Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2020, 04:04 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,888,749 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by keraT View Post
random question, since Trump did not take salary for the presidential position if Biden wins does he not get a salary as well. Is it automatically omitted or he has to denounce it? yes we all know Trump made up for his lack of salary in other ways but that is not the discussion here
Of course Biden will get the usual presidential salary. What he does with it is up to him, just as it was up to Trump.

Trump tried to make political hay out of donating his (modest) presidential salary to charity, but he cost the taxpayers more than he donated, with his incessant golfing trips and grifting by sending illustrious international guests to his hotels.

Old 11-06-2020, 04:11 PM

7,489 posts, read 7,156,393 times
Military will haul his butt out of there.

How embarrassing.

This is the only thing he will be remember for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genz View Post
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fox...tlegrounds.amp

What is going on? I am actually scared for America. Trump keeps trying to discredit american democracy and the elections. Now I'm afraid he may use militia intervention to keep himself in the WH. This is really getting scary.

Old 11-06-2020, 04:12 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,197,584 times
Quote:
random question, since Trump did not take salary for the presidential position if Biden wins does he not get a salary as well. Is it automatically omitted or he has to denounce it? yes we all know Trump made up for his lack of salary in other ways but that is not the discussion here
Trump got his salary, he then donated it to various govt departments. He can not decide for future presidents if they will get a salary.

Old 11-06-2020, 04:17 PM

24,598 posts, read 9,437,319 times
Quote:
Ofcourse Biden is getting a salary, he doesn’t have a fraction of the money Trump and his family has.

But Trump is also entitled to a presidential pension if he wants it, as well as free travel, free healthcare, and lifelong secret service.

Old 11-06-2020, 04:19 PM

7,977 posts, read 4,983,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Ofcourse Biden is getting a salary, he doesn’t have a fraction of the money Trump and his family has.

But Trump is also entitled to a presidential pension if he wants it, as well as free travel, free healthcare, and lifelong secret service.

....And the best jail cell the state can provide eventually

Old 11-06-2020, 04:28 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,197,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
....And the best jail cell the state can provide eventually
Which will really cut down on the secret service expenses.

Old 11-06-2020, 04:30 PM

7,489 posts, read 7,156,393 times
Trump has money?

He is so in debt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post

Old 11-06-2020, 04:33 PM

68,327 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
As I’ve said, his speeches and conversations from 15 years ago were fine. This repeated loss of focus, constant mangling of words, and making nonsensical remarks is relatively new. He is demented, early stage. It will advance quickly under the stress of the WH, unless of course they keep in the private residence the majority of time.

You're entitled to your O-P-I-N-I-0-N. Personally, I thought Trump's rambling speech last night was far more indicative of a serious separation from reality. And it may shock you but I'm also entitled to my O-P-I-N-I-O-N.

Old 11-06-2020, 04:37 PM

18,718 posts, read 7,597,559 times
Quote:

What is going on? I am actually scared for America. Trump keeps trying to discredit american democracy and the elections. Now I'm afraid he may use militia intervention to keep himself in the WH. This is really getting scary.
Will you people EVER stop telling this lie?

Trump said nothing of the kind.

Just that he might not "concede" in the next day or two. Or even week. Until it's more clear that Biden won, and not fraudulently.

You people are STILL desperate, aren't you?

And/or worried that Biden didn't win after all?

Old 11-06-2020, 04:43 PM

2,361 posts, read 2,535,745 times
Quote:

It’ll be federal marshals that will evict him on the 21st if he’s refusing to leave, unless President Biden takes some unwarranted pity on him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies