Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2020, 12:14 PM

1,111 posts, read 747,395 times

Advertisements

Maybe it's just me, but it seems in the best interest of everyone to have fair elections in the future.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2020, 12:32 PM

6,820 posts, read 14,034,515 times
I would suggest you volunteer as a poll worker and then report your findings. I have been a poll worker and you have better chance of building a nuclear weapon in garage than you do pulling off massive voting fraud. Just doing some basic research about how elections are run would answer your question. Gerrymandering is the only fraud being committed and it is done by both parties.

Old 11-08-2020, 03:46 PM

21,932 posts, read 9,503,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDproAV View Post
Maybe it's just me, but it seems in the best interest of everyone to have fair elections in the future.
Hey. I know. Let's do it NOW. With THIS election. Because if we don't, do you think Democrats will do it? And if we don't and if there IS fraud, it means we have a dictatorship, not a Democracy. It means the Democrats decided who they wanted and cheated to get him in. There will NEVER be an honest election in this country if we don't make sure this one was.

Old 11-08-2020, 03:48 PM

3,318 posts, read 2,339,713 times
Nope. Their guy won, and that's all that matters to them.

In fairness, many Trump supporters would feel the same if the scenario were reversed.

Just the nature of politics.

Old 11-08-2020, 03:58 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,142,059 times
Quote:
It depends what you mean.

Are you willing to agree that every serious investigation of voter fraud found that it is almost non-existent, whereas vote suppression is constant and ongoing?

Old 11-08-2020, 04:30 PM

4,661 posts, read 1,952,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainraiser View Post
I would suggest you volunteer as a poll worker and then report your findings. I have been a poll worker and you have better chance of building a nuclear weapon in garage than you do pulling off massive voting fraud. Just doing some basic research about how elections are run would answer your question. Gerrymandering is the only fraud being committed and it is done by both parties.
I have volunteered for many elections as a poll worker, the most significant was in the 2008 election of Obama(in florida at the time). Every location had a Lawyer sent by the Obama camp and the ACLU to make sure the elections were fair. At our location, which was a small polling place, we only had one but some had multiples. He was able to go anywhere he wished, made sure if there were any questions raised about a voters eligibility that he was right there to take notes. Literally feet away. No one complained about this whatsoever. I even spent a great deal of talking to him as our location was so small(only had about 80 votes all day). This is a far cry from what we are hearing in PA about Trump poll watchers being kept far away from the ballot counting and the issue of boarding up windows. Thats not normal and raises questions. I can just imagine if that type of thing went on in 2008 the Obama team and the ACLU would have been calling fraud every step of the way. .

Old 11-08-2020, 04:38 PM

5,163 posts, read 3,088,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
It depends what you mean.

Are you willing to agree that every serious investigation of voter fraud found that it is almost non-existent, whereas vote suppression is constant and ongoing?
Non existent? Then how would you explain these anomalies in several large cities? Anomalies that seem to be limited to the votes for Biden:

https://stillnessinthestorm.com/2020...ly-impossible/

Old 11-08-2020, 04:41 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,450,610 times
Quote:
Sure, review it.

But come up with real evidence BEFORE you start trashing the integrity of elections.

You are less interested in "fair elections" than you are in spreading wild, fact-free rumors - anything that could stick, like throwing spaghetti against a wall - in a desperate attempt to avoid facing up to the reality that your guy lost.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies