Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2020, 08:59 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,400,252 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
The Obama, Clinton, Biden, and Pelosi families all have an incredible amount of wealth gained exclusively from government service. Foreign governments and private companies paying for their access seems to be how they accumulated their hundreds of millions. That seems to be ok with everyone even though it shouldn’t be.

But somehow, people are angry over Trump’s business dealings.

In typical liberal fashion, double standard.

Whenever the left accuses the other side of doing something, rest assured that they themselves are also doing it.

It takes two sides to make those deals and Trump & Co. was just the other side of the same coin but somehow the faithful just can't seem to understand that. I guess it's just coincidence that Daddy donated $2.5M to Harvard and little Jared was accepted there, eh?

HINT: There's never been a bribe without both a giver and a taker and they're both guilty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2020, 09:09 AM

5,985 posts, read 2,917,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
Trump will lose a lot of legitimate business after this, but he can probably make up for it by building a new shadow more extreme and even dumber version of Fox News for his base to gravitate to.
good lord, we don't need another OANN

Old 11-06-2020, 09:16 AM

23,976 posts, read 15,086,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
I can't believe you folks either pay money for BI or jump through hoops to view articles for free.

Thankfully, I saw the "According to Reuters", so here you go...

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN27J0G0

now, either these authors didn't transcribe what they were told, made stuff up, or these "senior bank executives" aren't senior at ll.

1. demand repayment - so long as the loans are being paid by the terms of the loan agreement, this is likely not possible.

2. foreclose - they couldn't even begin foreclosure until the loan maturity date, and it would be a legal battle to do so. if it takes banks a year (basically) to foreclose on a non-paying individual, what do you think would be involved with a $200M commercial property?

3. seize his assets? I feel confident that if you look at his last personal financial disclosure, you should find his personal deposit accounts. Show us the $340MM he personally has on deposit with DB. Even more importantly, show us the guarantee document that says thy can simply seize his assets.
Looks to me like in order to call the note before maturity Deutsche bank would need to prove fraud.

Old 11-06-2020, 09:25 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Looks to me like in order to call the note before maturity Deutsche bank would need to prove fraud.

Well, IF Cohen could be believed, this would be a likely place to start looking.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...57b_story.html

Old 11-06-2020, 09:29 AM

9,434 posts, read 4,255,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Ya think? Why do you think they are cooperating with the state.
And for the record, I don't think the bank just wants to cut ties, I think they want to go to war to get their money back.

Old 11-06-2020, 09:30 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,525,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Not to jump too far ahead, but it doesn't look like Rush Limbaugh will be able to work much longer.

There's a market niche he could fit very well into.
Wow, that's forward thinking. I never considered that, el Rushbo would die happy knowing Trump continues the crazy.

Old 11-06-2020, 09:59 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,828,130 times
Of course Deutsche bank would like to cut ties with Trump. At this point, he has no visible means of support after January 2021.

His "wealth" consists of high overhead, money-losing properties.

Last I read, the only properties he owns that are making money are the ones that he visits regularly. But you got a wonder how many people are going to pay to have access to him at Mar-a-Lago or that DC hotel after January.

Perhaps NBC will hire him to fire Gary Busby types. Who knows?

Perhaps he could take over Limbaugh's gig. We'll see if he has the oomph for that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies