Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2020, 01:34 PM

1,706 posts, read 636,352 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
Snowflakes...
And cupcakes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2020, 01:34 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,743,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leona Valley View Post
That defines liberals.
????? Trump’s a liberal????

Old 11-05-2020, 01:35 PM

3,071 posts, read 3,223,921 times
There are millions of ballots (from Dems and Reps) that were mailed in timely and not counted until the day of.

Old 11-05-2020, 01:50 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,870,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
So, in your mind, it takes LONGER to count fewer ballots in a CLOSE STATE, than more ballots in a state that was not close?

Elections DO NOT WORK THAT WAY, unless of course, there is fraud, manipulation, or gross incompetence.

Give me a break!
You need to read my post again.

It takes LONGER to decide a closely contested race, because it takes longer to get to the tipping point where the remaining uncounted votes have no impact on the outcome. And that is how elections work.

Old 11-05-2020, 01:53 PM

15,825 posts, read 6,536,770 times
Ask yourself this: if DJT wasn't President, would there be any controversy here?

Old 11-05-2020, 02:00 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,743,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
You need to read my post again.

It takes LONGER to decide a closely contested race, because it takes longer to get to the tipping point where the remaining uncounted votes have no impact on the outcome. And that is how elections work.
Yup. I’ve been making that point myself all morning.

But if the counting starts sooner in one state than in another, don’t you think that has an effect on where the counting is on a given date?

That’s the point that Hawkeye is (inexplicably) missing.

Old 11-05-2020, 02:01 PM

1,449 posts, read 1,147,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
Ask yourself this: if DJT wasn't President, would there be any controversy here?
If it's a close race (presidential or otherwise) and there are concerns about the voting process/validity/whatever, those concerns should *absolutely* be addressed. Nothing controversial about that.

Old 11-05-2020, 02:12 PM

4,088 posts, read 2,560,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
Even without the stunning behavior of the democratic states literally behaving in a way that NO other election ever did, stopping in the middle of the count for 2 days of much slower counting -- when Florida was done Tuesday night, I called this early on.

By introducing such a non controlled factor and trying to rely on it.. you introduced room for doubt into the process.

There is no way that should have been allowed. But the courts really couldn't do anything until there was some "damage" and so they let it go forward. After all they can't guess what is going to happen. What if Trump got 80% of the vote, there would have been nothing to argue about.

But now, they have damage. They have a "case or controversy" And now, the election is HOPELESSLY messed up. Did they think Trump would just roll over and hand it to Biden if it was close? Have they met him?

Even if Biden legit got all the votes he said he did, this was the completely foreseeable result of introducing the mail in ballots.

And who pays? The people.

I only hope the Dems get to pay.
The President himself has been introducing "room for doubt" about this election for months.

That and in the state in which I live, mail-in ballots are not permitted to be counted until after the polls close on election day. The current, Republican-led legislature denied permission to allow the ballots to be counted before election day.

Old 11-05-2020, 02:17 PM

6,895 posts, read 5,860,068 times
There are lots of local and regional situations here and there, but the main reason overall that election returns are taking a while is the record voter turnout. Why are you upset about high civic participation? Enfranchisement? Democracy? Why are so many Trump supporters acting like this is a BAD thing? I thought Trump was supposed to be a populist candidate?

(People have some short memories, anyway...remember how long 2000's election took to be unambiguously called?)

Old 11-05-2020, 02:20 PM

4,088 posts, read 2,560,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
Two words: "hanging chads."

Seeing Karl Rove wax on during election night coverage about unprecedented, etc.......I turned to my partner and said, "does he not remember 2000?!?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies