Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2020, 12:03 PM

10,513 posts, read 5,165,182 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
one of the only times I can agree with you. However,for Gods sake is biden the best you could do???
LOL. I know, Biden wasn't my pick in the primaries but there are a lot of older moderate centrist Democrats who aren't comfortable with progressives. He was viewed as the "safe" known choice. Biden's on the verge of victory so I won't question their judgment. They picked a winner.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2020, 12:06 PM

8,272 posts, read 10,989,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Uh huh. If Biden used "Hammer and Scorecard" hacking software to alter the vote, why didn't he also alter the vote to get himself a Democratic Senate too? This conspiracy theory doesn't make sense to me, sorry.
Trump folks demand to Stop the Vote. Right ?

Old 11-05-2020, 12:07 PM

7,473 posts, read 4,015,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00lucky00 View Post
yep, i smell a rat. the dems couldnt get him out legitimately so they cooked up something.

oh well, they asked for it they got it.

biden is much more presidential dont you know.
I have been thinking this about Biden......hes in china's hip pocket..........he bends with any prevailing wind
{riots and looting are simply "protests", All white people are racist, Regain our allies is simply rhetoric to have us start paying all the bills and letting OUR soldiers die.} be careful what you wish for........you may get it.

Old 11-05-2020, 12:20 PM

5,097 posts, read 2,314,170 times
Trump's base is over 68 million members strong? I don't know about that....

Old 11-05-2020, 12:25 PM

5,097 posts, read 2,314,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
Yep, Biden and his crew are going to %^*! the ME up again, and then in 4 years Botha idea will campaign on “bringing peace to the Middle East”.

Meanwhile the one man who actually made progress toward that end was ignored, ridiculed, and sneered at.

It makes me sick.
Come on, guys. You're embarrassing yourself, carrying on about all this fancy-pants foreign policy jibber-jabber. Trump made racist dog whistles, man! To white supremacists! And he's orange! Don't you know that those are the only things that matter?

Old 11-05-2020, 12:26 PM

2,942 posts, read 1,638,138 times
Quote:
Biden: 72.0 million
Trump: 68.3 million margin = 3.7 million

A clear majority of Americans want Trump out of office. However, Americans also voted for status quo in Congress, with no major changes to either the House or the Senate. From this we can draw only one conclusion, that this election was a referendum on Donald J. Trump himself.

He lost. And he can only blame himself for his loss: if, beginning in 2017, he started acting more presidential, actually acting as a dealmaker between Dems and Repubs like he said he was going to be, if he showed true consistent leadership in the fight against Covid, and didn't dog-whistle white supremacists, I'm convinced he would have been reelected. If he moved a little to the middle and acted like an adult he'd be locked in for the 2nd term right now.

He chose a combative "base only" strategy and style. Ultimately, that was his undoing.
Only half of Americans want Trump out of office. Not a big overwhelming majority by no means. The nation will remain divided even worse for the next 4 years, depending upon if people accept the results of this fixed election. Biden/Harris are powerless to change things the way they are.

Old 11-05-2020, 12:41 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,533,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Lies.

It doesn't make sense that Republicans held all of their seats in the House, and actually had gains in House members elected - but those votes for Republican House members did not translate to Trump votes.

Doesn't make sense.

Trump got 8-9 million more votes than 2016 - and he worked his butt off for that. Do I really believe than Biden - who barely ran a campaign - also got 8-9 million more votes? I don't believe that.
That’s on you to believe it or not. It does make sense that the PEOPLE have spoken and want him gone. Biden did run a campaign unlike Trump did in 2016 when all he really did was talk about crooked Hillary. Even those who voted for him in 2016 want him gone THAT makes sense.

Old 11-05-2020, 12:53 PM

10,557 posts, read 7,755,116 times
Biden won DC over Trump 93 to 5 percent.
Safe to say he’s not wanted there by locals.
NY is not real fond of him either.
Back to Florida for the Orange man.

Old 11-05-2020, 01:03 PM

20,102 posts, read 9,015,533 times
Quote:
Biden: 72.0 million
Trump: 68.3 million margin = 3.7 million

A clear majority of Americans want Trump out of office. However, Americans also voted for status quo in Congress, with no major changes to either the House or the Senate. From this we can draw only one conclusion, that this election was a referendum on Donald J. Trump himself.

He lost. And he can only blame himself for his loss: if, beginning in 2017, he started acting more presidential, actually acting as a dealmaker between Dems and Repubs like he said he was going to be, if he showed true consistent leadership in the fight against Covid, and didn't dog-whistle white supremacists, I'm convinced he would have been reelected. If he moved a little to the middle and acted like an adult he'd be locked in for the 2nd term right now.

He chose a combative "base only" strategy and style. Ultimately, that was his undoing.
fired he is, but his legacy will be around for 40 years. Barrett is about 40 years younger than Ginsburg was. Kavanaugh is good for 30 years, Gorsuch 25 years.

Old 11-05-2020, 01:06 PM

24,623 posts, read 9,454,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post
I still not vote in a Dem. Id rather vote in the Libertarian candidate.
I haven't voted Dem since ever, and I'm black

The failures of Democrats with the black and brown community will not be on my hands.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies