vote fora racist if he will take care of them. We made zero effort to explain how we were going to put money in pockets or food on the table, even though we have policies addressing that.

I'll never understand why Democrats are still not taking credit for the income boost from low-wage earners when a sizeable chunk of that is from the $15 minimum wage. We need to be aggressive next time around on the policies we're backing that will help voters today, not in 10 years. Will the talk about jobs that come from green programs, not just about saving the planet for future generations.
Bro...Florida votes for a $15 minimum wage, and we lost Florida. HTF does that happen??

It’s pathetic.

Old 11-04-2020, 06:42 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,111,909 times
Quote:
Bro...Florida votes for a $15 minimum wage, and we lost Florida. HTF does that happen??

It’s pathetic.
We need to stop thinking of Hispanics as a unified group and recognize that some of them come here to be conservative Whites. At the end of the day, there's very little difference between Cubans and rural Kentuckians. And those boys are the ones who cry about welfare queens while they're raking disability checks for hypertension. They are not above milking the system for their own benefit and turning around just screw over someone else.

Old 11-04-2020, 06:43 PM

22,471 posts, read 11,995,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post

If you are referring to Biden, yeah he's a "racist".

Old 11-04-2020, 06:45 PM

1,768 posts, read 567,655 times
Maybe taking COVID seriously and skipping big rallies and door knocking hurt? I don’t know. Turnout was up overall. Most people like and want Dem policies if they don’t know they are Dem policies.

Hopefully they learn from the postmortem.

Old 11-04-2020, 06:46 PM

26,491 posts, read 15,070,512 times
Quote:

The Democrats scared off a lot of potential voters with far left woke ideology and riots. Of course many Democrats reject that crap, it does stick to the party due to those that enable it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fivenine View Post
Regardless of what happens in the presidency, you have to admit that Team Blue severely underperformed.

Part of it is that Trump was able to bring a high voter turnout of his base and his base did a solid job of inviting people to join in, but I think part of it is also the Democrats are still taking sections of the voter block for granted and that showed in Florida and Texas especially.

There is still a lot to learn for the Democrats.
I think Trump did an okay job, but not a great job of inviting people in.

Had Trump been an ultra nice guy he'd have won. He too often insults and bullies and it allows the media to run him down. I know many Republicans and conservative leaning people that were turned off. Yes, he brought in new voters, but he also chased off voters too.

Trump won the Hispanic vote in Florida, but that is more because they distrust the far left.

Old 11-04-2020, 06:49 PM

5,859 posts, read 3,297,105 times
Quote:

Obviously the polls were wrong. Also I do not believe most people voted for Biden. They voted against Trump. Lastly I think the Democrats went with campaign that was based mostly on ads. Trump brought the campaign to the people. So I think that is where you see an enthusiasm gap.

Old 11-04-2020, 06:51 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,878,006 times
Quote:

Don't take it to heart. The 2 parties are 2 heads on the same beast. They need the good cop bad cop rivalry, it's to maintain control of the masses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies