Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2020, 05:40 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,716,580 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFL_Native View Post
IMO he shouldn't have **** on John McCain when he was 1 foot in the grave and then continued to crap on him after he was buried. That alone likely flipped a traditionally red state blue and turned the last bastion of American red cities into a blue area now. Phoenix remember his treatment of their hero and they voted accordingly in this election.
Trump speaks the truth....even when you're "not supposed to", or so many have been taught.

None of us are privy to all of the details of the Trump - McCain history, but I do know enough to know that McCain had some of it coming. Going back long before any attention was paid to their relationship, McCain never said or did anything as a Senator to earn my respect.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2020, 05:48 AM

26,721 posts, read 26,798,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradnsota View Post
I feel he would have won if he did one simple thing. If he spoke nicer and more compassionately this year during these stressful times. I get that his schtick has been the "You're Fired" thing and the guy is a genuine ********, but he did himself in by not toning that stuff down when people needed some niceness.
He has a personality disorder. He's incapable of changing his basic character. We should have seen evidence of this when he was running in 2016.

Old 11-07-2020, 07:01 AM

35,688 posts, read 21,045,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
Trump speaks the truth....even when you're "not supposed to", or so many have been taught.

None of us are privy to all of the details of the Trump - McCain history, but I do know enough to know that McCain had some of it coming. Going back long before any attention was paid to their relationship, McCain never said or did anything as a Senator to earn my respect.
You don’t openly bash a war hero. May some burn in he!! for being so disgustingly arrogant. This is America and we honor our fallen and those who serve.

Old 11-07-2020, 07:02 AM

35,688 posts, read 21,045,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
He has a personality disorder. He's incapable of changing his basic character. We should have seen evidence of this when he was running in 2016.
Narcissist- read the basic attributes- 100%

Old 11-07-2020, 07:27 AM

9,372 posts, read 6,973,951 times
Quote:

I didn’t love all of McCains politics but it’s another to **** on him as hes being buried. Some times you just have to know when to **** and Trump doesn’t. Arizona loved McCain and it certainly cost the Republicans their last red city in this election.

Old 11-07-2020, 07:36 AM

26,721 posts, read 26,798,919 times
Quote:
He did stand up for the ACA. (And I hope it wasn't just because he happened to have cancer.) I was never a fan of McCain--it had nothing to do with politics; he just seemed like a selfish person--but he certainly didn't deserve the way Trump treated him.

Old 11-07-2020, 07:47 AM

11,974 posts, read 25,470,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by everwinter View Post
-bashing the military

-bashing John McCain

-racist comments

-bashed Atlanta saying it's falling apart & is crime infested.

-bashed Detroit saying living there is like living in hell

-acted like a 12 year-old bully in his first debate

-loudly spoke out against scientist recommendations & poorly managed covid. He could have just said nothing & put a mask on when he was in front of the camera & he would have done much better, but he couldn't even manage that fakeness.
And in spite of all of that Democrats won key states by the slimmest of margins and far below polling estimates. I hope both parties take a step back and examine themselves. Trump could've won easily if he stayed out of Twitter battles and took COVID seriously. When that didn't happen Democrats could've defeated him easily if not openly embracing Marxism and far flung things like abolishing police and 200 different genders. The message voters sent is we're mad at everyone. Trump lost but Democrats also lost House seats.

Old 11-07-2020, 07:48 AM

3,406 posts, read 1,903,276 times
Quote:
Setting aside all the folks suffering from TDS, the one way media who simply cannot bring themselves to report in full context and evenly and the fact we are in the middle of a Pandemic, I feel there is a glaring issue that was a self inflicted wound that cost Trump a second term.

Even with everything going against Trump, I feel he would have won if he did one simple thing. If he spoke nicer and more compassionately this year during these stressful times. I get that his schtick has been the "You're Fired" thing and the guy is a genuine ********, but he did himself in by not toning that stuff down when people needed some niceness. I feel 100% confident Harris/Biden would not have done any better with the Pandemic, simply because they were late to the party when they were claiming Trump was over reacting when he started limiting travel and wanted people to avoid going into the cities for those celebrations (ironic, I know), so they would have had an even deeper hole to dig out of. BUT, Trump could not bring himself to stop with the rude, tough guy, in your face, downright mean talk and lots of people vote on feelings over actual policy. That cost Trump dearly. IMO, Trump has no one else to blame but himself. Yes, the deck was stacked against him with all the previous items I mentioned, but if he just decided to be a kinder, more attentive person this year I bet he would have won a second term.

This is on Trump, though he will never ever admit to that.
I agree with you a GAZILLION times over! He simply could not help himself, no matter what. It is what it is!
The GOOD NEWS is that ALL Americans, INCLUDING DEMOCRATS, can now look forward to Biden/Harris FIXING EVERYTHING on Day One (LOL)! And everybody who voted for them will reap the "rewards"...or consequences!! Sadly, he got no credit for being one of the greatest presidents in American history, and he FALSELY assumed that doing what he promised to do would be enough to get him re-elected The hatred for him exceeded the hatred for Crooked Hillary. Not enough blacks are woke...YET. As always, the Democrat Party used them, just like Obama did, and will kick them to the curb job-wise, etc. On the other hand, had Trump had a weak, wimpy, personality, he would have never gotten elected in 2016 anyway! He deserves to go back to the successful lifestyle he had! He did right by America, and needs to move on.
Half of America agrees with me, I'm sure. The other half will wish they HAD voted for him last week!
China, Russia, North Korea, Iran are licking their chops as we speak!

Old 11-07-2020, 07:52 AM

28,665 posts, read 18,775,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
Plus isn't he the only POTUS in recent memory not to have a dog, or a pet? I'm not saying that every President should, it's just that at least for optics, he should have. Might have given the idea he has some empathy...when I doubt he has.

Humour is so important. It's what keeps marriages working a lot of the time.

As well as no family life. We saw the Reagans together having fun on horseback. We saw both the elder and the junior Bushes going on date nights with their wives--and clearly appearing to enjoy each other's company. They seemed to like their children as well. Normal family stuff.

Old 11-07-2020, 07:56 AM

15,956 posts, read 7,021,038 times
Quote:
Setting aside all the folks suffering from TDS, the one way media who simply cannot bring themselves to report in full context and evenly and the fact we are in the middle of a Pandemic, I feel there is a glaring issue that was a self inflicted wound that cost Trump a second term.

Even with everything going against Trump, I feel he would have won if he did one simple thing. If he spoke nicer and more compassionately this year during these stressful times. I get that his schtick has been the "You're Fired" thing and the guy is a genuine ********, but he did himself in by not toning that stuff down when people needed some niceness. I feel 100% confident Harris/Biden would not have done any better with the Pandemic, simply because they were late to the party when they were claiming Trump was over reacting when he started limiting travel and wanted people to avoid going into the cities for those celebrations (ironic, I know), so they would have had an even deeper hole to dig out of. BUT, Trump could not bring himself to stop with the rude, tough guy, in your face, downright mean talk and lots of people vote on feelings over actual policy. That cost Trump dearly. IMO, Trump has no one else to blame but himself. Yes, the deck was stacked against him with all the previous items I mentioned, but if he just decided to be a kinder, more attentive person this year I bet he would have won a second term.

This is on Trump, though he will never ever admit to that.
The mistake he made was to oppose mail in votes and discourage his supporters from doing it. The margins are razor thin, and they could have easily gone his way. It was an insane move.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies