Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2020, 06:39 AM

78,404 posts, read 60,579,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
Why do you assume that everyone votes straight down the list along party lines?
The simple answer is mental rigidity or atrophy...maybe a mix of both.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2020, 06:39 AM

2,306 posts, read 1,703,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lekrii View Post
I have never once voted straight party line in my life. What is confusing here?

I don't think I have either. I didn't vote a straight ticket in this election either. I don't blindly buy into "team red" or "team blue," I think for myself and vote for the person who I think is best.

Old 11-06-2020, 06:41 AM

23,974 posts, read 15,078,314 times
I have never in my life voted a straight party ticket.

Until this year.

Old 11-06-2020, 06:42 AM

19,219 posts, read 17,088,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
What is really odd is how the hold out states can tell us who won the races for congress and the local races but not the presidential?
In 2 of the 4 states (Nevada, AZ, GA & PA) there were no senate races, in the other two only AZ show a winner because he has a clear lead. The numbers reflected in these races match the Presidential votes so where is something amiss?

Old 11-06-2020, 06:43 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,054,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttboy View Post
Democrat dirty tricks?

Why Does Biden Have So Many More Votes Than Democrat Senators In Swing States?

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/...s-swing-states
Elections are hard

Old 11-06-2020, 06:43 AM

21,932 posts, read 9,498,367 times
OF COURSE they cheated. It's apparent. They had all these red votes and the they just 'find' blue votes in the big DEMOCRAT cities....

Old 11-06-2020, 06:44 AM

17,795 posts, read 13,687,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Funny-

They were in a hurry and only filled out the vote for president.

According to a poll worker in MI who was kicked out, the scheme worked like this:

1. The dems identified people who were registered at polling places, but did not vote. That is why they needed to wait until 4 am- they had to make sure those people did not vote. Then they took the names of everyone who did not vote and had them "vote" for Biden, dumping the ballots "late" at the polling places.

2. They had a list of dead people to use if the above was not enough (Trump must have really been killing Biden from actual live voters). A poll worker who was kicked out has a screen shot on the net of 7 consecutive "Biden voters", all of whom were born in 1900!!!!!

This is simply a coup. If this is not contested and only actual votes are counted, this is the end of the republic, as in EVERY election going forward, each side will prepare the required number of fake ballots to win. There would be a time in which there would be 4-5X the number of votes cast relative to the population.

Every election going forward would simply be decided by the party who had the best lawyers and control of the Supreme Court. Your vote, as a citizen, would be meaningless.
Did they drug all the Republicans in the room while they were doing this?

Old 11-06-2020, 06:44 AM

6,104 posts, read 3,341,443 times
Seems to be about 70% straight ticket voters is the norm. So 30% vote across party lines.

But I find it odd that someone would vote across party lines for a Senator. I could see it for the local races, but not the Senate.

Old 11-06-2020, 06:45 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,379,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
A lot of Republicans voted Biden, and then R for everything else. I imagine independents did, too.
Exactly, this isn't rocket surgery....

Old 11-06-2020, 06:47 AM

12,722 posts, read 7,574,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
According to a poll worker in MI who was kicked out, the scheme worked like this
Amazing that of all of Trump legal team's desperate Hail Marys they just haven't thought to produce your alleged poll worked to prove this coordinated attempt at cheating the vote.

Should be a slam dunk right? Nope. Because making things up on social media is one thing, actually testifying under oath is another, and that's where BS like this withers. Just like that poll worker in Georgia, when Trump lawyers dragged him into court and it was time to raise that hand knowing the consequences suddenly yeah it wasn't that I actually saw this for sure your honor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies