Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2020, 06:00 PM

1,969 posts, read 544,551 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
This was a concession speech by President Trump. True, not the type of concession speech one would expect from a rational person, but Mr. Trump is not a rational person.

Mr Trump has a good, indeed excellent, campaign team. He went to the very counties in states where he needed to shore up support. It was an excellent campaign, as in 2016.

Yet, even as President Trump spoke just now, his lead in Georgia was reduced to 3,900 votes or so.

His team knows how this is going to turn out. They have teams in every battle state, and they know how the trends are going.

Mr. Trump spoke in the way he did because he knows, from his team, that he has lost. Hence, his litany of lies, and implied call for violence.

The only question left for me: when will he begin pardoning his family and associates, resign, and then the President Pence pardon him? I bet early January.
implied call for violence? wow what an imagination.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2020, 06:13 PM

4,192 posts, read 2,511,188 times
Even Rick Santorum condemned Trump's remarks.

"We don’t know that right now, and for the President to go out there and claim that without any evidence of that is dangerous...I sat there I listened to him talking about the votes being taken away from him, and then he shifted to Arizona and said hey, 'I win this thing if they count the votes.' Well, how can you say we have to wait and count the votes in Arizona and I can win this thing, but if you count the votes in Philadelphia you’re stealing them? The reality is, in Pennsylvania Democrats voted by mail and Republicans voted — in person and it’s because you asked them to do so.”

Old 11-05-2020, 06:14 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,375,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00lucky00 View Post
implied call for violence? wow what an imagination.
Did you miss his son calling for all out war?

Old 11-05-2020, 06:19 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,901,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00lucky00 View Post
i wont lie he sounded exhausted and half there. i hope he is ok
Wasn't Trump tweeting at 2:00 a.m. this morning? He is certainly stressed right now (and has been for at least the last three days). He had an insane number of back to back to back rallies last week, with plane rides in between.

I doubt if he's getting much sleep or eating well. At his age, that can add up pretty quickly, and it shows just as rapidly, particularly since Trump wasn't in the best shape to start with. Having had Covid-19 recently doesn't help.

BTW, I thought Trump looked a bit less obese this past weekend - maybe Covid-19 took a few pounds off of him.

Old 11-05-2020, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by webster View Post
Even Rick Santorum condemned Trump's remarks.

"We don’t know that right now, and for the President to go out there and claim that without any evidence of that is dangerous...I sat there I listened to him talking about the votes being taken away from him, and then he shifted to Arizona and said hey, 'I win this thing if they count the votes.' Well, how can you say we have to wait and count the votes in Arizona and I can win this thing, but if you count the votes in Philadelphia you’re stealing them? The reality is, in Pennsylvania Democrats voted by mail and Republicans voted — in person and it’s because you asked them to do so.”
I'm glad Santorum spoke out - this quote sounds very spontaneous and honest.

I hope other Republican leaders will speak as frankly. They can couch it as concern for Trump's health if they must. I'm more concerned about the health of the nation just now.

Old 11-05-2020, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
you refer to his tweet? like the war on drugs? or battle against obesity?

get a grip you might strain something.

Trump lost, you should be delighted!
i dont get why all the anti trumpers are still upset.

Old 11-05-2020, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
I did miss that. Wow. Was this Junior, or Junior Junior?

Old 11-05-2020, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
Wasn't Trump tweeting at 2:00 a.m. this morning? He is certainly stressed right now (and has been for at least the last three days). He had an insane number of back to back to back rallies last week, with plane rides in between.

I doubt if he's getting much sleep or eating well. At his age, that can add up pretty quickly, and it shows just as rapidly, particularly since Trump wasn't in the best shape to start with. Having had Covid-19 recently doesn't help.

BTW, I thought Trump looked a bit less obese this past weekend - maybe Covid-19 took a few pounds off of him.
that and his insane rally schedule, i could NOT do what that senior citizen did! bless his heart, he served us well and fought like he said.

insert us flag imogee here

Old 11-05-2020, 06:28 PM

4,534 posts, read 4,931,272 times
In the words of Trump, Trump looks like a 'sad, very sad, pathetic loser'.

He lost. Now he needs to stop being a sore loser. GOP needs to put their foot down here to cut this cancer out from their party that's doing tremendous, bigly damage to them.

Old 11-05-2020, 06:30 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,375,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
I did miss that. Wow. Was this Junior, or Junior Junior?

Ah sorry it was "total war", not "all out war". And was today by Trump Jr.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fibonacci View Post
Now he needs to stop being a sore loser.
What in his history has led you to believe that he would suddenly act like a adult over losing?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies