Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2020, 05:57 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,501,009 times

Advertisements

#1. Acknowledge that there is no systemic racism. This purpose of the narrative, and the BLM violence that resulted in support of that lie, was to divide the population and get black people angry and out to the polls, as the Dems were counting on a high black turnout to win.

Now that the Dems don’t need to use blacks anymore, there is no sense in continuing to drive the victimhood narrative. We especially need to drop the false idea that police are on the hunt for unarmed black men, and Biden needs to point out that these instances are extremely rare and there is no indication that racism played a part.

OK....someone else take #2.

Old 11-05-2020, 06:02 AM

2,212 posts, read 1,450,163 times
We're not ready to move onto #2, because I believe you made a mistake.

#1. Acknowledge that there is systemic racism. The effort to delegitimize calls for racial justice is completely ahistorical and lacks critical analysis of how race impacts lived experience in this country.

You seem confused about who drove the BLM movement. "Dems" had nothing to do with it. It was (typically young) activists, most of whom actually have beef with the Democratic Party as well. The BLM movement did not call for looting; the looters were opportunistic individuals who capitalized on the unrest.

Old 11-05-2020, 06:03 AM

23,972 posts, read 15,078,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muinteoir View Post

#1. Acknowledge that there is systemic racism. The effort to delegitimize calls for racial justice is completely ahistorical and lacks critical analysis of how race impacts lived experience in this country.

You seem confused about who drove the BLM movement. "Dems" had nothing to do with it. It was (typically young) activists, most of whom actually have beef with the Democratic Party as well. The BLM movement did not call for looting; the looters were opportunistic individuals who capitalized on the unrest.

Old 11-05-2020, 06:04 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,501,009 times
Quote:

You seem confused about who drove the BLM movement. "Dems" had nothing to do with it. It was (typically young) activists, most of whom actually have beef with the Democratic Party as well.
The Dems supported it. They even named streets and painted murals in their honor.

OK, thanks for your opinion. Now let’s go on to #2.

Old 11-05-2020, 06:05 AM

30,633 posts, read 18,214,590 times
Resign

Old 11-05-2020, 06:09 AM

2,212 posts, read 1,450,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
The Dems supported it. They even named streets and painted murals in their honor.

OK, thanks for your opinion. Now let’s go on to #2.
The Dems "supported it," but did not drive the movement. Therefore, they weren't "us[ing] blacks" (wow, what a condescending way to talk about Black people, as if Black people are not aware of how the movement impacts them). You frame it as if the Dems are propelling the movement, when it is in fact the activists.

You're welcome. If I were you, I wouldn't expect to write something like that and then simply "go on to #2."

Last edited by Muinteoir; 11-05-2020 at 06:19 AM..

Old 11-05-2020, 06:11 AM

9,504 posts, read 4,339,161 times
Quote:

You seem confused about who drove the BLM movement. "Dems" had nothing to do with it. It was (typically young) activists, most of whom actually have beef with the Democratic Party as well.

Please, give us one example of systemic racism currently underway in the United States. Just to calibrate you, incidents like George Floyd, Breonna Taylor, and Michael Brown are not systemic racism. They were isolated incidents, the aggregation of which are not statistically significant. Problematic and worth looking into? Absolutely. Systemic racism? Not so much. If you cite something like the high incarceration rate of Black men, be prepared to present empirical data supporting your position that there are no other factors contributing to this statistic.

Finally, explain why hiring quotas for non-whites and reduced hiring standards aren't systemic racism against whites.

Go.

Old 11-05-2020, 06:11 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 6 days ago)

35,627 posts, read 17,953,728 times
I believe the first thing he can do, and I believe probably will, is choose cabinet members and other appointees who are centrists. Who are, by and large, seen as respected in their fields and trusted by both the right and the left. And then, support them, listen to them, and keep them there for the next 4 years.

Elections have consequences, and the losing party doesn't get to call the shots on what they will accept in a sitting president, but I believe we'll see an administration that is focused on American unity, and not focused on running overwhelming the wishes of the opposition and taking everything they can away in the shortest amount of time.

So. Yeah. Don't hold your breath waiting for Biden to say there's no systemic racism, but do expect him to work toward real unity.

Anyway, that's my prediction.

And hopefully, soon, the far right will stop crying and pouting and come out of their rooms and join the family in the living room.

Old 11-05-2020, 06:12 AM

2,634 posts, read 2,677,824 times
I like how systemic racism became a thing in an election year. I can’t recall much of it when Democrats were in power. You think Obama/Biden would have addressed it during their 8 years in power. Blacks and Hispanic voters turned out in higher numbers for Trump this year, while Biden increased the Democrats white vote.

The BLM/systemic racism movement is for white liberals to feel better about themselves. Real statistical analysis shows that it’s a crock. What you put in to life is what you get out. You put in garbage, no matter what race you are, you get back garbage. It’s how life works.

#2 is to stand for the American flag.

Old 11-05-2020, 06:14 AM

5,985 posts, read 2,916,627 times
In my experience (having lived in a town of 400 people in Wyoming as well as in major cities on the east coast), people who claim there is no systemic racism rarely, if ever go into areas of the country heavily populated by non-white people. Claiming systemic racism does not exist is just inaccurate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies