Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2020, 10:25 AM

14,232 posts, read 4,596,290 times

Advertisements

Obama/Biden administration divided our country for 8 years.
Trump/Pence add more fuel to the fire.

Now Biden is calling for unity? hmm, ok?

Old 11-05-2020, 10:39 AM

2,707 posts, read 1,033,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
#1. Acknowledge that there is no systemic racism. This purpose of the narrative, and the BLM violence that resulted in support of that lie, was to divide the population and get black people angry and out to the polls, as the Dems were counting on a high black turnout to win.

Now that the Dems don’t need to use blacks anymore, there is no sense in continuing to drive the victimhood narrative. We especially need to drop the false idea that police are on the hunt for unarmed black men, and Biden needs to point out that these instances are extremely rare and there is no indication that racism played a part.

OK....someone else take #2.
he will never unify the country bc his "win" is based on fraud. I will hate him and resist him more than I did hussein obama who at least won legitimately

Old 11-05-2020, 10:42 AM

9,511 posts, read 4,344,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Sure.

I never cared much for anything that gets mixed with mayonnaise and called a "salad".... potato salad, chicken salad, macaroni salad, tuna salad...all kinda YUCK to me.

Woah, there. Them's fightin' words. Mayonnaise makes everything better. You should try mayonnaise salad. Mayo mixed with mayo. Delicious.

Old 11-05-2020, 10:47 AM

9,617 posts, read 6,065,647 times
No, it is not. The world has always been, will always be survival and thriving of the fittest. Don't believe that, then don't ever speak of Darwin or why Neanderthals became extinct by being out competed or failing to adapt to climate change. Science shows it is necessary.

We live in a competitive environment whether we like it or not and that to compete, to adapt to grow, to change in order to survive at time and to thrive is a necessity. Some do it softly, sweetly, by influence, other not. Style and method are irrelevant to the fact.
Quote:
Originally Posted by naicha View Post
That's crazy talk.

Old 11-05-2020, 10:58 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,092,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
Woah, there. Them's fightin' words. Mayonnaise makes everything better. You should try mayonnaise salad. Mayo mixed with mayo. Delicious.

Nah, they all look like a bowl full of Salmonella to me.

Old 11-05-2020, 10:59 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,828,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
#1. Acknowledge that there is no systemic racism. This purpose of the narrative, and the BLM violence that resulted in support of that lie, was to divide the population and get black people angry and out to the polls, as the Dems were counting on a high black turnout to win.

Now that the Dems don’t need to use blacks anymore, there is no sense in continuing to drive the victimhood narrative. We especially need to drop the false idea that police are on the hunt for unarmed black men, and Biden needs to point out that these instances are extremely rare and there is no indication that racism played a part.

OK....someone else take #2.
Announce there is no systemic racism and the problem is solved?

Are you serious?

Do you honestly believe that simply telling black people that they should just get used to being killed by cops, that it doesn't happen all that often anyway, is going to solve the problem?

I don't know about that.

Old 11-05-2020, 11:00 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,828,130 times
I don't think there is anything Biden can do to unify the country.

Old 11-05-2020, 11:03 AM

2,558 posts, read 2,905,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
I don't think there is anything Biden can do to unify the country.
Not when his Minions express this kind of crap:
https://www.foxnews.com/media/msnbc-...anti-blackness

Old 11-05-2020, 11:07 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 9 days ago)

35,635 posts, read 17,975,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muinteoir View Post
Lol, you are taking about murder and I was talking about nonviolent crime.

I already brought up generational trauma. You say it has nothing to do with race when we’ve had centuries of abuse, disenfranchisement and gaslighting on a socially constructed group of people (aka a race) and expect that a mere fifty years of equality will undo all of that trauma.

You want to me end high murder rates? You need to look into the historical and contemporary social conditions that cause it.

Characterizing what I’m saying as disgusting shows you are not ready to have a civil engagement. Are use the word disgusting to characterize and entire social phenomenon, not any of the posters or what they are saying on this forum. Talk to me respectfully or I will not continue to engage with you. So much for the tolerant and freedom of speech loving right.
You might be interested in, or maybe have already read "The New Jim Crow" by Michelle Alexander.

It's very eye-opening, about how young black people are disproportionately policed, disproportionately stopped by cops using one of those excuses to stop and get a look-see at what's going on (burned out blinker, failure to signal when switching lanes, using the left lane for more than just passing, etc.), sentenced disproportionately harshly for the same exact crimes, failed to have charges dropped by the prosecutor for the exact same crimes, etc. Additionally, drug use by whites vs. blacks and drug dealing between whites and blacks.

It's a little hard to read because it's very dense with statistics and citations, but the message is clear: black people are disproportionately accused and prosecuted for crimes not because they're committing more crimes, and worse crimes, but simply because they are black.

Old 11-05-2020, 11:08 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,505,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Announce there is no systemic racism and the problem is solved?

Are you serious?

Do you honestly believe that simply telling black people that they should just get used to being killed by cops, that it doesn't happen all that often anyway, is going to solve the problem?

I don't know about that.

^^^ See? This above is an example of the way to continue divisiveness by perpetuating the lie that “black people should get used to being killed by cops.” Are you liberals really intending to continue driving that false narrative? That type of thinking is why we are so divided.

And stop with the eye rolling. That’s another rude thing that doesn’t quite unify.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies