Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2020, 07:55 AM

3,771 posts, read 1,524,054 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradnsota View Post
Very true. He hasn't moved one ounce and I'm sure he was advised to many times. That's why politicians have handlers, so they can view the mood and help change the optics. I don't think Trump has it in him to accept constructive criticism. But at the end of the day, he still managed to become POTUS, which not one of us ever thought he could. Gotta give him that at least.
I’m sure trump surrounds himself with yes men.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2020, 08:02 AM

6,115 posts, read 3,088,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradnsota View Post
Setting aside all the folks suffering from TDS, the one way media who simply cannot bring themselves to report in full context and evenly and the fact we are in the middle of a Pandemic, I feel there is a glaring issue that was a self inflicted wound that cost Trump a second term.

Even with everything going against Trump, I feel he would have won if he did one simple thing. If he spoke nicer and more compassionately this year during these stressful times. I get that his schtick has been the "You're Fired" thing and the guy is a genuine ********, but he did himself in by not toning that stuff down when people needed some niceness. I feel 100% confident Harris/Biden would not have done any better with the Pandemic, simply because they were late to the party when they were claiming Trump was over reacting when he started limiting travel and wanted people to avoid going into the cities for those celebrations (ironic, I know), so they would have had an even deeper hole to dig out of. BUT, Trump could not bring himself to stop with the rude, tough guy, in your face, downright mean talk and lots of people vote on feelings over actual policy. That cost Trump dearly. IMO, Trump has no one else to blame but himself. Yes, the deck was stacked against him with all the previous items I mentioned, but if he just decided to be a kinder, more attentive person this year I bet he would have won a second term.

This is on Trump, though he will never ever admit to that.
When he said, “Look at India, its filthy”, which it sure is.
But the truth irked all Indians in USA who hold American citizenship. They went ahead and voted against Trump, instead of cleaning up their county.

And then Kamala is also an Indian so she attracted all Indian votes - let’s see what does she do about filthy India.

https://twitter.com/adeelraja/status...rl%5D%5B/QUOTE

Old 11-08-2020, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
He also very rarely cracks a genuine smile, and it's very rare to see him laugh. Just like his jokes when he does smile or laugh it's usually at someone else's expense. The most mirthful I've ever seen him was in those photos of him meeting with the Russians in the oval office. You could tell he was genuinely smiling and laughing. Also, no pets. I'm not saying you need to have a dog or cat to be considered a good person, but it does tell you something about a person. Another look you never see on his face, a tender or affectionate glance at his wife or his son Baron.

Also: where Trump went wrong. Disparaging the military and calling them 'losers' and 'suckers'.
His funniest moment was when he told the UN he has done the most out of any administration in Us history. https://youtu.be/eN2jqTilLOM

Old 11-08-2020, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
It has nothing to do with that. China released the coronavirus in an election year as an act of retaliation. The U.S. economy took a huge hit.

This severely reduced the chance of Trump getting re-elected.
Need proof of this wild accusation, both claims.

If trump handled COVID better instead of constantly calling it China virus, it could’ve worked in his favor to show that he was a compassionate, competent leader.
No one blames trump for allowing COVID in the Us. People blame him for the handling and lying.

Old 11-08-2020, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
And in spite of all of that Democrats won key states by the slimmest of margins and far below polling estimates. I hope both parties take a step back and examine themselves. Trump could've won easily if he stayed out of Twitter battles and took COVID seriously. When that didn't happen Democrats could've defeated him easily if not openly embracing Marxism and far flung things like abolishing police and 200 different genders. The message voters sent is we're mad at everyone. Trump lost but Democrats also lost House seats.
Democrats had BLM to contend with.

Old 11-08-2020, 08:51 AM

6,115 posts, read 3,088,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblahyoutoo View Post
Need proof of this wild accusation, both claims.

If trump handled COVID better instead of constantly calling it China virus, it could’ve worked in his favor to show that he was a compassionate, competent leader.
No one blames trump for allowing COVID in the Us. People blame him for the handling and lying.
There is probably no other way to have had a better handle on Covid.
Two exceptions are,
You either test less or don’t report as China did - or - enforce a total and absolute shut down like New Zealand did, something that US economy and budget deficit cannot support.

In the first wave, we could say that we got caught by surprise, but now, that everyone is well aware and prepared for it, but the second and third wave’s spread is even worse. Look at the graph of England and many other first world countries in Europe. Where is the display of “better handling” by anyone ?

Had Biden been the president, he couldn’t and wouldn’t have done any better to stop the spread.

Trump did go ahead and bought remdesvir’s supply for several months in advance, and forced 3M to provide N95 to USA as first priority, which were both good steps to protect Americans.

And thankfully, it seems like the virus itself has naturally lost its potency and severity - and we don’t see too many dying patients checking into the ERs anymore.

Old 11-08-2020, 11:59 AM

17,581 posts, read 13,355,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
Basically he is a very mean person and any decent people would dislike him to say the least.

He insulted so many people, from McCain to the handicapped journalist. He is the ONLY head of government in the whole world saying "Chinese virus, kung flu" in public. He called some developing countries sh*hole in public.

Maybe some people consider it funny, but it is not presidential.

Harry Truman was crude sometimes. Nixon wasn't mean? Johnson wasn't mean and crude? You ought to read what obuma's Secret Service detail said about him!

A President is not a father figure. Hell, lots of fathers are mean and crude!

Old 11-08-2020, 12:29 PM

9,229 posts, read 9,758,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
Harry Truman was crude sometimes. Nixon wasn't mean? Johnson wasn't mean and crude? You ought to read what obuma's Secret Service detail said about him!

A President is not a father figure. Hell, lots of fathers are mean and crude!
This year, he lost by a very small margin in some swing states. I assume the Asian voters caused that to some extent.
Asians are typically leaning to the middle (compared to blacks and Latinos), but this time they vote against Trump.

Old 11-08-2020, 12:35 PM

8,272 posts, read 10,991,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mascoma View Post
He is what he is. He's comfortable in his own skin and would not be able to put on a faker personality. But serious;y most of the 'outrageous' comments and tweets were just overblown by the fake media machine.
This is a serious malady that the Trump followers exhibit. The Trump followers do not even believe the actual words that Trump states.

Even a direct quote of Trump is deemed "fake".

Even Trump on film/video in his own words is deemed "fake".

Even if Trump is quoted directly by any media - all media is "fake".

Some sort of hero worship that is detrimental to real democracy.

Old 11-09-2020, 08:50 AM

1,141 posts, read 1,208,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
This year, he lost by a very small margin in some swing states. I assume the Asian voters caused that to some extent.
Asians are typically leaning to the middle (compared to blacks and Latinos), but this time they vote against Trump.
Christian Chinese make up a big portion of the overall Chinese community in the U.S. and almost all voted for Trump. Your assumption is partially wrong.

Perhaps other Asians leaned away from Trump ie Indians and other groups, but certainly not Chinese Christians.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies