Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2020, 12:20 PM

7,240 posts, read 4,548,286 times

Advertisements

Even without the stunning behavior of the democratic states literally behaving in a way that NO other election ever did, stopping in the middle of the count for 2 days of much slower counting -- when Florida was done Tuesday night, I called this early on.

By introducing such a non controlled factor and trying to rely on it.. you introduced room for doubt into the process.

There is no way that should have been allowed. But the courts really couldn't do anything until there was some "damage" and so they let it go forward. After all they can't guess what is going to happen. What if Trump got 80% of the vote, there would have been nothing to argue about.

But now, they have damage. They have a "case or controversy" And now, the election is HOPELESSLY messed up. Did they think Trump would just roll over and hand it to Biden if it was close? Have they met him?

Even if Biden legit got all the votes he said he did, this was the completely foreseeable result of introducing the mail in ballots.

And who pays? The people.

I only hope the Dems get to pay.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2020, 12:26 PM

5,638 posts, read 6,516,173 times
I blame the Sharpies

Old 11-05-2020, 12:29 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,455,334 times
Quote:
You people are always blaming Democrats for everything that seems to go wrong whether under Republican control or Democratic control, it is always the Democrat's fault.

You have an excuse for everything. Pretty immature.

Old 11-05-2020, 12:31 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,112,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
Even without the stunning behavior of the democratic states literally behaving in a way that NO other election ever did, stopping in the middle of the count for 2 days of much slower counting -- when Florida was done Tuesday night, I called this early on.

By introducing such a non controlled factor and trying to rely on it.. you introduced room for doubt into the process.

There is no way that should have been allowed. But the courts really couldn't do anything until there was some "damage" and so they let it go forward. After all they can't guess what is going to happen. What if Trump got 80% of the vote, there would have been nothing to argue about.

But now, they have damage. They have a "case or controversy" And now, the election is HOPELESSLY messed up. Did they think Trump would just roll over and hand it to Biden if it was close? Have they met him?

Even if Biden legit got all the votes he said he did, this was the completely foreseeable result of introducing the mail in ballots.

So no blame on the Republican legislatures that wouldn't let early ballots be counted ahead of election day when everyone knew there would be too many to count on election night?

Old 11-05-2020, 12:32 PM

12,722 posts, read 7,574,122 times
Quote:
this was the completely foreseeable result of introducing the mail in ballots
Mail-in ballots were first used during the Civil War.
Mail-in voting is the only way many of members of the US armed forces can vote.
In 2016 over 33 million mail-in votes were cast.
Donald Trump voted via a mail-in ballot.
Utah votes exclusively by mail, Trump won in a landslide.

So when you talk about "introducing" mail-in ballots you mean they shouldn't have started allowing them during the US Civil War?

Old 11-05-2020, 12:33 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times
Quote:

That is correct-

This is a direct assault on the foundation of the nation- fair elections.

The democrats keep "upping the ante" in new and shocking ways every year. It has come to the point that most democrats no longer share the same values or goals as the rest of the nation.

The seeds of secession have been sewn.

Old 11-05-2020, 12:36 PM

23,862 posts, read 24,111,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
You people are always blaming Democrats for everything that seems to go wrong whether under Republican control or Democratic control, it is always the Democrat's fault.

You have an excuse for everything. Pretty immature.
The problems at issue have been caused exclusively by Democrats trying to change the rules of the elections in these states at the last minute. If I'm wrong, I'll admit it. Simply cite the problem.

It's not immature to direct criticism where you believe it's deserved.

What's immature is dismissing the concerns of the citizens who are doing so, and calling them immature.

(Why the hell am I on this site again?!)

Old 11-05-2020, 12:37 PM

6,666 posts, read 2,972,733 times
The mail in voting definitely threw a wrench into things.

Not sure if they anticipated that it would cause all these delays. Especially since States have their own rules on when they can start counting them.

But I am not an anti-mailer. Considering the Covid presence it made sense to allow this option. It probably saved alot of people from catching it.

I voted in person. The polling place is a 5 min walk from my home so it made sense.

Does it make things ripe for error, and or Fraud?

Yeah,..I think it does,..that's just another middle-man limbo where your vote goes and who knows what.

Was there fraud? Can't say. Do your investigation.

Old 11-05-2020, 12:38 PM

23,862 posts, read 24,111,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
The seeds of secession have been sewn.
That happened on college campuses in the '60s and '70s. What we're seeing now is the fruit of those seeds being harvested.

We need more herbicide.

Old 11-05-2020, 12:38 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,381,866 times
Quote:
Even without the stunning behavior of the democratic states literally behaving in a way that NO other election ever did, stopping in the middle of the count for 2 days of much slower counting -- when Florida was done Tuesday night, I called this early on....

You should probably look into the laws and regulations regarding how/when votes are counted between FL and, say, MI or WI. You're making yourself look silly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies